Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I'd check the app tomorrow when they load next week's offers, that might help. Also, if you have a personal threshold offer this week, that should combine with your 150 coupon as it's still good tomorrow. And, if your store is generous, you may be able to get them to take the 50 airmiles wus $50 weekly emailed coupon. So you could be looking at 200am plus personal offer tomorrow. My decision would be made lol.

Oh right, I forgot about the 50AM, and I have a 40AM for $50 spend in my load and go...so 240 tomorrow potentially. I guess I'm going tomorrow. Thanks!!

WOW, the Duck takes time to have an actual lunch for a change instead of nibbling on junk food and things go wild in here!

I can't say much else that hasn't already been said over this whole "fairness" issue with Airmiles, their promos and the way they treat their customers -- pitiful way to run a business. I remember my grandfather saying the only thing that came with a guarantee of including the word Fair was 4H (as in the Fall fairs that you would go show off your prize calf you'd spent all year raising before they led it off to slaughter -- i was a morbid little girl :rolleyes1)

I would LOVE to take advantage of the Rexall offer to make up for yesterday's epic failure: missed Blue Friday due to a gastritis attack so made an appointment to see the NP yesterday, my bus never showed up so i jogged down to the office where nothing was accomplished. Went to Rexall to use the email coupon & my loaded offer to get a ton of things we need that's never on sale but Tuesday is senior's day =20% off & discovered they are renovating which means EVERY.SINGLE.THING. I needed was out of stock. FINE, I'll just take the bus home (that again NEVER SHOWED UP) and go to a different one once hubby gets home with the car. Did that happen? NO, of course not, i ran out of energy before i got home!

Happy shopping to those of you that live in the oddly chosen zones!

Rexall clarification
Ontario
If I spend
two separate 50.00 transactions between Oct 26-27
I can get a total of 200 airmiles right?

From the HUB
Bonus Miles

Spend $50 on almost anything in-store*

Valid from Oct 26 - 27, 2018

How to use this offer:
No coupon required
*Offer valid October 26 to October 27, 2018. Valid at participating Rexall and Rexall/PharmaPlus locations in Manitoba, Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories. Minimum qualified purchase must be spent in a single transaction, excluding prescriptions, products containing codeine, postal services and stamps, Gift Cards, Gift Card Express, Rexall Pharma Plus Gift Cards, lottery, transit tickets, phone cards, event tickets and taxes. Limit one offer per transaction. AIR MILES Card must be presented at the time of the purchase. ®TM Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Rexall Pharmacy Group Ltd.

I don't disagree with you. I don't know why this offer would be restricted the way it is, because it isn't even by region? It's a really bizarre one! There's so much about the program that's uneven, and I'm sure we've all been frustrated at one point or another.

Last year, mega miles was so stinkin easy in Ontario that some of the great people here were completing offers on behalf of those of us out west who had much less availability. I also don't know that air miles has done a single event in my city. Onyx exclusive bonuses that are offered for 1 mile are *never* in my city, and although I think it's great so many people here got to enjoy a day at Canada's Wonderland, for instance, I'm not holding my breath thinking that a similar offer will be made in my city. But maybe like you I should take some time to share my feelings with the company!

My thinking is these are all cities used as test markets, somewhat isolated, somewhat around the same size. For all I know it's a thank you to those retailers for doing extra work for the corporation, to bring them in a little more business. Perhaps they are testing the coupon for Black Friday so the more that use it the better for the rest of us.

I'm sure you are just using Megamiles as an example, but I look at Megamiles differently, it was easy in Ontario because we had more sponsors available to step up....Sobeys and Foodland and Metro and Rexall ... not as many options that year in other provinces. IMHO, that is different, not one company offering only to some.

I apologize for adding to your post, should have started one separately, I didn't mean to target you, only the coupon lol. I'm not even sure of your location, just think of us all as Canadians :)

I'm shopping at Rexall tomorrow for my DS. He's 120AM away from making ONYX. I've got his account set to 100% Cash. This shop tomorrow will top up his account for Shop the Block needs. Then I can work on getting some cash in my account.

I'm shopping at Rexall tomorrow for my DS. He's 120AM away from making ONYX. I've got his account set to 100% Cash. This shop tomorrow will top up his account for Shop the Block needs. Then I can work on getting some cash in my account.

I'm doing the same this weekend for DS and DD, between the two of them they need less than 1000 by the end of the year. They both are cash, so two Foodland and two Sobeys $10 shops will get them 100 airmiles closer.

My thinking is these are all cities used as test markets, somewhat isolated, somewhat around the same size. For all I know it's a thank you to those retailers for doing extra work for the corporation, to bring them in a little more business. Perhaps they are testing the coupon for Black Friday so the more that use it the better for the rest of us.

I'm sure you are just using Megamiles as an example, but I look at Megamiles differently, it was easy in Ontario because we had more sponsors available to step up....Sobeys and Foodland and Metro and Rexall ... not as many options that year in other provinces. IMHO, that is different, not one company offering only to some.

I apologize for adding to your post, should have started one separately, I didn't mean to target you, only the coupon lol. I'm not even sure of your location, just think of us all as Canadians :)

oh I’m not at all upset :) I understand what you mean, and I don’t blame you for being frustrated by the coupon limitations. I just meant to add that our experience as customers isn't really that different when things are unevenly distributed (miles, sponsors, bonuses, etc) regardless of the reason. Not that air miles is responsible for all of it, only that it can sometimes be frustrating to see the differences.

I was just checking to make sure the Rexall gift cards on ebay were back to full price (they are) and noticed the Children's Place gift cards are now $40 for a $50 card. I just did a significant purchase there for my daughters birthday so I probably don't need anything again soon, but I know there are people here who would be interested!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Buy-50-The-...h=item363d221a4e:g:TrIAAOSwf2pbevpv:rk:1:pf:0

Question for our west-coast hunters -- when do the blossoms typically start blooming? Hubby & I desperately need to get away somewhere between now & when we have enough miles to head to a Sandals resort and he still talks about how gorgeous it was out there when he was involved in a Y2K project. He was looking to see if there are any conferences he can attend (then he can claim his airfare :rolleyes1) and there's one at the end of March.

Question for our west-coast hunters -- when do the blossoms typically start blooming? Hubby & I desperately need to get away somewhere between now & when we have enough miles to head to a Sandals resort and he still talks about how gorgeous it was out there when he was involved in a Y2K project. He was looking to see if there are any conferences he can attend (then he can claim his airfare :rolleyes1) and there's one at the end of March.
Reporting from Victoria BC. We do our annual "Flower count" at the beginning of March here, but they usually start appearing mid February. My mum was born in Edmonton and each winter my grandparents would come out to Victoria to golf in February. The moved here permanently when my mum was in high school. Did you know that the 'Victoria Gardens in the Canada pavilion in Epcot are from the Buchart Gardens here in Victoria?

Help.. lol I’ve always gotten dream miles and used for stocking stuffers zoo passes, movie passes, Calgary stampede passes etc..

Looks like most of you here use cash rewards?? Am I right? Why?

How does this help your Disney trips bc gift cards can’t be bought ? Correct

Help Convince me lol would I need to use what I already have then change?

Thanks . You guys are the best

Help.. lol I’ve always gotten dream miles and used for stocking stuffers zoo passes, movie passes, Calgary stampede passes etc..

Looks like most of you here use cash rewards?? Am I right? Why?

How does this help your Disney trips bc gift cards can’t be bought ? Correct

Help Convince me lol would I need to use what I already have then change?

Thanks . You guys are the best

I would say that the majority of us have Dreams for our primary card and if some of our family members also have cards, those are Cash. That's what I have, Dreams for mine and DH has Cash. Before a big promo like now, most will make sure we have enough cash in our accounts for the offers Spend # cash AM, get #AM since those offers are often part of Shop the Block or Mega Miles events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter