Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Go to Airmiles
Go to Travel
Go To
Vacations, Cruises + US Parks

Listed under US Parks
**** Watch For NON Refundable Info******** UNIVERSAL Orlando, & Walt Disney World
"This booking is 100% non-refundable once completed"

Be prepared for a bit of sticker price shock

Welcome Back
Hugs Mel

Thanks! Found it.

Finally, my BMO M/C AM showed up in my account. A week late. They have never taken that long to post (usually post the next day) but they are there now with no intervention required on my part.
Ours finally showed up as well. I was not happy I might have had to chase miles. But they all posted now. That just tipped me into another 100.00 to apply for all our travelling we are chopping at the bit to do ;)

Holy moly, DH went to Shell last night to fill up. They posted to my account this morning. That was lightening speed posting for Shell.

I know, I know he should have waited until Thursday. I figured it was a win just getting him to go to Shell. He ususally prefers Costco.

Holy moly, DH went to Shell last night to fill up. They posted to my account this morning. That was lightening speed posting for Shell.
Shell has been very quick the last few weeks for posting miles. A little while ago, I was getting worried, because it seemed like it was 4- 5 days before they were posting. Now it is next day for within the next 1 or 2 days after purchasing.

The only reason I know this is because we have three vehicles, going in different directions every day. Then add to it, trips to the lake for fishing, and sneaking a trip here in there to see the kids and granddaughter.

Shell gives us a good portion of miles from all our purchases.

Is everyone getting their bonus miles from Shell? I haven't gotten any Go+ miles from May for example...

I had completely forgotten that BMO Elite changed their AM's program. My statement cut of is the 14th and the AM's were posted this morning. I was confused at first and actually still am. I received 196 regular AM's and a 3Xexccelerator bonus of 21 AM's, except the bonus posted twice. I'm sure this is in error but so odd.
I seldom shop at AM stores so I don't expect to get the bonus often.

I had completely forgotten that BMO Elite changed their AM's program. My statement cut of is the 14th and the AM's were posted this morning. I was confused at first and actually still am. I received 196 regular AM's and a 3Xexccelerator bonus of 21 AM's, except the bonus posted twice. I'm sure this is in error but so odd.
I seldom shop at AM stores so I don't expect to get the bonus often.
I thought the same about the double posting. Take your bill and add up the total of AM partner purchases. You will earn 3X on those purchases (1AM for every $12spent once as part of reg AM and 2x bonus) hence the bonus seen twice. The whole bill is awarded AM (1AM for ever $12)

Say you spent 1200 total with $120 being spent at partners. Your reg AM would be 100 (1200/12*1) with bonus of 20AM (120/12*1 x2) (likely shown in your AM account as 3X accelerator 10 - 2 times). When you look at your BMO statement it would show 100 and 20 for a total of 120.

At least that's how I've understood it so far.

Okay Air Miles friends, I'm starting to plan a Universal/Disney trip. It would be 4 of us going. Hoping for end of August but will depend entirely on the border opening and quarantine/test requirements. If it doesn't work out then we will just go another time, I have about 20,000 AM right now that I'm looking to put towards the trip. I'm sure I have read on here several times that park tickets are the way to go when using AM but here is my situation:

I have credit through AM with Westjet for flights to Orlando.
AM has currently suspended redeeming AM for rental cars.

So this leaves me to either use the AM for hotels or park tickets. Without getting into all the numbers, my math tells me that the park tix are the better deal. Is this what the general consensus is?

Also, has anyone done the math on whether the Universal or Disney tickets offer the most value? I assume this would vary with number of days and hopper/park to park add ons?

I plan to hold off on booking anything until I know we can go for sure.

Okay Air Miles friends, I'm starting to plan a Universal/Disney trip. It would be 4 of us going. Hoping for end of August but will depend entirely on the border opening and quarantine/test requirements. If it doesn't work out then we will just go another time, I have about 20,000 AM right now that I'm looking to put towards the trip. I'm sure I have read on here several times that park tickets are the way to go when using AM but here is my situation:

I have credit through AM with Westjet for flights to Orlando.
AM has currently suspended redeeming AM for rental cars.

So this leaves me to either use the AM for hotels or park tickets. Without getting into all the numbers, my math tells me that the park tix are the better deal. Is this what the general consensus is?

Also, has anyone done the math on whether the Universal or Disney tickets offer the most value? I assume this would vary with number of days and hopper/park to park add ons?

I plan to hold off on booking anything until I know we can go for sure.

Park Tickets are non refundable now.
Orlando, 32830, Orlando, US
|
Duration: 3 days
|
This booking is 100% non-refundable once completed

Take some time to have a look at Red Tag site re US Park Tickets

My example for Dec
This ticket is valid for 3 days of use within a period of 5 days beginning on the ticket start date.

I would look at hotels as an option ,,, just make sure to check if the room has cancellation available

My example here
Universal's Loews Sapphire Falls Resort

Free cancellation available before 11:59pm on 06 Dec 2021 (local time at property). You will be charged a 20% fee if you cancel from 11:59pm on 06 Dec 2021 to 7:00pm on 11 Dec 2021 (local time at property). If you are entitled to a refund, it will be issued to the original payment method. No refunds for no shows and cancellations made on or after the check in date.

Best wishes
Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter