• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Sobeys has a few little deals. There are some granola bars for $2.49 that are buy 2 get 20 AM, of course the kind my son likes are the same price but buy 3 get 10 AM...

Rexall has a "head to toe" thing for 100 AM. I will check again when we get back from our walk if anyone is interested. I'm sure they'll be posted tomorrow. Lowes has a 5x the AM event too I believe.

Reminder that the Shell 50am or 5 cents/l signup ends tonight.

Text SHELL to 111222 to choose one of two great offers!

Save 5¢ per litre on up to 100 L of fuel.

OR

Get up to 50 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles. Get 5 Bonus Miles on every $5 you spend.

Text your choice by May 24! Your offer will be loaded onto your AIR MILES Card for you to use on June 2 until June 15.

Apparently the deal is based on eastern time.... It's 10 in Alberta and I got a reply saying it's over :(

so went to safeway today...

The cashier told me it will be Blue friday next week! WOOT WOOT!

i spent $130 and got 243 airmiles... spend 100 get 100, my load and go was spend 100 get 30, got a bunch on cereal deals (buy 3 get 30) and then some misc stuff in store. Not bad but I have done better. Since spending them all to book our trip I'm already back up to 897 airmiles since Apr 25! I need 3350 for the van rental so I should make it especially with the megamiles bonus and not kidding, we've had some big charges this month (home insurance) hit the cc so I'm excited to see what I'll get on my BMO card this statement cycle lol

No Blue Friday in our Safeway flyer. I was so excited!! Give that cashier the stink eye next time you are there for me please!!! lol

So I've given up on Metro being part of Megamiles. The customer service manager told me at the beginning of the month that they were participating at the end of the month. I've just called the store again this morning and they hadn't heard anything about it (this wasn't the manager). I've also live chatted airmiles (got nowhere, rep talked in circles) and called Metro Head Office (also knows nothing about it).

I think I'm going to do Staples and Rona (has a weekend 15% off everything promo). I wanted to do Lowes but items I want aren't on sale and I can't get to the $100 limit without the risk of needing/wanting to return something and being under the $100 limit.

I'm disappointed Metro didn't participate in the Megamiles, I managed to get 5 of the shops done but really wanted that 6th just in case. I did Shell, Rexall, Sobeys, Foodland and the Children's Place. Ah well. Now to wait.

On the off chance that anyone needs one (or even 2) coupons to finish up the MM promotion Lowes has a fairly AM heavy flyer this weekend.
  • Major appliances :10 X AM
  • Trailers : save 20% and 5 X AM
  • Toilets: save 15% on installation (in store purchases only) and 5 X AM
  • Spend $100.00 or more and get 5X AM
  • This weekend only save tax on a bunch of things
Other than the toilet installation offer needing to be an instore purchase all of the other bonuses & sales also apply to online purchases. This would allow you to use both the Lowes specific MM coupon and if your total purchase is over $150.00, the Airmiles shop coupon.

Lowes Flyer

My triple dipping days at Rexall may be coming to an end. Spent $58 used MM (15AM), email (80AM), load and go(100AM) and coupon from receipt (50AM). The coupon from the receipt wasn't reflected in the total AM earned. Questioned this with the cashier, he added them separately but they had always shown up automatically before. The coupon from the receipt is unique to the Ottawa area I believe. Anyone else have this experience this week with one of the offers not being allowed?

I will try again next week and see what happens. If it doesn't work I guess those days are over.
I just finished a $30 Rexall shop ($31.96 before taxes) in Barrhaven. I stacked the Mega Miles coupon, the $5 off survey coupon, spend $30 get 60 Load & Go and the spend $30 get 50 receipt coupon. The receipt coupon did not automatically stack although the coupon code and details show up on the receipt. The $5 survey coupon correctly shows as cash tender. The manager had to manually add 50 AM for the receipt coupon.

On the off chance that anyone needs one (or even 2) coupons to finish up the MM promotion Lowes has a fairly AM heavy flyer this weekend.
Other than the toilet installation offer needing to be an instore purchase all of the other bonuses & sales also apply to online purchases. This would allow you to use both the Lowes specific MM coupon and if your total purchase is over $150.00, the Airmiles shop coupon.

Lowes Flyer

I'm still considering this.

I just finished a $30 Rexall shop ($31.96 before taxes) in Barrhaven. I stacked the Mega Miles coupon, the $5 off survey coupon, spend $30 get 60 Load & Go and the spend $30 get 50 receipt coupon. The receipt coupon did not automatically stack although the coupon code and details show up on the receipt. The $5 survey coupon correctly shows as cash tender. The manager had to manually add 50 AM for the receipt coupon.

I wonder if they are phasing out the Spend $30 get 50AM coupon. Glad you were able to get it added manually. I will try my usual stack without the MM and see if it works next week.

Lowes Flyer

Thank you, I had completely forgotten about Lowes being in airmilesshops.com, we are looking at new light fixtures, so I could probably get the 2 offers that way. I already did Children's Place and Rexall, so order lights, fill up the gas tank and we are good to go! Now to decide if I will try to do it on my other account before the end of next week....

I can meet you at the LCBO and buy some more red wine, use your AM card if you want? I think we live fairly close by each other…

I'm disappointed Metro didn't participate in the Megamiles, I managed to get 5 of the shops done but really wanted that 6th just in case. I did Shell, Rexall, Sobeys, Foodland and the Children's Place. Ah well. Now to wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter