airmiles junkies unite!

Great thread and thanks for everyone's suggestion.

I made my Safeway trip yesterday and earned 561 miles for $115. Cheers!

Great thread and thanks for everyone's suggestion.

I made my Safeway trip yesterday and earned 561 miles for $115. Cheers!

how did you do it? what did you buy?

i went the other day and for $102 i got 175 airmiles. i got 100 for the spend over $100 get 100 and i got 75 for kelloggs items. i have 4 kids so pop tarts and special k bars are great little throws ins for lunchbags!

how did you do it? what did you buy?

i went the other day and for $102 i got 175 airmiles. i got 100 for the spend over $100 get 100 and i got 75 for kelloggs items. i have 4 kids so pop tarts and special k bars are great little throws ins for lunchbags!

I bought Royale bath tissues (60 AM), Freybe ham (75 AM), Coke (320 AM) plus the 100 AM bonus.

Cheers.

Is there a Safeway in Ontario? I'm trying to locate one via their store locator, which is not very friendly... Just keeps telling me there is not one in cities I try, but refuses to show me the closest location.

I was at Safeway Pharmacy refilling a prescription today. There is a new program called medreminder that you can sign up for. You get 100am for signing up. For regular medications, it refills it automatically and sends an email that it's ready for pickup.

Checking in as another Winnipeg collector. You will know me by the Nemo on my antenna :thumbsup2

I don't do my grocery shopping at Safeway because I find the prices are crazy expensive. A pack of plain old weiners was $4.99 today :eek:

I am lucky/unlucky to have MS which means my monthly prescription cost is around $1700. Yep, I get 595 AM a month just for filling my prescription. I have redeemed for tons of stuff. A TV, a new vacuum, a few duvets, tons of movies and at least 8 flights. Whenever I redeem for something I always say it's about time this disease did something good for me :rotfl2:

kimblebee,

I have MS too but no meds yet :)
I have a Mickey head antennae and a soccer ball on the back window.

Glad MS bought you a vacuum...lol

:thumbsup2

Is there a Safeway in Ontario? I'm trying to locate one via their store locator, which is not very friendly... Just keeps telling me there is not one in cities I try, but refuses to show me the closest location.

I don't believe there are any Safeway's here in Ontario....bummer, cause we could be racking up AM's big time! :sad:
Metro (aka A&P) is a joke here for points.....if it weren't for my BMO account and MC I wouldn't get any AM's! :mad:

We should start a petition to collect air miles at more grocery stores in ontario, specifically southwestern ontario. I will be 90 by the time I collect enough air miles for a flight. :sad1:

just got back from safeway and earned some pretty good airmiles. not sure if they are applicable at all safeways but when you buy some paper products, which are all on sale, you get an 80 airmiles bonus. pretty good deal. i think it was tp for 7.99 paper towel for 6.99 andabox of kleenex for 1.49. for 80 airmiles!

also stocked up on magic erasers. yes costco is cheaper but i got a ton of airmiles and they were on sale too...

coppertone sunscreen on sale for 9.99 and 10 airmiles bonus
kelloggs got me again this time too...150 airmiles for 10 items and they were an easy buy.nutrigrain bars and cereal!!!!

total score was 431 airmiles for 239.60 spent.:woohoo:

Earn 20 Airmiles by pledging to reduce power.

GO TO:

http://www.powerpledge.ca

We got an email from AM to sign up so we did....easiest 20 AM we ever earned! :thumbsup2

We should start a petition to collect air miles at more grocery stores in ontario, specifically southwestern ontario. I will be 90 by the time I collect enough air miles for a flight. :sad1:

I'm all for that! Tell Safeway to open up some stores in Ontario already! :upsidedow

total score was 431 airmiles for 239.60 spent.:woohoo:

I'm happy for you but sad for me. :sad:

just got back from safeway and earned some pretty good airmiles. not sure if they are applicable at all safeways but when you buy some paper products, which are all on sale, you get an 80 airmiles bonus. pretty good deal. i think it was tp for 7.99 paper towel for 6.99 andabox of kleenex for 1.49. for 80 airmiles!

Thanks! It's applicable at our Safeway here too. Bought paper products, cereal bars .. etc. Scored some good miles towards our next trip.

Just curious - how do you all plan on using your airmiles? Towards plane tickets or products? I'm saving for plane tickets for the whole family. May redeem park tickets if we have some extra miles left.

Cheers

I'm on a mission to get 200 miles until the end of October to be able to get my son's ticket to Universal through Airmiles.

A few tips:

* http://www.powerpledgeontario.org is giving away 20 free miles if you join their pledge. You also get to donate 10 airmiles on their behalf to a charity of your choice.

* Next weekend, if you spend 30.00 at PharmaPlus, you get 30 extra airmiles. I don't see a limit of one transaction per card, so I will try to stock up. Just buying the razors for my shaver will be almost 30.00 :)

If anyone has additional tips, let me know, please.

If you have a new Safeway store in your city... or a Walmart Super Centre going in close to any newer safeway... check their flyer. The Safeway near my home that recently opened has had 12 months of bonus airmiles... spend $100 get 150 airmiles, and spend $200 get 300 bonus airmiles... I go every week... today I got 510 airmiles on $210 worth of groceries. I have recieved as many as 900 in one trip ($225 spent)

Takes some planning... but it's worth the drive if the store is further than your local store. They do this to get people in, and to compete against the Walmart Supercentre pricing.

I'm on a mission to get 200 miles until the end of October to be able to get my son's ticket to Universal through Airmiles.

A few tips:

* http://www.powerpledgeontario.org is giving away 20 free miles if you join their pledge. You also get to donate 10 airmiles on their behalf to a charity of your choice.

* Next weekend, if you spend 30.00 at PharmaPlus, you get 30 extra airmiles. I don't see a limit of one transaction per card, so I will try to stock up. Just buying the razors for my shaver will be almost 30.00 :)

If anyone has additional tips, let me know, please.

I did the powerplegde a couple of months ago and have yet to see the miles in my account. I think it is one of the slow ones that takes the full 120 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter