Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Now we rarely go to mcds,,but we did the other day,,,we did get the montreal if you want it is yours
Ok Gang we need Vancouver Airport.
Come on someone has to win this trip!
Thanks Mort.
Hugs Mel

I did look up what the odds are but there's always Hope right.?

PRIZE: Family Vacation for 4 to Universal Orlando Resort (10 available, 4 game pieces needed)

• Rare piece: Vancouver Airport
  • Other pieces: Montréal Airport, Toronto Airport, Halifax Airport
  • Odds of collecting all 4: 1 in 257,368,931
  • Average retail value of prize: $4,566

Last edited:
Just took a peek at next weeks flyer...there seems to be a few things I think I can score.

1- Purex laundry detergent.
2- Pizza pops/granola bars - spend 25.00 and get 100 AM.

I was hoping to have a personal offer for a spend threshold...but nothing for personal offers. I hope I can score the purex before they run out. Our store never orders enough. I guess I'll have to ask for a raincheck - and make sure it adds the bonus miles with it as well.

Me too.... I am stock piling that Purex.
I might try to get there before work.

Hugs
Mel

Ok Gang we need Vancouver Airport.
Come on someone has to win this trip!
Thanks Mort.
Hugs Mel

I did look up what the odds are but there's always Hope right.?

PRIZE: Family Vacation for 4 to Universal Orlando Resort (10 available, 4 game pieces needed)

• Rare piece: Vancouver Airport
  • Other pieces: Montréal Airport, Toronto Airport, Halifax Airport
  • Odds of collecting all 4: 1 in 257,368,931
  • Average retail value of prize: $4,566
Wow better odds at 649...way to go Ronald

Looking over the Metro flyer and my new favorite type of cracker has Airmiles attached.
I do not even want to know how bad these crackers are for me....all I know is they don't seem to upset my stomach so I am going with that.
Buy 2 boxes for $4.00 get 15 Airmiles
View attachment 612810
Here are the pretzel ones I haven't tried yet.
View attachment 612811

Hugs
Mel

The original Townhouse crackers are my very favourite cracker (followed by Vinta). It took ages for DD and DH to discover them....and now I'm lucky to get any! LOL
Wish I could, but I (like with Covid) don't qualify yet. I get to wait until November. Good luck with your shot.
Is there somewhere to check who can get the flu shot right now? I haven't heard anything, and I did preregister at a couple of Shoppers. But I'd still be waiting for the COVID shot if I hadn't got it through the PHU by pre-registering with them in the spring. :rotfl:

The original Townhouse crackers are my very favourite cracker (followed by Vinta). It took ages for DD and DH to discover them....and now I'm lucky to get any! LOL
Is there somewhere to check who can get the flu shot right now? I haven't heard anything, and I did preregister at a couple of Shoppers. But I'd still be waiting for the COVID shot if I hadn't got it through the PHU by pre-registering with them in the spring. :rotfl:

The Shoppers around here have them now. My daughter, her hubby and 4 year old have appointments for tomorrow.

You can check here ... https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/health-and-pharmacy/pharmacy-services/flu-shot/finder

End of Sept to early-Oct
  • Hospitalized individuals and hospital staff
  • LTCH residents and staff
October
  • Individuals at high-risk for flu related complications or hospitalization
    (group 1) and health care providers
November
  • General population (including groups 2, 3 and 4)

Last edited:
The Shoppers around here have them now. My daughter, her hubby and 4 year old have appointments for tomorrow.

You can check here ... https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/health-and-pharmacy/pharmacy-services/flu-shot/finder

End of Sept to early-Oct
  • Hospitalized individuals and hospital staff
  • LTCH residents and staff
October
  • Individuals at high-risk for flu related complications or hospitalization
    (group 1) and health care providers
November
  • General population (including groups 2, 3 and 4)
I just pre registered with Rexall...they sent me a email saying to click the link and sign up for a day & time..
Now remember I love kids but they are walking breathing little germ spreaders ,,, and they all were home last year saving up those germs.
We currently have no coverage (staffing shortage) if we are away so the last thing we need is staff getting the flu right now.

I am not sure about getting the pneumonia shot?? I got it back in 2019/2020.I don't think I need it again
https://www.healthline.com/health/how-long-does-a-pneumonia-shot-last#pcv-vs.-ppsv
Hugs
Mel

I just pre registered with Rexall...they sent me a email saying to click the link and sign up for a day & time..
Now remember I love kids but they are walking breathing little germ spreaders ,,, and they all were home last year saving up those germs.
We currently have no coverage (staffing shortage) if we are away so the last thing we need is staff getting the flu right now.

I am not sure about getting the pneumonia shot?? I got it back in 2019/2020.I don't think I need it again
https://www.healthline.com/health/how-long-does-a-pneumonia-shot-last#pcv-vs.-ppsv
Hugs
Mel

Anyone dealing with the littles is in group 1 for getting the flu shot.

Dang I need to stop reviewing flyers
No Frills has Purex same size for $7.47 a bottle. (Member Pricing).

https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10011/1429737?itemId=65092272&page=2
Purex Liquid Laundry Detergent or Fleecy Fabric Softener or Sheets
$7.47
Thu. Oct 14 - Wed. Oct 20
$3.52 per bottle cheaper............................ than Sobeys.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
I know how busy the cruise threads are on opening day so I decided to put aside a few hours today to help out with people's requests. There have only been 3! For the entire day! Not sure what is holding it back. Price? Covid? Wrond time of year? Just seems very strange. I have seen these threads go for pages and pages on opening day which is why I thought I would help.
Oh well, I'm done waiting. To many other things to do PLUS that comedy zoom is tonight. I might just tag in on that.

hope its not a disappointment,,,,just wish we could watch it on the big screen...not sure how to push or cast or whatever to tv

In the past I have connected my laptop to my TV using a HDMI cable and it works great. I can't do that this time as the TV is still at the cottage so I will just be watching on my little laptop screen.
There are instructions once you log on how to connect to your tv but you need apple or chromecast tv to make it work.

In the past I have connected my laptop to my TV using a HDMI cable and it works great. I can't do that this time as the TV is still at the cottage so I will just be watching on my little laptop screen.
There are instructions once you log on how to connect to your tv but you need apple or chromecast tv to make it work.
|Thank you,,,just unplugged the roku and used that hdmi,,,and it works,,,old people learning new things...thanks

uhm, am I really this out of touch ... anyone else finding this just awkward? Why no Canadians??!!

woah that's not funny AT ALL please let the next person be better

ETA sorry to come across all crotchety gang, just felt the comments about food allergies were more than a tad out of line. I'm aware that I'm hyper sensitive about everything these days and I've reached the end of my patience with my own stupid dietary restrictions. Hubby's parting comment as we were shutting stuff off as soon as Ivan was finished (he had us laughing!) "Hope this isn't an indication of the new direction airmiles is taking"

am I alone in being upset that they weren't able to find a host that is Canadian or at least understands the program? Seemed like both he and the first comedian thought we all fly a lot?! Stepping down from my Karen-ish soap box now and heading into Friday.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter