Akershus Lunch Opinions....

Wow....I was initially a bit concerned regarding the food choices but I'm feeling much better about us going there now. For some reason I had no idea that the appetizer bar was available during lunch, I thought it was only there for dinner -- I'm excited to try all of the food. Thanks again to everyone for sharing their opinions of the food -- both good and bad :) it was a great help!

I hope you enjoy it! We're hoping we will too!!!

It's one of our favorites, and I've got some pretty strict food constrictions. I always order the chicken and veggies off the kiddie menu only adult sized. The dessert was awesome, and we got a second plate when we asked. The cold bar has a lot of nice "safe" choices including meat, cheese, and fruit. We also like the rolls there.

The wait staff has always been accomodating and helpful. We'll be back again this trip (I think it's our 6th time) only we're doing dinner instead of lunch.

one word......YUCK!! :scared:Of course, we are not very adventurous when it comes to food!! We did lunch there one time because breakfast times were all gone.

Love the breakfast though!!

Yes it is fair if that is your opinion and the op asked for opinions. If you like the food I am happy for you that you have found what you enjoy. My family hated the food also. I only recommend it to folks who want a princess meal but can't get the Castle. (I do feel the necessity to share my opinion about the food when I tell them about it.)

Yes it is fair if that is your opinion and the op asked for opinions. If you like the food I am happy for you that you have found what you enjoy. My family hated the food also. I only recommend it to folks who want a princess meal but can't get the Castle. (I do feel the necessity to share my opinion about the food when I tell them about it.)

What did you have? What was yucky about it?

We really enjoyed lunch. I loved the cold buffet and desserts. I had the Traditional Kjottkaker and it was ok. DH had the venison and really enjoyed it. The kids had ravioli & pizza and they ate well. I was pleasantly surpised by how much I enjoyed the lunch. I could have just eaten from the cold buffet and would have been happy. I celebrated my birthday there, and they gave me a signed card & cupcake. Overall, I would do it again for lunch, however, we are trying breakfast since it fits better with our touring plan (before park opening).

I had the meatball thing. Dh and both DS had something different, though I don't recall what at this point, we did try each others, and all of us thought it all was yucky. As for the cold bar, it was OK. I understand that different cultures eat different flavors and textures. I am italian-american and my idea of italian food is very different from most americans. I do not get offended when someone thinks that authentic italian food is yucky. I also don't get offended when folks from other places think american food is bland. The reason I caution folks about the food is because many folks are not thinking that it is a different culture when you say "Princess". I am not saying all people should find it yucky at all, just to realize that it is very different. Bottom line to me is, OP asked for opinions. Had op asked for what they should try/avoid they woud have gotten more explanation.

I had the meatball thing. Dh and both DS had something different, though I don't recall what at this point, we did try each others, and all of us thought it all was yucky. As for the cold bar, it was OK. I understand that different cultures eat different flavors and textures. I am italian-american and my idea of italian food is very different from most americans. I do not get offended when someone thinks that authentic italian food is yucky. I also don't get offended when folks from other places think american food is bland. The reason I caution folks about the food is because many folks are not thinking that it is a different culture when you say "Princess". I am not saying all people should find it yucky at all, just to realize that it is very different. Bottom line to me is, OP asked for opinions. Had op asked for what they should try/avoid they woud have gotten more explanation.

OP asked for opinions on their lunch menu. I took that to mean opinions on dishes. :confused3 I could be wrong. Happens all the time. Just ask my daughter. :sad2: :rotfl:

I just remember looking for opinions on 1900 Park Fare and people would say it was gross or the food wasn't good or whatever, and I couldn't figure out what it was about the place that people weren't into. We kept the ADR and were pleasantly surprised. Actually, I prefer the food at 1900 to the food at Akershus. Strongly. But I bet my husband would disagree!

This meal is ALL princesses ALL the time right???? I would love to try it but my 12 and 14 yr old sons would die- actually, I can hardly get them to accompany me to the bakery in Norway anymore nor walk by the Castle...LOL

Is there a time when perhaps the "princess quotient" is not that high??? Maybe, the latest dinner??

The boys would have problems with the characters but I think it's all the Bibbity Bobbity girls that scare them the most...

we ate there for lunch in nov and was hestitant after so many bad reviews.
It actually was one of our favorites. We kept plain entrees, like the chicken sandwich and I had the chicken over risotto. But it was great. The whole party liked it. I dont like seafood or fish but there was enough cheese, fruit etc at the cold bar to keep my happy and some pasta salads. I guess it also depends on what your order. I can say that we all liked our chicken and we were all pleasantly surprised.
Other places I liked alot: teppan edo, flying fish. tutto italia
places i would not go back to is chefs mickey.
not crazy about 1900 park fare food but it was the end of the night, it was just okay. just giving you that info so it tells what types of food we like.

This meal is ALL princesses ALL the time right???? I would love to try it but my 12 and 14 yr old sons would die- actually, I can hardly get them to accompany me to the bakery in Norway anymore nor walk by the Castle...LOL

Is there a time when perhaps the "princess quotient" is not that high??? Maybe, the latest dinner??

The boys would have problems with the characters but I think it's all the Bibbity Bobbity girls that scare them the most...

No, this meal is all princesses all for all meals. Our family went this February.. That includes our 14 year old son. Mostly the princesses pretty much ignored him. Snow White was really the only one who interacted with my son at all. The others said, "Hello" to the whole table but mostly just stayed long enough to take a picture and head to the next table. My daughter took a liking to Snow White so she stayed a little longer and talked with everyone. She also noticed that my son was wearing a Grumpy sweatshirt so it opened up a conversation for the two of them. :)

We are going for lunch there in August and I am looking forward to it :)

For those of you who have gone, how long did the meal take, from the time you sat down to the time you walked out? Thanks!

we ate there for lunch in nov and was hestitant after so many bad reviews.
It actually was one of our favorites. We kept plain entrees, like the chicken sandwich and I had the chicken over risotto. But it was great. The whole party liked it. I dont like seafood or fish but there was enough cheese, fruit etc at the cold bar to keep my happy and some pasta salads. I guess it also depends on what your order. I can say that we all liked our chicken and we were all pleasantly surprised.
Other places I liked alot: teppan edo, flying fish. tutto italia
places i would not go back to is chefs mickey.
not crazy about 1900 park fare food but it was the end of the night, it was just okay. just giving you that info so it tells what types of food we like.

Good to know - especially about Chef Mickey's. I keep wanting to book that one, but the reviews make my hesitant. My daughter wants to do CRT again for breakfast, but we've done this before and the prices make me go :scared1:. I kept thinking Chef Mickey's would be a more fun alternative, since we've never been. I don't know. Maybe we'll try Akershus for breakfast ....

Yep - all princesses all the time. Never heard it said better. :thumbsup2

We are going for lunch there in August and I am looking forward to it :)

For those of you who have gone, how long did the meal take, from the time you sat down to the time you walked out? Thanks!

It took us about 90 min to eat and relax, too. We don't rush but we were also doing dinner at the end of a long day.

I agree about the cold bar being enough in itself! We went for dinner, not lunch, but since it's there for both.... The salads, meats and cheeses were really good ( I steered away from anything with fish in it though....kinda scared me) but the shrimp were amazing! They were just peel and eat, but had a spice on it-not hot, just flavorful. I almost was too full for the meal! And the desserts?? I'd go back just for them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter