Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride - Accessible Vehicle?

BroganMc

It's not the age, it's the mileage
Has anyone been on this and can describe it for me?

I passed over it last time with my niece because I thought you needed to transfer and board like Dumbo. Now I read it has a wheelchair accessible vehicle. I've looked AllEarsNet to see a photo of the "accessible" vehicle, but it doesn't look like it fits a wheelchair.

Is it like Buzz Lightyear?

If so, I can plan to take my niece on it next month.

J;)

Yes, we have used the wheelchair carpet on this ride many times. It takes a second for the CMs to prepare it and yes, it has been "not operating" a couple of times. But my son has always had fun on it. What they do is roll out the backseat and rotate a small revolving platform. The wheelchair is rolled in, rotated and locked down and then the door is shut There is room for two adults in the front seat. Because you are not sitting on the bench but in your chair, you are riding higher, and don't feel as protected by the sides of the ride vehicle. The first couple of times my son held my hand. His Dad is in the front seat and at the controls and can make sure DS gets squirted by the camels! This is my recollection, hope it makes sense. I understand that the similar ride at animal kingdom with the dinosaurs is configured the same way. We haven't done that one - DS says that Dumbo, magic carpets and space vehicles fly --- but not triceratops! Looses some of the magic. Have fun.

zaksmom said:
YWhat they do is roll out the backseat and rotate a small revolving platform. The wheelchair is rolled in, rotated and locked down and then the door is shut There is room for two adults in the front seat. Because you are not sitting on the bench but in your chair, you are riding higher, and don't feel as protected by the sides of the ride vehicle. The first couple of times my son held my hand. His Dad is in the front seat and at the controls and can make sure DS gets squirted by the camels! This is my recollection, hope it makes sense. I understand that the similar ride at animal kingdom with the dinosaurs is configured the same way. We haven't done that one - DS says that Dumbo, magic carpets and space vehicles fly --- but not triceratops! Looses some of the magic. Have fun.
I have some pictures of the Aladdin ride car someplace. I don't know when I'll have time to look for them, but will in the next week or so.
From the ground, you don't notice it. Because the back seat rolls out, it is used just the same as a regular car for visitors who don't use a wheelchair. As zak's mom posted, to ready it for a wheelchair, they roll out the back seat. The back of the car forms a ramp that the wheelchair can drive up to get in. Then they close up the back, and you are all set.
The AK Triceraptops Spin is the same basic car, just themed differently.
My DD's manual wheelchair fits in both of those ride cars. Her manual wheelchair is 50 inches long (from her backpackpack hanging on the back to her feet on the footrests) and 26 inches wide (that's the measurement from the outside of one wheel to the outside of the other). A wider chair would fit, but I'm not sure how much longer of a chair would fit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter