Airmiles Armchair Chatter

ugh, I'm sure I'm the only person who missed this offer! But just in case others also just didn't bother looking at any offers connected to BMO/ card linked offers I'll drop this here. You can earn DOUBLE the bonus miles until the end of May (it started the end of April 😖)I don't use any of the offers other than dollarama but I've shopped at a lot of places that I can pick up gift cards for - urgh annoyed with myself
Screenshot_20240524_134118_Chrome.jpg

ugh, I'm sure I'm the only person who missed this offer! But just in case others also just didn't bother looking at any offers connected to BMO/ card linked offers I'll drop this here. You can earn DOUBLE the bonus miles until the end of May (it started the end of April 😖)I don't use any of the offers other than dollarama but I've shopped at a lot of places that I can pick up gift cards for - urgh annoyed with myself
View attachment 862638
Thanks for the reminder. I was going to grab a (couple of) Amazon gift cards to spend, but will pay with the credit card.

I placed a Walmart order at 8:45 via airmilesshops and just saw they sent an “opt in” link at 9:00 for the 20x miles. 🤦‍♀️ I hope I get my miles as Walmart doesnt let you cancel a non grocery order after 30 mins.

But the terms do say it counts from 00:01 to 11:59 on May 25…

Looks like Rewarding Your Opinions surveys count for the 20x today so another option for some miles without spending $.
Do the qualifier (1AM) count or only the completed survery (say 8AM)?

Want to update my spreadsheet for what to expect.

Does anyone have any info to share about international cell service? I'm trying to help DD figure out (ok, who am I kidding.. I'm doing the figuring) how she can have phone and data service while she's on the ship. I've looked at Bell, Rogers and Telus and all I can find is a roaming add on that is $15-17/day on top of the monthly fee. So that is not going to work. If she knew how often she would be needing to turn on the roaming it might be ok but there is no way to know. I have looked at Google Fi which we found out about through Youtube videos. Cost wise it's going to run around $110CAD/month. It seems good but for her phone it will be an esim and you have to set it up while in the US. This freaks her out...she says she not tech savvy enough to do it. I think the problem with that is she will only be on land in the US for less than 24hrs before she embarks. She's afraid she will mess it up and have nothing.

Oh...she doesn't need service on sea days just when she's in port. So that she can get off the ship not have to rely on other people.

Could we get her a plan with a US carrier that would not be a contract?

Does anyone have any info to share about international cell service? I'm trying to help DD figure out (ok, who am I kidding.. I'm doing the figuring) how she can have phone and data service while she's on the ship. I've looked at Bell, Rogers and Telus and all I can find is a roaming add on that is $15-17/day on top of the monthly fee. So that is not going to work. If she knew how often she would be needing to turn on the roaming it might be ok but there is no way to know. I have looked at Google Fi which we found out about through Youtube videos. Cost wise it's going to run around $110CAD/month. It seems good but for her phone it will be an esim and you have to set it up while in the US. This freaks her out...she says she not tech savvy enough to do it. I think the problem with that is she will only be on land in the US for less than 24hrs before she embarks. She's afraid she will mess it up and have nothing.

Oh...she doesn't need service on sea days just when she's in port. So that she can get off the ship not have to rely on other people.

Could we get her a plan with a US carrier that would not be a contract?

Okay so we just went through this! DH and I are going to Europe for 2 weeks and at $16/phone/day was insane. One of our employees mentioned Freedom Mobile and we just switched our phones over last Sunday. $34/month for 50gb, USA and Canada, plus we can add on 5gb that can be used in 81 countries, $30, good for 30 days.

Okay so we just went through this! DH and I are going to Europe for 2 weeks and at $16/phone/day was insane. One of our employees mentioned Freedom Mobile and we just switched our phones over last Sunday. $34/month for 50gb, USA and Canada, plus we can add on 5gb that can be used in 81 countries, $30, good for 30 days.
I'm totally interested and will have a look at the site. That's one of the minor companies that has limited coverage and also gets a lot of hate from customers. So a little concerning.

We usually get an e-sim through here https://www.airalo.com/
Yes, I'm familiar with them and looked it over a while ago. Unfortunately they are a no. The problem there is that the countries she will need coverage from are under regional and global. You can't have both.

I'm totally interested and will have a look at the site. That's one of the minor companies that has limited coverage and also gets a lot of hate from customers. So a little concerning.

So far I have been really happy with the customer service and have had zero issues with coverage here at home. Additionally, Freedom has signed deals with Rogers (and I believe the other big players) to be able to piggyback on their network after a CRTC ruling. Basically if you go outside of Freedom’s coverage area, your phone connects to another provider via domestic roaming for no extra charge.

Do the qualifier (1AM) count or only the completed survery (say 8AM)?

Want to update my spreadsheet for what to expect.

There was nothing in the terms but the email said “for each survey you complete on May 25”.
Based off of other promos that included the surveys it will be for the amount you see posted to your account - here's my total for today (I will try another run later) so I will get 160 miles just from these I was screened out of a ton of them but managed to get one full done (for a massive 2 mile return)1716680856124.png

Based off of other promos that included the surveys it will be for the amount you see posted to your account - here's my total for today (I will try another run later) so I will get 160 miles just from these I was screened out of a ton of them but managed to get one full done (for a massive 2 mile return)View attachment 863029
I can't do a lot so I did a few of these today as well. 14 AMs in total so 280 in bonus? I'm happy with that. Can't really go anywhere to collect so being able to get these is a big boost for me.

I managed to make 2 online shops today. Northern Reflections to buy myself some new pants and Michaels for some outdoor floral stuff. I split my Michaels orders into 2 and put 1 on each of the 2 cards because all of the items weren't at 1 store.
I know that my Northern Reflections order will be adjusted so I don't know how many miles I will eventually earn as I will be returning at least 1 of the items because I ordered 2 of the same item because I don't know my size anymore.
When I logged onto my Mom's account I see that my sister went out and got gas at Shell so she will earn bonus miles for that.
We bought our gas at Esso today because we desperately needed a car wash so cashed in PC points for a free gas wash.

Based off of other promos that included the surveys it will be for the amount you see posted to your account - here's my total for today (I will try another run later) so I will get 160 miles just from these I was screened out of a ton of them but managed to get one full done (for a massive 2 mile return)View attachment 863029
Thanks for sharing this! I managed to get 16 AM before 11 pm.
:disrocks:

I managed to get 23 base miles in with the 20x special but it basically took me all day. I could have got 25 but I goofed at Metro.

I got them from Shell, Metro, and the rest from Airmilesshops: Clearly for new contacts, Sporting Life for rainjackets on sale, Ebay for Father's Day gift, Well.ca for laundry trips for traveling, Famous Footwear for all-plastic Birkenstocks for the park in May. My wet shoes used to be these little croc ballet flats but I can't do that lack of arch support anymore.

So all in all, things that I "needed" to some degree or another... I switched my earning to cash miles so I can get Starbucks giftcards for our trip in August.

Two learnings from this one:
- they sell giftcards for ebay so could have bought and used one
- don't shop tired at Metro, especially without a written list

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter