• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Oh I'd love to be able to eat that for dinner but my digestive system just won't allow it anymore.
Yeah, me either! That was just me "hiding from the world in my blanket fort" We were supposed to be having the girls over today for all things Eastery but our daughter came down with some kind of tummy bug and they stayed home. Hubby spent the day working (what's new?!?) so i figured i would treat the day as a found gem and watched the rest of the season of How to Get Away with Murder, started it on Friday and just kept hitting, Watch Next Episode. Perfect escape and the chips and dip were a real treat that i rarely let myself have. Dinner ended up being Mac & Cheese with ham tossed in, the cheesecake that I'd picked up in Toronto on Thursday and the last 2 cans of San Pelligrino from the last AM special at Metro!

Hope everyone had a great weekend, however you ended up spending it, and that you are ready to face the week refreshed.

I picked up a couple of these for my youngest son and daughter in law.
250 reward miles
A Black Glass Dinner in the Cellar at Trius Winery - Friday, May 31, 2019 (exclusive to Onyx® Collectors)
Imagine a private dinner for AIR MILES Onyx!

It's just another benefit of being one of our best Collectors!

Amplify your senses at this interactive dining experience!

Start off the evening with your dining companions (and soon-to-be adversaries) in our winery boutique with a guided tasting led by one of our resident wine experts. Let us take you through the paces of our wine portfolio that will prepare you for the competition with some tasting tips and tricks. Next, settle in for a 3 course seasonally inspired menu from Chef Frank Dodd, complete with secret wine pairings disguised in opaque black stemware. With the assistance of the Trius team, use your newly acquired skills to guess the wine paired with each course. Red or White? Chardonnay or Riesling? Merlot or Cabernet Franc? Put your nose and palate to the test!

It's a can't-miss AIR MILES Exclusive Experience just for OYNX collectors.

Maximum of 2 tickets per ONYX ® collector.
Address: 1249 Niagara Stone Rd, Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0

Hugs
Mel

Just curious where you find these types of offers? I have been ONYX for a while but have never seen anything like this...I know in the past others have got Cirque tickets for low AM?

Just curious where you find these types of offers? I have been ONYX for a while but have never seen anything like this...I know in the past others have got Cirque tickets for low AM?

Hi
Go to Rewards
Go to Events and attractions
Go to Airmiles
27_EventsExclusive.png

Events Exclusive
It is actually still listed there.
Hope that helps
Hugs
Mel

PS
Raffi Sept tickets were listed a few days ago

Did a 50$ shop
Picked up spend $25 get 25 load N Go
email spend $50 get 50
Load and Go targeted offer Allergy eye drop,,10 bonus airmiles.
total 87 airmiles.
Oldest son started a new job today so I picked up some snacks for his lunch and a new water bottle.Yes this mom is so happy!!!!!!!
FE8y.gif

Forgot to send granddaughter an Easter card so.... I just airmiled her a Starbucks voucher...phew,,thanks airmiles.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Congrats to your son on his new job. I am debating whether or not to do the $50 get 50. I have a spend $25 get 50 which I will definitely do but the stretch to $50 might be a bit much this week.

I was thinking the same thing :) I don't even think I should spend the $25 this week lol, but I'm sure I could find something to buy. Gonna need more sunscreen soon, and probably allergy meds. Actually that could get me to $50 rather quickly lol.

Hi
Go to Rewards
Go to Events and attractions
Go to Airmiles
27_EventsExclusive.png

Events Exclusive
It is actually still listed there.
Hope that helps
Hugs
Mel

PS
Raffi Sept tickets were listed a few days ago

Thanks Mel...just checked and read the description...sounds amazing however my Mom has very limited vision so dining in the cellar would not be a fun experience due to the darkness...I will pass this time but will keep in mind how to search for these special events...Normally we use our AM for WDW or DL tickets...

Read through the flyers. Boy that's depressing. I guess AM is going through their "Lets get rid of the casual collector" after Mega Miles. We might have to wait it out a few weeks to see good deals again. I'm not going anywhere (well yes I am but that's a different story).

I will hold out for the good deals. You can't get rid of me Airmiles. I'm an engaged collector. I'm not going anywhere.

All my bonus 50 AM for Metro posted. I can put that to bed now.
Anyone get any of the AM's from the Mastercard email offer of spend so much at Sobeys get so many AM's. That's a big one for me and I'm waiting not so patiently.

Awesome.

I just checked my account, received 50 airmiles from head office for the Metro flyer cash in 95 airmiles promo (wasn't confident we would see them) on top of the 75 airmiles earlier (Megamiles pizza 25 plus Megamiles 50am when you cash in 95am). 125 airmiles for using 95 airmiles.

Edit: Actually I am missing one from head office. I'll give it a week or it will go on my list of airmiles to chase in 120 days.

Last edited:
Colour me extremely shocked! Our Metro is notorious for submitting their receipts to AM in clumps that means my receipts can sit on my desk for up to a month (during renovations they all came at 119 days with 100 "apology" miles) but today?? OMG they are all there .. on BOTH accounts! That bumps the secondary card up to enough miles to book a club level room at the Sheraton Gateway for the night before we go to Mexico :cool1:

My 10 AM for buying lottery tickets at the cash at Metro posted today. They never showed up on the receipt but they are in my account. They are dated today, which is a little weird. So they are split cash/dream as I changed on the weekend. In a panic over having enough money for Disney in the summer lol, I switched to 50/50 so I can get some cash miles to help out. Now new discounts dropped so I'm considering changing my package from Beach Club back to CBR or POP in hopes the new gondola will be open by then (one can dream right?) It would cost me more than the last set of discounts, especially since the tickets aren't Canadian deal any more, and I'd lose the Beach Club pool, but we are planning to do the water parks any way. Someday I'll make up my mind on a trip and stick to it :) But likely not today!! I think changing to CBR would save me about $2000 CAD though, even losing the better discount and cheap tickets. POP would be another $500 or so. What to do. Likely save the money. And switch back to dream only to save for a March hotel.

Oh, is anyone else having problems with the Sobeys app offers? I used to get them good for two weeks but it looks like they are only good for one week now, not sure if it's just me or if that's a change.

My 10 AM for buying lottery tickets at the cash at Metro posted today. They never showed up on the receipt but they are in my account. They are dated today, which is a little weird. So they are split cash/dream as I changed on the weekend. In a panic over having enough money for Disney in the summer lol, I switched to 50/50 so I can get some cash miles to help out. Now new discounts dropped so I'm considering changing my package from Beach Club back to CBR or POP in hopes the new gondola will be open by then (one can dream right?) It would cost me more than the last set of discounts, especially since the tickets aren't Canadian deal any more, and I'd lose the Beach Club pool, but we are planning to do the water parks any way. Someday I'll make up my mind on a trip and stick to it :) But likely not today!! I think changing to CBR would save me about $2000 CAD though, even losing the better discount and cheap tickets. POP would be another $500 or so. What to do. Likely save the money. And switch back to dream only to save for a March hotel.

Oh, is anyone else having problems with the Sobeys app offers? I used to get them good for two weeks but it looks like they are only good for one week now, not sure if it's just me or if that's a change.
If it was me? Money comes first there is no way i would pass up a savings of $2000!! We stayed at CBR and i would say it's one of our favourite locations, i didn't think it was overly large to navigate since there's a bridge across the "island" to the main area. We found it more relaxed than some of the others on site. We never had trouble with transportation to the parks from there and that was during a time that everyone was complaining .. can you walk to any of the parks? NO but that's not a deal breaker in my mind. The pool? They do have a great themed one there as well but you mentioned water parks so i wouldn't let that sway your decision!

Regarding the Sobey's offers, I noticed that until Thursday morning I'm only seeing the one week's worth and then poof more show up.

Mine are one week as well. Last week I had the Crest offers, said they were good two weeks and they expired all my offers including the Crest a week early.

If it was me? Money comes first there is no way i would pass up a savings of $2000!! We stayed at CBR and i would say it's one of our favourite locations, i didn't think it was overly large to navigate since there's a bridge across the "island" to the main area. We found it more relaxed than some of the others on site. We never had trouble with transportation to the parks from there and that was during a time that everyone was complaining .. can you walk to any of the parks? NO but that's not a deal breaker in my mind. The pool? They do have a great themed one there as well but you mentioned water parks so i wouldn't let that sway your decision!

Regarding the Sobey's offers, I noticed that until Thursday morning I'm only seeing the one week's worth and then poof more show up.

Thanks for the feedback on CBR. I'm reluctant to stay at POP for a week (no water slide, the murphy bed is fun for a few nights but a whole week might be a bit much). I will talk it over with kiddo and then call tomorrow to change it. Even losing the CAD discount tickets isn't that bad. Also means I wouldn't have to verify them with my passport so that might be ok too.

And I will check Sobeys tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter