• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AK/MK walk-ups

diznish

Earning My Ears
Unable to get breakfast reservations at any MK/AK resorts, is it possible they'll have walkups on the day? & would security let us in without a reservation in that case?

How successful are walk ups/ joining the waitlist? Especially at a popular restaurant like Ohana etc.

Unable to get breakfast reservations at any MK/AK resorts, is it possible they'll have walkups on the day? & would security let us in without a reservation in that case?
Yes, it is possible they may have openings for a walkup but I would not expect to drive in the MK area resorts and get in without a dining reservation. I think there was even a period of time that the MK area resorts, may still be going on, where only resort guests can mobile order. The popup message was in the MDE app and may still be, it's been a few months since I was at the resorts. Of course, you're guaranteed to get in if you aren't driving to the resorts at MK and it's a toss up at AK. You might and you might not. I'd keep searching for an ADR or try another location.

Yes, it is possible they may have openings for a walkup but I would not expect to drive in the MK area resorts and get in without a dining reservation. I think there was even a period of time that the MK area resorts, may still be going on, where only resort guests can mobile order. The popup message was in the MDE app and may still be, it's been a few months since I was at the resorts. Of course, you're guaranteed to get in if you aren't driving to the resorts at MK and it's a toss up at AK. You might and you might not. I'd keep searching for an ADR or try another location.

Yeah, been trying to get Chef Mickeys and nothing :( only reason I ask to get into the resort is because when I click walkup it says I'm too faraway from the location to even see if it's available. & don't really want to park in TTC if I'm not going into the park and have to pay. & can't do mobile ordering with a non-USA credit card & would prefer to pay in cash. So many :(

Yeah, been trying to get Chef Mickeys and nothing :( only reason I ask to get into the resort is because when I click walkup it says I'm too faraway from the location to even see if it's available. & don't really want to park in TTC if I'm not going into the park and have to pay. & can't do mobile ordering with a non-USA credit card & would prefer to pay in cash. So many :(
I get it. Yeah the whole walk up wait list is a gamble. Have you tried mouse dining or touring plans? They have reservation finders that are free. They've worked for me in the past some but you have to be ready to book super duper fast as soon as you get the text, don't bother with the email notification because by the time you see it, the ADR will be gone.

Not sure if you will be staying on disney property but you could take the bus to MK and just walk over to CR too. Keep trying, sometimes ADRs do open up. If I'm on the hunt, I'll check 2/3x in the morning, at lunch, evening, etc. and have had some luck that way.

Lastly, if you do want to do mobile order, get a Disney GC or any Visa GC and you can use that for dining orders.

Maybe try a different credit card? Im able to do mobile order with a Canadian credit card linked. Or as others have said, you can use a GC. (Not sure the number saves, so the advice I’ve seen is to have it saved in a note and just copy and paste the GC number when you order.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter