Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Grand total Air Miles from the great pickle shop of 2017 is 1089! The employee put up a limit of 12 sign just as I was getting there. They were also just restocking the shelves so they know we are coming ;)

Last edited:
I was using you as an example for my son this morning .. you know the one who calls us AM "insert phrase for people who sell their wares on the street corner that won't get past DIS-filters :P ) ... and with a raise of his eyebrow he asked if you do what a co-worker does .... Seems he does similar donating to collect PC points BUT takes it one step further and claims it as a charitable donation :eek:

OK just back from.....Wasaga Beach, Mom and Dads anniversary. Mom talked to the store manager couple of days ago and had him set aside jars for me...
Well 12 jars to a flat, 28 flats = 366jars = 12,600AMs = 4+ 5day WDW park pass = $668.64.
I will take that deal all day long.
Took dads truck, placed them all in there and they will take to the food bank tomorrow when they are open.
Then my Mom asks for the receipt, ok. She then tells me that the food bank issues tax receipts for the donations if there is a receipts that show the purchase. I told her not to worry, but if they get them then ok.
Added in 5 cases of poweraid from last year and the foodbank is very happy for this sale. Mom says they never get relish or pickles. Hmm they have them now and do not expire until late 2018. All good.
One other thing, stopped by Shell before going up and picked up GC for Foodland. $500 worth so add in another 70AM just for that. Wish I bought more 2 weeks ago with the other deal.
This does not the STB points not showing up as Onyx any better, but now I dont have to worry about that now.

So called AM to see about flights for my wifes trip to Greece for a cousins wedding this summer. The lady goes "its a lot of points" I say no problem, how many?
between 8-12k. Ok then I ask what would the taxes be? |$700 more:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:
Thats plus the points.
I told her I can get flights straight up for between $900-1100 all in.
Here comes 5 park passes instead. And they dont expire.:jumping1:

OK just back from.....Wasaga Beach, Mom and Dads anniversary. Mom talked to the store manager couple of days ago and had him set aside jars for me...
Well 12 jars to a flat, 28 flats = 366jars = 12,600AMs = 4+ 5day WDW park pass = $668.64.
I will take that deal all day long.
Took dads truck, placed them all in there and they will take to the food bank tomorrow when they are open.
Then my Mom asks for the receipt, ok. She then tells me that the food bank issues tax receipts for the donations if there is a receipts that show the purchase. I told her not to worry, but if they get them then ok.
Added in 5 cases of poweraid from last year and the foodbank is very happy for this sale. Mom says they never get relish or pickles. Hmm they have them now and do not expire until late 2018. All good.
One other thing, stopped by Shell before going up and picked up GC for Foodland. $500 worth so add in another 70AM just for that. Wish I bought more 2 weeks ago with the other deal.
This does not the STB points not showing up as Onyx any better, but now I dont have to worry about that now.

That's great....we stopped back into our Foodland today and they got a shipment, but they are not putting on the shelves, you have to ask. Also, since they put a limit of 4, my Mom and I were able to get 8 jars...300 AM...getting closer to our DL tickets!!!!

So called AM to see about flights for my wifes trip to Greece for a cousins wedding this summer. The lady goes "its a lot of points" I say no problem, how many?
between 8-12k. Ok then I ask what would the taxes be? |$700 more:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:
Thats plus the points.
I told her I can get flights straight up for between $900-1100 all in.
Here comes 5 park passes instead. And they dont expire.:jumping1:

this is always my experience with air miles flights. we were considering a trip to london--booking with the airline would run about 750 all in. with AM it was about 5000 miles plus nearly 600$ in fees!

A shout of to my fellow STB-ers
Was just tracking down some missing miles and added the question RE:ONYX status and got this response

ME: speaking of the STB promotion, any update on when those miles will show on my ONYX status? They were supposed to apply to this year's total and as of now they aren't

AGENT: They are still working on getting them added to the tracker for the Onyx status. Normally miles earned from us don't count toward statuses, so they have to figure out how to get them I can see you got the 1900 Cash Miles, and just need them added to the tracker. They are hoping to have it fixed soon.

So there you go ..... still no solid answer but they are working on it!

Several people have posted on here and in other groups that they have purchased large quantities of pickles and relish (worth thousands of Airmiles). Many Foodland stores are imposing limits now (6 per customer per day) after receiving direction from their headoffice. Is it possible that the Airmile bonuses will not be honored for larger purchases made prior to this change? I am an occasional Airmiles user so I am not sure how the store/Airmiles have dealt with promotions that were more popular than expected. I did hear about the Powerade promotion from last year. Lol.. was it as crazy as the pickle promo?

Last edited:
I have not yet heard of anyone earning miles on a promotion like this and having Airmiles restrict the award of bonus miles after the fact. I don't think it has happened with previous promotions. If you earned them on your receipt I believe they will honour them. I can see the stores in future limiting how many you can purchase at one time. They have done this with the gift card promotions where now you are allowed to purchase up to 5 GC per promotion/airmiles card. They have also tightened up on not being allowed to use a GC to pay for a GC.

I don't think the pickles promotion of 2017 (as it will now be known) was any crazier than the Powerade promotion of 2016. I personally remember traveling to 2 or 3 stores for each promotion.

Several people have posted on here and in other groups that they have purchased large quantities of pickles and relish (worth thousands of Airmiles). Many Foodland stores are imposing limits now (6 per customer per day) after receiving direction from their headoffice. Is it possible that the Airmile bonuses will not be honored for larger purchases made prior to this change? I am an occational Airmiles user so I am not sure how the store/Airmiles have dealt with promotions that were more popular than expected. I did hear about the Powerade promotion from last year. Lol.. was it as crazy as the pickle promo?

I did notice today at Foodland that they did have a printed sign with the limit stated clearly on it...it did appear to be from Foodland and not just the store writing "limit 4" on all the signs...

Several people have posted on here and in other groups that they have purchased large quantities of pickles and relish (worth thousands of Airmiles). Many Foodland stores are imposing limits now (6 per customer per day) after receiving direction from their headoffice. Is it possible that the Airmile bonuses will not be honored for larger purchases made prior to this change? I am an occasional Airmiles user so I am not sure how the store/Airmiles have dealt with promotions that were more popular than expected. I did hear about the Powerade promotion from last year. Lol.. was it as crazy as the pickle promo?
They can not go back and not honor that which was earned. It is not the consumers fault that there was a loophole. Especially when some of the store managers have been ordering cases and skids for customers that are asking.
Plus could you imagine the negative public opinion more than what is there now.
The Pickle is a better deal then the Poweraid of 2016, that is why there are so many post everywhere. My wife is part of a Canadian Disney Addict on facebook and the post on there are crazy.
The downfall to the social media is that they shut loopholes quicker. ie. GC

Airmiles earned at Foodland, Sobeys, Metro (Sun - Sat) are usually posted by the following Thursday or Friday. They can sometimes take an extra week to post.

My Sobeys air miles didn't post last week, likely due to the Easter weekend.

Ours posted on Thursday.

On another note, didn't get load 'n go AND printed coupon credit for purchase yesterday at RExall. Receipt said 122 miles, account says 62 miles. Hmmmmm.

Ours posted on Thursday.

On another note, didn't get load 'n go AND printed coupon credit for purchase yesterday at RExall. Receipt said 122 miles, account says 62 miles. Hmmmmm.
I shopped at Rexall yesterday. Used the email and load and go and both showed up today in my AM account. Check back again later maybe it was a glitch in their system. If not take your receipt and a copy of your AM account printout to the store and ask that they post them again as they haven't shown up. They will likely ask you to wait a few weeks before doing this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter