Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Second dollarma done, man I do not like the new cards, they are made out of cardboard or something and the numbers peeled right off, i did manage to figure out the card, but that was stressful!

Hmm, I'm regretting not doing this Maxpass thing for Dollarama. I really never looked into that promo, mainly because this is the first time I was sent the email to join. I will have to read up on it just in case I get the opportunity to participate in the future.
I didn't get the invite either but I searched on the website and then just got it. Watch for it to happen again around black Friday for online shopping. I posted this link and I'll do that next time as well that anyone can use. Sorry you've missed out.
Dollarama shop from yesterday hasn't posted yet for me and every other time I shopped there it was posted before I even got home from the store. So kinda concerned here.
Mine usually takes 5 - 7 days so don't worry yet! Things do seem to run a little slower when there's a promo.
Well, *insert word that would definitely get me banned here for using*, it looks like I am not going to get my lovely AM haul from buying Disney Gift cards!

After avoiding it for over 3 1/2 years, I tested + for covid yesterday!

:sad:
That sucks! Do you have anyone who would be willing to do this for you? If you know someone that you can trust why not just leave your cards in an envelope ? I know my kidlette would do it for me.

Hi
I got a message at the end of pumping and while paying that asked me if I wanted the Airmiles 25% off YES Or No,,, did you get that on your pump screen?

I would contact Airmiles on Monday and question this.
They will probably ask you to email your receipt for the purchase.

In Toronto 416-226-5171

Rest of Canada & USA 1-888-AIR-MILES (1-888-247-6453)

LocationsMonday – Friday
Atlantic Canada9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. local time
Newfoundland and Labrador9:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. local time
All other provinces8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. local time

French-speaking ambassadors are available until 7 p.m. ET, Monday to Friday, and all day on Saturday.

Best wishes
Mel
I didn't get a message asking me if I wanted to use it :( I finally got around to calling AirMiles today - no explanation from them on what may have happened, just an offer of 200 AirMiles. I confirmed that they couldn't refund the $12.50 I was suppose to have saved. They couldn't. So I took the 200 AirMiles, even though I don't really collect anymore, I'm sure I'll eventually use them.

Well, *insert word that would definitely get me banned here for using*, it looks like I am not going to get my lovely AM haul from buying Disney Gift cards!

After avoiding it for over 3 1/2 years, I tested + for covid yesterday!

:sad:
Double dang Dang DanG Hon !
If I lived closer I'd come get your list and mastercard.
So sorry Hon.
Hope you get through this crap quickly!
I think it's time for me to start wearing a mask at work.
I know my time will come but I am trying to avoid it.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Yesterday I got 250 miles for the shop multi partner offer but I don't know from what time. I found a screen capture I saved from Sep 22 and you could earn 250 bonus miles if you shopped at 5+ different partners but I thought I had only done 4 but I will take it. Offer ended September 30th but maybe there is another one from an earlier time frame.

Yesterday I got 250 miles for the shop multi partner offer but I don't know from what time. I found a screen capture I saved from Sep 22 and you could earn 250 bonus miles if you shopped at 5+ different partners but I thought I had only done 4 but I will take it. Offer ended September 30th but maybe there is another one from an earlier time frame.
DH and DS did that offer. I thought they were due to receive 175AM but each was awarded 200. There isn't anything else outstanding in those accounts. "They" shopped Sept 9-11. Offer likely went longer "they" just got it done in that timeframe.

Second dollarma done, man I do not like the new cards, they are made out of cardboard or something and the numbers peeled right off, i did manage to figure out the card, but that was stressful!
Ok
I think I have it figured out.
I was actually trying to peel the metallic looking strip off ....BIG no no!
With your finger nail ***************GENTLY************** rub the surface ...kind of like a scratch Lotto card. I then used a tissue to wipe away he grey bits.
I did buy the you name the amount ones that are plastic. The $25 ones seem to all be cardboard.

Hope that helps.
hugs Mel

I had a freak out moment today when my nephew called me and said my McDonalds gift card that I had just bought at Dollarama had an insufficient balance when he tried to make a purchase via a kiosk.
Thanksfully all ended well when they figured out that you can only use a gift card at the Kiosk if the gift card balance is higher than your purchase amount. Their total was 26.99 and the balance on the gift card was $25 so it came up as insufficient balance. I guess I will put $30 on the next gift card that I buy since him and his girlfriend buy the same items all the time. They figured out they have to either go to a cashier where you can use multiple means of paying or put in 2 separate orders.

Not sure how clear this image will be I've worn my glasses for too long today and everything is blurry! Apparently we're doing this on the weekend (hubby studied the flyers i guess :P )
Looks like it's on the last page of the Metro flyer, essentially buy 4 of the big packages of paper towel and get stack the following offers:
8.99 a package
Buy 2 get 10 miles

Spend $25 on those (and other) products get a $10 Metro gift card (gotta scan your receipt and send it who knows where)
Use 95 cash miles get 25 back from the flyer and 20 back from being ONYX
We'll buy 35.96 worth of garbage (can you tell I struggle with the whole single use thing?!) but only pay $25.96, get $10 gift card and 65 miles.
1696475097172.png

I have no Metro AM coupons... so weird, and the flyer prices haven't updated for me. Boo! I hope this fixes itself soon.

Dollarama will be trickier to go to today, I have a few meetings and someone is coming to "fix" my water meter, it was replaced last year with a "smart" one that never worked apparently? So all my bills have been estimates instead of readings. Of course they are coming between 8 and noon. Any way. Fun stuff. Hopefully I'll be able to go at lunch.

I only have the in app offer in my Offers for Metro as well. Usually there are a bunch. Metro sometimes has issues updating everything on Thursdays. They usually wait until I have finished my grocery shopping.

Now I shop on Fridays.
It's just weird because the flyer prices aren't showing up in my cart either, like butter is supposed to be on sale for $4.88 but it's still showing at the full price. I guess I won't be ordering for tomorrow morning. It being thanksgiving weekend I am guessing the things I want (like butter) will be sold out by the time I'm able to place an order. Or I'll have to go in store.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter