Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I just got home from dinner, so missed it. I hope Ivan was ok, he’s Canadian from Vancouver.
Ivan was good,,,I have never beem fond of Alonso,, so did not like hom again. Pasitell(spellkng??) Was good as well. So hard for them without the feedback live,,plus we all would have fed off the laughter of others as well. Started slow,,finished good under the conditions.

Ivan was good,,,I have never beem fond of Alonso,, so did not like hom again. Pasitell(spellkng??) Was good as well. So hard for them without the feedback live,,plus we all would have fed off the laughter of others as well. Started slow,,finished good under the conditions.
Yeah, I’ve heard that the Zoom comedy shows are hard when they are telling jokes to the void lol Alonzo Boden has been hit or miss with me too. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! A bit sorry I missed it. So hard when they do stuff in EST. 5pm is so early to get it together after work lol

I totally missed it . I’ve been feeling burnt out with work and kids and stressed over letting the older kids live a little more..
When does the next hopefully big promo thing come out ? I’m looking to get a bit more Cmas shopping done . I’m still undecided about Christmas and our trip because of the littles . I’m hopeful they will have doses in by Cmas. But who knows .

I have pre ordered a few things for Christmas this year.

My new building for my Grinch Village took over two months to come in but YEAH it arrived yesterday!
Ordered from Retrofestive.
1634415326733.png
I ordered a new Laura Ashley quilt and it also took over 6 weeks from Amazon.
But I love it!!!!!!

I am doing Christmas Tote bags for my kids this year.
So far I have all of their Gift Cards done and some really nice bath sheet towels.
Tomorrow I hope to get out to Rexall and see if they have any nice Rose & Robin gifts out yet.
(Time to use some saved up be well points.)

I know stores are warning people of shortages this year.

Gota plan ahead.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

As of now I have Costco Disney pjs for DD and I . A summer/fla outfit for both little boys ( Nike $7.88 sportchek clearance ) socks for big kid . Advent calendars , Pokémon sets for boys . The kids will get one gift from me and stockings from santa and the majority will be our trip IF it happens this year is the question yet again . If it doesn’t it may be a lot of gift cards ha ha

My Mastercard offer was, stupid late coming, for a ridiculous threshold spend in a rather odd category. Didn't show up until mid-morning yesterday

and here's what they consider eligible:
Miles will be calculated on the total eligible cumulative purchases made at merchants that are classified in the Mastercard network under Merchant Category Codes (MCCs) including "Paints, Varnishes and Supplies" (MCC 5198), "Hardware Stores" (MCC 5251), "Hardware Equipment and Supplies" (MCC 5072), "Home Supply Warehouse Sores" (MCC 5200), and "Glass, Paint, Wallpaper Stores" (MCC 5231).

NOT happening, but the email i got for Metro I will be using since it's rare that I walk out without spending $100 anymore and there are several Irresistible products I buy regularly to get the extra 15 miles.

I never got a Mastercard offer this month....
But My Metro is ok
1634514116712.png
40 Bonus Miles
Get 40 Bonus Miles when you spend $40 or more on almost anything. *
Ends Wed, Oct 20

and
Plus, get an extra 5 Bonus Miles if you spend $5 on Selection or Irresistibles products.*

I'll have to check the grocery list.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

Be careful with that offer (Metro) make sure you get the email and activate it. Last month I had an offer in my AM app for a use cash miles. It mentioned in the terms that I had to opt into the email. I wasn't quite certain what it meant as the offer was in the app. Did I have to get an email also?

I got another offer from Metro in the app again this past week. I also received and email about the same offer with the opt in/activate. I activated and then did the spend in the offer so I guess you have to get both (?) to make it work. Pretty sure what I did last month won't work but we'll see.

The offers say to make sure you read the terms carefully to make sure you meet all the requirements. It's becoming too difficult sometimes to do what should be simple.

Be careful with that offer (Metro) make sure you get the email and activate it. Last month I had an offer in my AM app for a use cash miles. It mentioned in the terms that I had to opt into the email. I wasn't quite certain what it meant as the offer was in the app. Did I have to get an email also?

I got another offer from Metro in the app again this past week. I also received and email about the same offer with the opt in/activate. I activated and then did the spend in the offer so I guess you have to get both (?) to make it work. Pretty sure what I did last month won't work but we'll see.

The offers say to make sure you read the terms carefully to make sure you meet all the requirements. It's becoming too difficult sometimes to do what should be simple.

The weirdest thing happened when I clicked on the Opt In link.
I was redirected to airmiles and it now says ready to use.
The weird thing is the email has disappeared from my in box???
How can an email just disappear?
It is not even in my App.
Hugs
Mel
ljZn2hX.jpg

btw this metro offer won't appear on your receipt. I did my shopping today and once the 115 miles from my offer I'll have earned 226 for a $146 transaction, not wonderful but better than my usual metro ratio!

Oooh adding on to my Christmas shopping list . I won a $250 gift card for 31.. I got big kid who leaves for school in Jan , 4 diff totes for his closet , and DD a whack of little makeup bags and whatnot and a bag for me.. so excited I rarely win anything but last month I won the $500 gift card to Great wolf .
Big kid is so busy and in school , he has midterms all week and then reading week next which makes zero sense to me. His last is Friday and he’s on a bus with the hockey team he’s helping me route to western for the weekend . ( first overnighter I’m worried lol ) so pray with me he has good phone signal and his data holds out for the whole exam.
has anyone ordered universal tics lately from red tag ? I think I’m getting closer to saying that’s it we are going at Christmas . Just wondering what turnaround is like ?
Hope everyone is having a tremendous week.
Hugs
T

has anyone ordered universal tics lately from red tag ? I think I’m getting closer to saying that’s it we are going at Christmas . Just wondering what turnaround is like ?
We are in the planning stages. I'm trying to see if we should use some of our AM for Universal tickets and hotels...or just hotels during out stay. I'm thinking that tickets and hotels will win in the end. I'll post if we decide to go ahead and purchase our tickets.

O/T Off Topic
Life of a school staff member.
Severe eye infection. Can barely see at times.
No Dr appointments available till Friday.
Pay for an online doc video chat.
Gave wrong info for pharmacy cause i can't see screen properly.
Got son to do it.
Now I have to go for a Covid test,,something about Covid and eye infections.
I have never had such a bad eye infection. Anyone have any home remedies I'm listening.burning tearing itching,blurred vision ,eyes so red,,,etc.
Looks like I'm out for airmiles shopping..
ok this only took an hour to write,
hugs everyone.
mel

Oh Mel, that sounds miserable :(

Same as any other infection I would say try warm compress but with your eyes be careful to not have it too hot. Just get a soft cloth, run it under the hot water and then fold it and hold across your eyes for about 5 minutes. Repeat as often as you want, just be sure not to get it too warm since your eyelids are so thin. Resist the temptation to rub them.

O/T Off Topic
Got son to do it.
I have never had such a bad eye infection. Anyone have any home remedies I'm listening.burning tearing itching,blurred vision ,eyes so red,,,etc.
hugs everyone.
mel

Make sure that each time you use a warm compress, it is a clean warm compress and not one you used before.

And, just as an FYI, Polysporin has a pink eye medication that you can buy off the shelf.

O/T Off Topic
Got son to do it.
hugs everyone.
mel

Is there a walk-in clinic nearby that someone can drive you to? I’ve never heard of any link between eye issues and COVID. I had a red,swollen itchy eye/eye lid a few weeks ago and went to a walk-in clinic to get treated, and they never even mentioned Covid. Feel better!

While you wait I agree with the Polysporin for eyes (polysporin for eyes was our opthamologists first line of defense). Whatever you put on your right eye, wash your hands and use clean ?? for your left eye. I like to use a Q tip to apply the polysporin (put it into the pocket of your lower eye lid).

Throw those used wash cloths into a hot water wash when done.

Feel better soon.

Last edited:
O/T Off Topic
Got son to do it.
hugs everyone.
mel
ugh...my eyes are watering just reading all of that. Hopefully the eye compresses will help, along with any prescriptions and OTC drugs you may find as well will provide some relief.

I’ve never heard of any link between eye issues and COVID. I had a red,swollen itchy eye/eye lid a few weeks ago and went to a walk-in clinic to get treated, and they never even mentioned Covid
It is. MY nieces have had to stay home from school, and have a covid test....as well as my questionaire I fill out for my shifts at TJX have that as a symptom as well. Is it weird...YUP. But so are extremely itchy feet ( that I experienced while sick with covid ) explain that one to me :confused3. So weird.

O/T Off Topic
Got son to do it.
hugs everyone.
mel
Hope you have a speedy recovery!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter