Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Checking in from Trip #2 to Universal - just DH and me this time! We're in line for Jurassic Park River Adventure.

I wanted to report that I used the Personal Shopper to buy an adult ticket to the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party today.

We're going Aug 23 so the price is US$109, which is $116.09 with tax. We were quoted 1,650 Air Miles so that is a rate of 14.1 AM/$1 US.

We're getting quotes for kid tix on DH's account. Will report in.

I got a really nice MC offer....make 2 purchases at 2 sponsors and earn 100 miles. Dates are May18-24th. So that's an easy one. I need gas and was going to get it today but the price is dropping 10 cents tomorrow so I'll wait. Then I'll just need to run to either Metro or Sobeys and buy something. Poof...100 miles.

I got a really nice MC offer....make 2 purchases at 2 sponsors and earn 100 miles. Dates are May18-24th. So that's an easy one. I need gas and was going to get it today but the price is dropping 10 cents tomorrow so I'll wait. Then I'll just need to run to either Metro or Sobeys and buy something. Poof...100 miles.
My offer was spend $125 on food and beverages and get 40 AM's. Same time period, 18th to the 24th. I don't shop at liquor stores often and don't spend that much on take out so I'll pass. 40 AM's isn't all that much to be chasing down IMO.

I got a food and beverages offer, I am assuming it includes dining? We are leaving Saturday to drive to the US and go on a cruise so I should be able to do that :)
Oasis cruise? I love that ship! We are doing a B2B on Symphony in Oct and can't wait. Have a great time and make sure to report back. I'll be interested to know what you think.

Sobeys
Motts Garden Vegetable juice and Clamato Juice on sale for 3 for $9.00
(They were the Large bottles).🥤1.89 L
Buy 3 get 50 Airmiles
Picked up 6 and donated to the Food Bank❤️ . (All juices are listed as a need product right now).
Total $18.00
100 Airmiles

And yes I picked up 5 ice cream treats 🍦
95 Airmiles. (enough for the whole summer).

Hugs Mel🤗

Last edited:
Oasis cruise? I love that ship! We are doing a B2B on Symphony in Oct and can't wait. Have a great time and make sure to report back. I'll be interested to know what you think.

Yes Oasis! I haven't been on that class of ship yet, we are in a Central Park balcony on deck 10. Kiddo is very excited about the 24 hour access to food :) he's all about the food and water slides. I am just looking forward to not having to cook or clean and being able to relax a little bit.

Yes Oasis! I haven't been on that class of ship yet, we are in a Central Park balcony on deck 10. Kiddo is very excited about the 24 hour access to food :) he's all about the food and water slides. I am just looking forward to not having to cook or clean and being able to relax a little bit.
This is so exciting!🚢
I hope you guys have an excellent Holiday!🌺

Hugs Mel

Sobeys
Motts Garden Vegetable juice and Clamato Juice on sale for 3 for $9.00
(They were the Large bottles).🥤
Buy 3 get 50 Airmiles
Picked up 6 and donated to the Food Bank❤️ . (All juices are listed as a need product right now).
Total $18.00
100 Airmiles

Hugs Mel🤗
I wish we had a Sobeys nearby. Foodland doesn't have the same deals. :(

I wish that would last our house for the summer :lmao: That would probably last about 2 weeks! But I will be snapping up that deal this weekend...with maybe a few others I seen.
That is AWESOME!!!! Have fun! I will say that I am envious and as green as a jelly bean lol. I have been doing a little research on those ships so if dh and I decide to do a just us vacation again next winter...I will have some info and knowledge about which ship and ports we want to do! Those are BEAUTIFUL ships and is on my bucket list to go on one. I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

I am asking my fellow AM gurus...I can't remember if I can do this.

I see there is an offer this weekend spend 125.00 get 100 AM. If I buy a sobey's gift card...do I get the 100 AM? Then I would use this to make other good AM purchases at Safeway.

We had only ever sailed on DCL until we sailed on Oasis of the Seas and when we first entered I thought 'we have made a huge mistake'. Two hours later and I thought 'why didn't we do this sooner?'. It is AMAZING. Central Park deck 10 is our favorite. In the morning you can sit out on the balcony and people watch while listening to the pipped in birds tweeting, it's like being in a true park. In the evening I love to sit out on the balcony with a glass of wine and listen to the string quartet that plays soft music while watching all the people dressed up to go to dinner walking around. String lights hung in the trees make it twinkle. When the quartet is done, they pipe in the sounds of the night with crickets. It's a magical place IMO. I'm ever so jealous.

I am asking my fellow AM gurus...I can't remember if I can do this.

I see there is an offer this weekend spend 125.00 get 100 AM. If I buy a sobey's gift card...do I get the 100 AM? Then I would use this to make other good AM purchases at Safeway.
Unfortunately not. Gift cards only earn miles when the offer is specifically on gift card purchases.

I did two buy anything for 50 AM at Sobeys months ago. The receipts didn’t show the AM. I asked the cashier and she told me it would not show on the receipt but will post later. Still no sign of them! Do I contact AM or Sobeys? I have another one for 95 AM now, and I am not sure if I should try again.

Has anyone ever booked a park and fly hotel at YYZ through AM.....if I could, I'd like to redeem miles. We need 9 days parking. How do you book this? I don't see anything on the AM site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter