• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

AKL Room suggestions?

MickMan

DIS Veteran
We are going to stay at AKL Savannah view. Any suggestions on Trail, floor or view?

Thanks!:bounce:

We stayed on the Kudo trail, 3rd floor, I believe it was room 3325 or 3352. I'll have to go through all my things I bring home to get it, I'll do that this after noon. 3rd floor was great, no obstruction, the kudo trail was popular with the animals. nothing like looking out your door in the pm and seeing animals grazing but gettin gup in the morning was great. I actually ran out in my undies I was so excited to see the animals roaming around and having breakfast:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :D

We have stayed on the Zebra Trail twice. We prefer 2nd floor (lowest with Savannah view) because you are closer to the animal's level and I think the view is better at the lower levels than on the upper two levels (tree tops get in the way up there). Also, the Zebra trail is most accessable to the pool and Mara's. The elevator that goes to the pool is on the Zebra trail and Mara's is adjacent to the pool.

I stayed on the 3rd Floor Zebra trail, about midway down the arm.

It was wonderfully convient to the Pool and Mara (quick service snack bar) and on the same level as the lobby making it easy access when coming and going from the Hotel.

There is an Elevator halfway down the Zebra trail that goes down next to the pool.

We had a great time there.

Have fun on your trip.

Cindy in NY

Hello MickMan- If I had to chose, I'd ask for the Zebra Trail over the Kudu Trail. The walk to the pool, food or lobby seemed alot further from the Kudu Trail. One thing to consider, if you're going to run out onto the balcony " in your undies", like a lot of people do, Most other people out on their balconys CAN see you and alot of them have cameras. You never know where your picture might show up.

I stayed on the 2nd floor on the Kudu trail, Savannah view room, it was definetly a nice little hike back and forth from the room to the pool, etc... It was my first time there and I was very happy with that trail though, I just looked at it like each time I had to walk through that awesome lobby it was worth it. (plus I got some excersise)The animals were always outside, it was great...2nd floor definetly great..just perfect for the giraffes.

Good luck..have a great trip!!

Just wondering what animals you see on the Zebra trail. We are thinking of staying at AKL and I REALLY want to see Giraffes and so do the kidlets LOL. I know this will sound like a silly question but do you also see Zebra on the Zebra Trail?

I have to agree, that it is bit of a walk from Kudu to the pool and Mara or Boma's but really not that bad. Walking through that lobby is a treat in itself. We also stayed on the second floor rm. 2217. LOTS of animals everyday. There was a little creek that ran just to the right of our balcony and it seemed to be a magnet for all the animals, as at some point all of them would wander over and graze a bit, which left us with some great close up pictures! :D

We were there in June and really loved our room. Zebra trail second floor right outside theat elevator that goes down to the pool. We had a short walk to everything. I think it was room number 2503. We were right next to a viewing area so it was a corner room-very quiet. Great view of zebras, giraffes, and other large african animals. 2 Queen beds and perfect for our family. I will actually try to request that room if we stay again...which I believe we will.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter