Alamo SUV Rental-MCO

jess1955

Earning My Ears
Anyone rent an intermediate or standard SUV recently from Alamo at MCO? If so, just wondering what options you had for each class to choose from.

Thanks!

I've never been given a choice from Alamo. Every rental I've ever had with them they've had a vehicle assigned. Even when using skip the counter they had a minivan pulled up to the curb for me when I got there. That was also in DEN and not MCO though.

I've never been given a choice from Alamo. Every rental I've ever had with them they've had a vehicle assigned. Even when using skip the counter they had a minivan pulled up to the curb for me when I got there. That was also in DEN and not MCO though.
Interesting, since DEN is listed as one of the Alamo locations where you can choose your own vehicle (https://www.alamo.com/en/reserve/skip-the-counter-lookup.html ) with skip the counter. MCO is also. We were not able to choose our car at Raleigh-Durham, but they are not a participating location.

Yes, I booked an Alamo Intermediate SUV a few weeks ago, arrived 9/25 for 8 days. I chose a Toyota Highlander, it is probably (?) a standard SUV because it had the 3rd row of seats. Lots of Chevy Equinoxes.

Alamo has beed choose your own vehicle for 10 years or more I think. I like to get one with a key fob to lock doors, and no smoke smell (although their cleaners mask the smoke smell, on Day 2 I often smell it returning.

We’ve gotten mid-size and standard SUVs from Alamo at MCO. We’ve seen just about every size available in both, including a minivan. We ended up with a large SUV for our standard SUV on our last trip. Being able to put down half of the third row seat helped immensely as we had an excessive amount of luggage for 5 of us.

That's strange as we have rented through Alamo for years (use them exclusively) and with the exception of one time at Charleston SC airport, we've always been able to choose our own vehicle. We were just in Fort Myers last week and while we didn't have the option to skip the counter and go directly to the garage, we were able to choose our vehicle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter