Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just checked out the IGA flyer. ZERO mention of Air Miles. In the app though, there are multiplier offers for spend $100 (5x) and spend $150 (7x). This store has really tanked in terms of offers.

The norm for IGA is to have zero AM offers. Multipliers or blue Friday offers are the exception unfortunately.

Hmmmm...I was putting off ordering a couple of things and waiting to hear about the mega miles promo. What to do, what to do :scratchin

I won't be doing this, I hate the airmiles portal... it's always a fight and I just don't want to fight about it. I'll consider it once during Mega Miles if I have to, but that's about it now! Just isn't worth the extra effort.

Ever since our trip to Mexico last spring, I've been utilizing the Aeroplan estore as well. Sometimes they have multiplier events like up to 10x the points. Now that we are traveling more consistently I thought it might be wise to get us all accounts. You just have to make one transaction to your aeroplan account per year to keep it active and not lose the miles. It will take me forever to get us to the level of flight redemption, but that's fine.

Ever since our trip to Mexico last spring, I've been utilizing the Aeroplan estore as well. Sometimes they have multiplier events like up to 10x the points. Now that we are traveling more consistently I thought it might be wise to get us all accounts. You just have to make one transaction to your aeroplan account per year to keep it active and not lose the miles. It will take me forever to get us to the level of flight redemption, but that's fine.

I do surveys that earn aeroplan and was able to redeem what I had for an Old Navy giftcard, I didn't think I'd ever earn flights but they had a deal on giftcards and it was worth it. I got my son an account as well, because he's a kid his points don't expire

the computers are coming from staples, not on the aeroplan site .. yes I checked first, we shop at home hardware often and they are one of the only brick and mortar stores that give aeroplan miles but figured I would go for the best return. Then I remembered I was being stupid, staples will let me quadruple dip- 1/20 thru the store, 1/40 direct from staples, something (forget what the rate is ) from the delivery service of staples and my amex card. We don't need anything from any other store and luckily staples doesn't have a multiplier this morning so it's all good!

Off topic, but does anyone use YETI mugs? I'm thinking about buying some for our trip to Bahamas this summer. We will be mostly drinking beer (bought offsite from Atlantis, of course) and I need something to keep them super duper cold. Looking at the Rambler series 20oz

Off topic, but does anyone use YETI mugs? I'm thinking about buying some for our trip to Bahamas this summer. We will be mostly drinking beer (bought offsite from Atlantis, of course) and I need something to keep them super duper cold. Looking at the Rambler series 20oz

View attachment 476571
Yetis are great but if you are buying them just for your vacation I would suggest saving your money and buying Bubba’s instead. They are on sale at Canadian Tire all the time and you can get really large ones if you want with a handle. IMO, Bubba’s are just as good.

Disney World released tickets for MNSSHP this morning. I've submitted a personal shopper request to see how many air miles it'll take for 2 adult tickets for the October 31 party.

Already heard back from the personal shopper. The two adult tickets for the Oct. 31/20 MNSSHP will cost 4475 air miles. It's a little high, but I've told them to proceed. :dancer:

So happy for you! You are going to have an awesome time!!
Hugs
Mel

Thanks Mel!
I had guestimated it would cost approx. 2500 per ticket for Halloween night, so I'm happy (and surprised) it was a little less. The tickets on the WDW website for that night are $149 USD + tax, so once I figured the price with exchange, it's not too bad. We're going for my oldest daughter's 30th bday. She's onyx as well and submitted her request the same time as me, and hasn't heard back yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter