• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Doh! I literally made a purchase on Old Navy last night!

Edit to add: I don't recall seeing that offer though.
You're fine! Fine print from the offer:
LIMITED TIME OFFER valid October 23 – November 9, 2017. Get 50 Bonus AIR MILES® Reward Miles when you spend $20 or more, excluding shipping, duties and taxes, through airmilesshops.ca at participating online stores.

One of the *big* offers from the back of the Metro flyer (don't forget, METRO not Sobeys or Foodland :P )
Lays version of Pringles, and Quakers Mini Rice Cakes 3 for $5.00 get 10 AM

Edited once i noticed my Swipe-o how appropriate is it that I actually said QUACKERS not Quakers!!

But, I don't recall clicking on that offer. I just remember logging in and going right to the Old Navy button. Oh well, I'm sure I'll have to buy something else between now and then.

Metro offers are always bad but this week is almost offensive.

I remember in May or so when I was first collecting seriously there was a buy 3 Orville Reddenbacher popcorn deal where they were $3/$10 and 30AM when you buy 3. Where are the deals like that there nowadays?? Spending $10 for 15AM or $5 for 10 is not an outstanding deal.

Another week I already know I’ll have better offers at Sobeys before the flyer is even out. Haha

But, I don't recall clicking on that offer. I just remember logging in and going right to the Old Navy button. Oh well, I'm sure I'll have to buy something else between now and then.
I don't think you needed to do anything else other than place an order thru the portal that cost more than $20.00 There is nothing to "click on" the button just takes you to the fine print (which is actually quite LARGE!)

I never saw that either yesterday but I did make a over $25.00 purchase at Chapters only yesterday and have already received it. I did remember to go thru the airmilesshop website first. I never did that before reading along on this forum.

How long did it take others to be approved for the basic no fee AirMiles AMEX?

I applied on Sunday and it said it couldn’t approve me instantly somehow. Wish I had taken down the application #...!

I applied on Sunday and it said it couldn’t approve me instantly somehow. Wish I had taken down the application #...!

I applied as well and didn't take down the application number...I had this card about a year ago, but cancelled it.

Anyone else notice the airmilesshops.ca site has changed? I had to make sure it was a legit site at first, I was getting used to the old site.

Also, there's an offer now for 50 AM with your next purchase thru the portal of $20 or more until Nov. 9th. Perfect as I was going to place an order anyways!!
Lol I just noticed today too! And I swear some stores are missing!

The Metro coupons I access on my phone? They seemed to have stopped letting me get the air miles multiple times. :(

I was able to get 6 air miles x 10 when I purchased goat's milk, paying for each container seperately in September. I didn't do all 10 purchases back-to-back, but 2 here, 3 there. My daughter drinks goat's milk. I was also able to use the sushi coupon 3 or 4 times in September.

However, I purchased 3 goat's milk on October 3 and Metro only gave me the air miles twice.

Then I purchased 2 containers of goat's milk on October 20 and Metro just now only gave me the air miles once.

The Metro APP has changed as well. I just had to update it. Not sure I like the change. I wanted to read the fine print on the coupon again and now it's all in french. :( No English.

Last edited:

My dh was approved the same day and I think it took about a week and a half before the card got here.

Yeah we don’t really have space in the freezer right now for bagels or anything but I might consider getting some to get the 30AM deal. Husband or myself will eat them. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter