Airmiles Armchair Chatter

OK....not sure if I fall into the 'shelf clearing' category or not. LOL

I had an errand to run this morning and decided to make two big detours which got me to two different Foodland stores. The first store the shelves were already empty at about 9:30am, except for a couple of jars of pickles. It wasn't me! I had to ask if they had any relish in the back which they did but it was going to take a while for them to get it as the truck had just arrived. They only let me have 4 jars of any item. I got some pickles, and a couple of different relishes. All of which we will eat. Then went on to my errand and after that a second Foodland. I got to the second store around 11:30am and they were well stocked with everything except the $1.99 sweet relish. Another customer was furiously loading her cart with all different kinds of pickles(I was tempted to ask her if she was from this thread) and then she asked a staff member if they had the sweet relish. He said yes and brought out a case. I then take two from the case and ask him if there is more and would they consider giving me a whole case. He said yes. Brings it out and then we chat a little as he mentioned what a great deal the AM on that item is. I proceed to tell him that I'm making the purchase for the food bank and any chance of getting a second case???? He laughs and says 'sure'.

So in total I got 38 jars of relishes and pickles. Spent $86.40 and earned 1527 AM. I will be keeping 8 items and the rest will go to the food bank on Monday.

Am I crazy if I consider going back on Monday?

Not crazy at all, its great take advantage all you can.
I went a little out of my way only to have empty shelves. So who do I call, MOM. Now I can not reveal where she lives until Monday afternoon. She talked with her store manager and seeing as Mom helps out at the food bank, she secured a skid of relish and a few pickles for me to get on Monday. I will drive up with my daughters and pay for the whole thing, then drive them right to the food bank. I still have a dozen cases of Poweraid to drop off too.
Thanks Mom

Mel, thanks for posting this. I was considering getting a ton of relish and donating it BUT I realized I actually need and will use a similar quantity to your purchase.
It pushed me to head out to the Rockwood location and I bought almost the same combo (they had sauerkraut too so I bought one of those)
One thing I did see is that a few jars of banana peppers had a 50cent off coupon attached so I used two of those and left the rest.
Just an fyi, keep your eyes open everyone.

I sat in my car and thought about going back in but decided against it. Now that I am home I am kind of kicking myself!

Well I'm glad you didn't, went to Rockwood this evening and got the last two relish, it was the third Foodland I went to and the others had none. So thank you for not clearing the shelf! Came home with 12 jars today.

I went a little out of my way only to have empty shelves. So who do I call, MOM. Now I can not reveal where she lives until Monday afternoon. She talked with her store manager and seeing as Mom helps out at the food bank, she secured a skid of relish and a few pickles for me to get on Monday. I will drive up with my daughters and pay for the whole thing, then drive them right to the food bank. I still have a dozen cases of Poweraid to drop off too.
Thanks Mom
Curious....how many jars is on a skid?

So jealous on the relish deal! I was tempted to ask my family n Ontario to buy and use my card lol
I'm in Ontario but Northwestern Ontario..So we're lumped in with the West. I'm very jealous of the relish deal. We only have Safeway to get am at and it's been slim pickings for a while now.

12 jars to a case, 24 cases to a skid,,i think...hehee
If your guess is correct you just snagged 10,800 AM

tenor.gif

Question for you all. Does Foodland do specials like the Bicks promo and AM once in a while or is this an unusual deal? I dont pay attention to the Foodland flyer because it is out of my way to shop there but I kind of enjoyed the little store I went to Sat morning, it was cute and quaint and I certainly would shop there again if there were AM bonuses like this one. I know there was a gift card one last week or the week before - are they often?

Question for you all. Does Foodland do specials like the Bicks promo and AM once in a while or is this an unusual deal? I dont pay attention to the Foodland flyer because it is out of my way to shop there but I kind of enjoyed the little store I went to Sat morning, it was cute and quaint and I certainly would shop there again if there were AM bonuses like this one. I know there was a gift card one last week or the week before - are they often?
No, this sort of deal is rare. I can get 5 or 10 AM for things-usually buy 2 to get them. Sometimes you can score 25AM with one item. They DO have instore AM that you have to look for, and I usually do okay with those. And just last week they did have their gift card special-buy $150 gift card and get 200 AM. The last time they had done that was in November, I believe. I do that, and then use my gift cards to buy the groceries. Foodland is our grocery store in our small village, and, while I do shop No Frills in the city, it's nice to be able to shop in our own. The one the next village over is a beautiful Foodland-open 24 hours a day, too.
One thing-if you sign up for their newsletter and get the geared to you promos, I do very well-whether with AM or % savings. My savings when I shop is usually between 25% and 38%. I buy their reduced meat, too, and freeze it. Great deals to be had with that!

Last edited:
Thanks Mom

12 jars to a case, 24 cases to a skid,,i think...hehee

I was using you as an example for my son this morning .. you know the one who calls us AM "insert phrase for people who sell their wares on the street corner that won't get past DIS-filters :P ) ... and with a raise of his eyebrow he asked if you do what a co-worker does .... Seems he does similar donating to collect PC points BUT takes it one step further and claims it as a charitable donation :eek:

okay pals, time for some light detective work. I checked my air miles account just now and today I had a bonus 50 miles posted called "bundle your bonus." I'm definitely not complaining about the extra miles (every one counts!) but any ideas about what they're from? Anyone else get this bonus and remember earning it?

Just checked mine - I received 50 bonus airmiles as LoyaltyOne

Also - for those who are Sephora shoppers, the VIB sale (15% off) starts on the 18th for Rouge members, and if you shop on-line through the Airmiles Shops, you'll get airmiles in addition to the discount.

Managed to get to foodland and picked up 4 jars of pickles. Store had lots. But we are visiting my parents and i only have so much room in the car. Happy to get the 150 air miles any way.

My load and go offer from Thursday hasn't posted but the rest of the bonus ones did.

I would have loved to get in on this deal, but my entire family hates relish:rolleyes:. We do like pickles, but our Foodland is 45 minutes away. I just couldn't make myself do it. But great score everyone!!
:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter