Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Which hotel are you staying at? Disney Springs hotels are something I know nothing about!
The dd and I stayed at the Best Western in Disney Springs, and I had used my AM for hotels for our whole stay. And to be honest, we were only looking for a clean hotel, as the only thing we were going to use the hotel for was to sleep, slower, a quick breakfast in the morning. We did use the pool a couple of times, and it was great. The Disney Spring bus system comes by every 30 minutes, with two different buses going to 2 different parks and to Disney Springs it's self as well. It was walking distance to Disney Springs - I would say a 10 minute walk to get there. I know people talk about being in the " Disney bubble " but honestly, we really enjoyed staying in Disney Springs - and I would not hesitate to stay there again. We had zero problems with the AM and having extra fees. Our room was ready, it was bigger than other hotels I had stayed at. The dd had lots of room to leave all her " stuff" lay around the room :sad2: I did know about a 15.00 fee/day for us. And it was stated on all the info before I booked the rooms. We found it super easy to get around, and were never " waiting " for a bus unlike many people staying in Disney resorts at the end of day at park closing.

Our last travel voucher, that we managed to squeeze in thanks to the 3 weeks of double coupon offers at Rexall, has gone missing :headache: Yesterday marked the 3 business days for it to be delivered so i tried an on-line chat that was ZERO help! I had someone who is either ESL or just has terrible spelling & grammar and is obviously a new employee that needed to be lead thru the process by ME!
George: "deliveries can take up to 4 weeks by regular mail"
Me: "no, not for travel vouchers they come within 3 days by courier requiring a signature"
George: "we don't offer travel vouchers you need to use our online services"
Me: "Yes you DID, until Dec 31st and the miles have been deducted from my account. Also the online services aren't operational until Jan 8th"
George: "dead airspace for a solid 5 minutes"
Me:"have you disconnected???"
George: "no, but I'm asking a friend" (UHM since when are they able to "call a friend" :rotfl2:)

Eventually he sent an email to "a different department" who let him know they have zero idea where it is in their system and someone will get back to me in 10 days. SO at this point we are in a holding pattern and IF it shows up we'll have collected $3,300 to put towards a vacation in a year.

Our last travel voucher, that we managed to squeeze in thanks to the 3 weeks of double coupon offers at Rexall, has gone missing :headache: Yesterday marked the 3 business days for it to be delivered so i tried an on-line chat that was ZERO help! I had someone who is either ESL or just has terrible spelling & grammar and is obviously a new employee that needed to be lead thru the process by ME!
George: "deliveries can take up to 4 weeks by regular mail"
Me: "no, not for travel vouchers they come within 3 days by courier requiring a signature"
George: "we don't offer travel vouchers you need to use our online services"
Me: "Yes you DID, until Dec 31st and the miles have been deducted from my account. Also the online services aren't operational until Jan 8th"
George: "dead airspace for a solid 5 minutes"
Me:"have you disconnected???"
George: "no, but I'm asking a friend" (UHM since when are they able to "call a friend" :rotfl2:)

Eventually he sent an email to "a different department" who let him know they have zero idea where it is in their system and someone will get back to me in 10 days. SO at this point we are in a holding pattern and IF it shows up we'll have collected $3,300 to put towards a vacation in a year.
So frustrating. Have you considered trying again with another rep ? I’d hate to see you get to the 10 days only to find out nobody even bothered to escalate it.

My posted as well - same as you but there should be another 25 coming because we did all 5. Guess it will be a little bit later.

I was just coming here to ask about this offer. I only received 2 of the 3 shops I did (will have to look at my receipts a little more closely to see if I had disqualifying items).

I thought my husband's card only received 2 of the 3 shops he did. But when I double-checked I noticed 2 posted as Sobey's and the 3rd posted as Foodland.

I did online chat for the Mastercard 3 transactions for 500 BM and gave her 3 partners and the amounts. They asked for the amounts without tax...which I don't even know if I had the receipts still. So I just divided by 1.13 to take off the HST and hope it's right. She said she would be sending an email to their BMO internal staff and process the miles posting. But it could take 4 to 5 days to see it she said.
Do you have the list of partners? I deleted my email but I have my statement and I'd really like to try to recoup these AM if I can...thanks :)

We ordered universal ticks but they never arrived. Will air miles send me a new pair if I call them? Don't want to be on hold forever...

We ordered universal ticks but they never arrived. Will air miles send me a new pair if I call them? Don't want to be on hold forever...

Why not just try an online chat? They might be able to solve the problem for you that way and since they have updated their system you don't tend to wait very long for someone to connect and generally speaking they seem to be better at handling our problems. Caveat if you get someone whose name is George S disconnect he has no idea what he's doing!
Some people have also had decent luck with doing a private chat on Facebook you could try that as well. If you end up wanting or needing to use the phone there is a separate number for Onyx members that's supposed to get answered quicker if that's an option for you, I've honestly never noticed any difference.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

Ive never given a signature. Since I am at work when the mail/couriers come, they just leave them in my mailbox. Not that I like that at all!

Same for us! Even if I am home I have at least 1 full set of stairs between me and the front door, 2 if I'm at my desk, so when/ if they ring the bell I rarely make it before they toss it in the mailbox or squish it between the doors. Hubby had paid extra for a delivery of 3 laptops so they would be tracked and require not only a signature but ID, even at our front door. I came home hours after he got the email confirming delivery and there they sat on the door step in boxes clearly stating what was included :headache: when stuff is coming from airmiles in an envelope I hate it because it says enjoy your reward, not too intriguing for someone else!!!

I thought my husband's card only received 2 of the 3 shops he did. But when I double-checked I noticed 2 posted as Sobey's and the 3rd posted as Foodland.

I shopped all three times at Sobeys but I will double check that. I'm not likely to follow up with this one because I received a BMO Sobeys offer from October which I'm not certain I qualified for so I'm still ahead of the game.

Hi guys!!!! Back from Christmas in Cuba and still getting caught up. It was wonderful and I can officially say that pigs have flown.....I got home to find out that my mom was hosting New Years day dinner for our whole family. That has not happened in about 8-10 years. The ENTIRE family is only 9 people and she doesn't get along well with others. You've all been busy....I've had 6 or 7 pages to read. For some reason it's been REALLY hard to get back into the routine. I guess when you have your feet in the sand one day and snow the next it's a bit of a shock to the system. Anyway, I didn't get to see my final AM numbers for the year as we didn't get home until after the 31st....and I couldn't access the site in Cuba (they block a ton of things). My account finished up around 14,500 and my DD's account around 5,300. Since I actually earned her miles too, all totalled up I earned more this year than last. Last year my account was at 18K. I've got a few items to follow up on but I think I'm missing somewhere around 850 miles....might get at this this weekend.

Last edited:
Same for us! Even if I am home I have at least 1 full set of stairs between me and the front door, 2 if I'm at my desk, so when/ if they ring the bell I rarely make it before they toss it in the mailbox or squish it between the doors. Hubby had paid extra for a delivery of 3 laptops so they would be tracked and require not only a signature but ID, even at our front door. I came home hours after he got the email confirming delivery and there they sat on the door step in boxes clearly stating what was included :headache: when stuff is coming from airmiles in an envelope I hate it because it says enjoy your reward, not too intriguing for someone else!!!

I’ve never had to sign for our Disney tix which came via regular post but I sure was annoyed to come home to a FedEx notice stuck to my front door for these universal tix. Who has time or energy to go pick up after a long day at the office? Even the iPad Pro I ordered from Best Buy on Black Friday was left on my front porch not requiring a signature!!

Our last travel voucher, that we managed to squeeze in thanks to the 3 weeks of double coupon offers at Rexall, has gone missing :headache:
I remember seeing something on a FB AM for disney page that people were saying they " ran out of travel vouchers " Now...I don't remember who or how the actually came across that information...but I would seriously be hounding them to get your voucher!!!!! I can't see them " running out " but that they need to get more printed to the last wave for people redeeming their miles. I'll go back later today in the thread and see if I can find anymore information about that for you. Gotta love it when work is slow :rolleyes1 and you do stuff like this!!!

Miles disappeared? Have any of you had this experience. For the STB promo I used the Thrifty’s foods spend $65 coupon and the following week the base miles posted. I had not received the bonus miles yet. Now I look today and the Thrifty’s base miles are no longer in my account. I saved my receipt to follow up later but odd that they disappeared!

It has happened in the past with other sponsors. Keep an eye on it. Some of us (at times) have taken a screen shot/print to file of our account on a monthly basis just in case this kind of thing happens and we can prove they were once there etc. I stay on top of my account and make lots of notes on my spreadsheet.

I was on AM site this morning and decided, what the heck, I would do an online chat about my missing 50AM from the Sobeys shop before Christmas email. It took about 15 min of chit chatting but they gave me the AM in the end.

I then promptly dropped 12000AM on a trip for my youngest DS and I to go to Universal after he finishes college in April. (He'll still have 1 course to do to graduate, they changed the course on him mid way through, but close enough) DH nose is a bit out of joint that he's not included but I knew he didn't want to go anyway (someone has to stay home with the dog, she's 12). He just wanted to be asked. This son is such a quiet undemanding type, it's nice to be able to do something for him that's special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter