Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Accelerator recovery? Just my thoughts, BMO had an email in late July that was trying to encourage us to get out and spend. Here is part of the email

View attachment 599241

View attachment 599242
Can't be that, I activated the offer and have charged close to $2000 related to travel. I did not get anything posted.
I know there are a lot of people in the FB group who got these AM's. Just sad I didn't, lol.

I found this by googling BMO accelerator AirMiles - looks like it’s related to Shell. Does that makes sense to those that received this bonus?:

There has also been an limited time accelerator added to all of the above cards and also to the BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard and the Shell AIR MILES World MasterCard from BMO for purchases at Shell. That accelerator is 5x the base miles you earn at Shell - this means it will be 5 times the following:
  • 1 AIR MILES Reward Mile for every 20L of Shell Bronze, Shell Silver or Shell Diesel fuel; or
  • 1 AIR MILES Reward Mile for every 10L of Shell V-Power® Premium fuels; or
  • 1 AIR MILES Reward Mile for every $5 spent at a Shell convenience store (“Convenience Store Transactions”), which exclude tobacco products, lottery tickets (instant and scratch), Shell gift cards, partner/third-party gift cards, prepaid credit cards, phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law.

I found this by googling BMO accelerator AirMiles - looks like it’s related to Shell. Does that makes sense to those that received this bonus?:

There has also been an limited time accelerator added to all of the above cards and also to the BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard and the Shell AIR MILES World MasterCard from BMO for purchases at Shell. That accelerator is 5x the base miles you earn at Shell - this means it will be 5 times the following:
  • 1 AIR MILES Reward Mile for every 20L of Shell Bronze, Shell Silver or Shell Diesel fuel; or
  • 1 AIR MILES Reward Mile for every $5 spent at a Shell convenience store (“Convenience Store Transactions”), which exclude tobacco products, lottery tickets (instant and scratch), Shell gift cards, partner/third-party gift cards, prepaid credit cards, phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law.

No, I haven't purchased anything at Shell in a few months.

What was the date for that article? I use Shell gas and my WE MC and didn't get any accelerator AM's so it doesn't work out for me.

That makes sense for me. DH and DS have also had Shell purchases on their AM cards (without a BMO M/C) and they didn't receive and bonus. This is so confusing! Makes for a great discusssion until we get to the bottom of it. Some people on Facebook were reporting huge #'s of AM.

I have been purchasing Disney Gift Cards at Metro with my AM's. They never question it.

Shh! we don't want them to crack down on it. I have done it a couple of times in the past. Throw down a GC with my groceries and then pay for it all (or not) with AM Cash.

So I have been buying stuff in-store at Shell- basically anytime I need anything they have that’s not outrageously priced compared to Safeway (snacks, juice, ice, etc) because the rate of return on shell AM is SO HIGH and I drive by one everyday on the way to the pool. I had been using my BMO card up until maybe May or June. So that could check out… that would be about $117? Because it’s already 2x…..yeah maybe over a couple of months.

That would make sense. I had to go check and see if we got anything...and this is what was on our account.

• August 23, 2021

ACCELERATOR - RECOVERY
    +68

• August 23, 2021

BMO SUMMER OFFER
    +41

• August 20, 2021

BMO WORLD ELITE AM
    +237

• August 20, 2021

3 X ACCELERATOR BONUS
    +25

• August 20, 2021
    3 X ACCELERATOR BONUS
    +25

WE have traveled every weekend since June. We put lots of miles on our vehicle....but also have enjoyed our summer and made some great memories. I'll take all the AM :banana:

So do you think the little blue tags in the Sobeys flyer are going to be the Bonus Boom offers?
View attachment 599666
Hugs
Mel
I sure hope so! I see a couple of things with that flag that I *might* be interested in buying PLUS they have my detergent on sale with miles & that rarely happens. I'll just hit up a store on my way home from my treatment on Friday. I expect the use cash miles to be an offer as well, they usually are included in the promos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter