AKL during Christmas time??

jacksonsmom

<font color=blue>Can you guess who I am a mom for?
How is it? Is it decorated Christmas themed?

We will be taking a mini December trip back down to Disney from Dec.11th-Dec.15th.

We are leaning towards the Animal Lodge because I figured it would be nice to get a Savannah view & since the hours are shorter in December we can relax & watch the animals.

Are they pretty active in December?

We will have a car so transportation isn't a worry.

We just don't know where to stay in December!
Help!

Amazing!

It's the only resort that made my jaw drop as I walked into the lobby with the decorations up.

Not a traditional victorian Currier and Ives type thing, but gorgeous none the less, in an exotic type of way.

If you want traditional than the BWI/BWV lobby is stunning.

The animals are if anything a little more active in the cooler months.

I've stayed at the AKL in December and in March, its an incredible resort.

Anne

The AKL is our favorite resort. We have stayed there during Christmas and the decorations are beautiful. Lots of orange and gold colors. The decorations at Le Cellieur are similar in color. They have the tallest Christmas tree of any Disney resort and all of the decorations on the tree are African inspired.

And to add to that, Travel Channel rated the Animal Kingdom Lodge the best family friendly resort in America. I can't imagine anyone not liking it.

BTW, we actually prefer the pool view to the Savannah view. Even our kids like the pool view better. There are several places with viewing balconies to view the Savannahs. If you stay in a Savannah view, the animals are out all night and the Savannahs are lighted to simulate a full moon so you get to see some of the animals at anytime. Of course, some times of day are better than others.

Jacksonsmom, I agree with the others -- my AKL Christmas stay was wonderful. The AKL is my favorite resort, too, and being there for the holidays was a perfect way to celebrate. I don't have many holiday photos of the AKL, but I do have a couple: click here to view them. They basically suck, but they at least give you an idea of what to expect. By the way, my favorite AKL holiday photo is the following: click here to view it. Oh, to be young and believe that the world is a wonderful place, *sigh.*

Thank you everyone for your responses.

The animal lodge sounds like my kind of place. One of my dreams is to go to Kenya & watch the animal in the natural surrounds but that is a dream that won't happen anytime soon, plus I would not feel 'safe' traveling to Kenya right now.

So I am thinking AKL is the next best thing.

Should I book it now or maybe wait until a code comes out?
I am leaning to booking it now because I would be SO disappointed if I didn't get a Savannah view.

Go ahead and book it, Jacksonsmom. The worst that can happen is you change it later. I'll be at AKL 12/6-12/17... looking forward to seeing you there!

Erin :D

You can book now and if a code comes later, just call back and give the confirmation number and request that the code be applied. No problem. They don't even have to give you a new confirmation number now, they just apply the code to the existing confirmation/reservation. You will already have charged the deposit at the higher per night rate, but that will be subtracted from the new balance due amount.

Thank you Erin & Minnie's Mate!

I am going to book the room tomorrow. (Payday! LOL)

Looks like we will be at AKL together, Erin!
See you there!!! :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter