Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Sure, there still might be something on the bottom of the receipt. I probably wasn't clear enough saying in my post that the opportunity to get Airmiles from a survey coupon is ending. The ability to get Airmiles from Rexall is ending. Likely though, invitations for feedback will come through your app. McKesson is going full speed on BeWell worldwide. Rexall is the first rollout.

Hi Mel here,,just my personal opinion here........

If this is their first rollout and Worldwide I don't think it's a very good one. (return value very poor).
*Shoppers couldn't make their reward program work without joining the PC brand,,,I could be wrong but time will tell.
For me earning the Airmiles was the only way to justify their high prices.

Mel

Last edited:
O/T Off Topic
Good News
My surgery got bumped up to next week.(gallbladder removal).

I am looking for zero fat free snacks /treats,,and where I might buy them.
any ideas:
PLEASE!!!!
1. applesauce
2. frozen 0 fat yogurt
3. pretzels
4. fat free pudding
5. Jello,,I guess I could add some fruit.,,or rum.
6. homemade banana chips.
Ok I have to admit I am a pie,cake,croissant,cookie ,cinnamon bun,danish kind of girl,
Do you think these truly have 0 percent fat?
https://well.ca/products/shasha-original-ginger-snaps_94789.htmlHugs
Mel

Angel food cake? Should be fat free, there’s only egg whites, sugar, flour and some vanilla in it. You can frost it with fat free cool whip that has drained canned crushed pineapple in it.

O/T Off Topic
Good News
My surgery got bumped up to next week.(gallbladder removal).

I am looking for zero fat free snacks /treats,,and where I might buy them.
any ideas:
PLEASE!!!!
1. applesauce
2. frozen 0 fat yogurt
3. pretzels
4. fat free pudding
5. Jello,,I guess I could add some fruit.,,or rum.
6. homemade banana chips.
Ok I have to admit I am a pie,cake,croissant,cookie ,cinnamon bun,danish kind of girl,
Do you think these truly have 0 percent fat?
https://well.ca/products/shasha-original-ginger-snaps_94789.htmlHugs
Mel
As I am currently downing a bag of Swedish berries DH brought home. I looked and they are zero fat. (not any nutrition but if you need a safe cheat...)

Sure, there still might be something on the bottom of the receipt. I probably wasn't clear enough saying in my post that the opportunity to get Airmiles from a survey coupon is ending. The ability to get Airmiles from Rexall is ending. Likely though, invitations for feedback will come through your app. McKesson is going full speed on BeWell worldwide. Rexall is the first rollout.
And this will soon become another takeover of a Canadian company that will fail. McKesson really needs to learn about their target market. The Canadian consumer is a different breed. (Target anyone..)They will learn soon enough, unfortunately it will be the hard way. I was a Shoppers Drug Mart shopper (it's closer to my home), I switched to Rexall because of the Airmiles. Like others have said, without that incentive I'm switching back.

This is afterall a thread devoted to collecting Airmiles.

way OT for my Ottawa group
Will be in Kanata on Feb 29, Disney Tigger key is getting released on that day. How busy is the Ottawa store. I see it opens at 930, do we need to be there one hour before?
It's a Saturday so there may a bit of a lineup. Can't say I've been to many opening hours of that mall in years.Keep in mind if you're staying in Kanata that you will need to go downtown to get to the store. Leave yourself enough time (weather depending) to get there, park and navigate your way to the store. The mall can be a bit confusing to get around in.

Afterwards I would suggest heading over to the market (behind the Bay) and get a Beaver Tail.

Question about the Rexall survey coupon... Can we use that for multiple transactions tomorrow? Or one and done?

Question about the Rexall survey coupon... Can we use that for multiple transactions tomorrow? Or one and done?
the $5 one? That one is problematic at the best of times! It has a ton of restrictions of items not covered and there are certain stores I've been to that where that coupon overrides every other one. For me? I won't even try to use it tomorrow but I know there are lots of people who have no problems when they use it.
the wording on the coupon says once per customer per transaction per day which to me means, yes you can use it multiple times.

Thanks so much for the support gang. I wasn't looking for any sympathy (does help though :P ) just wanted to bring my "family" up-to-date with part of the "why" behind our switch from a Mexico trip to a Disney one. We had found a resort that was supposed to be excellent but i got a private message from a friend when she was there begging me to switch if at all possible. She's 100% fluent in Spanish and had been served dairy 4 times in less than 24 hours with the explanation that none of the following are dairy: yogurt, cheese, ice cream and butter. If they couldn't handle that relatively simple restriction there's zero chance mine would have been followed :sad2: We were also able to extend the trip for close to the same cost so win-win!
To answer some specific comments:
corn- never had a problem but it's not one of the five foods I'm allowed right now. The formula I'd be using (if someone would actually get back to me!) has the proteins (which cause the allergic responses) already broken down

Fish- one of the chefs at POFQ convinced me to try some salmon after listening to this stupid list and he tried SEVERAL different ways of cooking it for me until we found one i actually don't mind

Spending time here- OMG it's such a welcome distraction, if i put my plate beside me and shovel the food in I can *almost* get past the gagging reflex 🤢🤪 I know *they* say don't eat when you're doing something else or you won't enjoy your food and/or eat more than you should -- BOTH of those are bonus for me!!

Question that no-one asked but might be worth answering anyway:
WHY on earth am I doing this?

I've mentioned here before that i been dealing with severe gastritis for about 10 years now (caused by use of a RX medication that has since been deemed to be harmful in the dosage i had been taking for something else for about 20 years!) and while that was annoying, it was manageable with a restricted diet. I ended up having a specialized test in May that involved a dye and after that all heck broke out and my entire system revolted. Didn't matter what i ate i was getting welts in my mouth, tongue & lips were swelling, gastritis was bringing me to my knees in pain as i cried for hours on end, and eventually trouble breathing. We slowly found a small group of foods that only caused those problems *occasionally* and for 7 months that's all i ate. Now we're going to see if we can find out what I'm actually allergic to and the AMAZING allergist we're dealing with even thinks that's the core to my gastritis.
I hope the process works out well! Pixie dust!!

I remember trying to use it the second time within a day and it didn’t work a few years ago. It’s “per day”, so it’s once per day per customer. You can still try. Worse come to worse it just doesn’t work.

Thanks for sharing. You did a great job, and I bet it will be wonderful to look back at this over the years!

Thanks! I love scrapbooking but I've been procastinating for too long on my albums. Now I need to start our Universal trip almost 5 months ago and 2 other vacations. Plus my daughter wants help with her school Europe trip.

Okay, sometimes I read to fast. When I first ran through this I read totally edible, lol. Had to take a second look.

Great job on the book and thanks for sharing. We have sailed on the Oasis and The Symphony. Allure is on our list of to do's.

Thank you. I re-read my post and can see how you first saw edible. LOL too funny.

The formula is probably Alimentum or Nutramigen. Both my kids had severe intolerance to my milk (even when I went on very restrictive diet) and they were prescribed Alimentum. Worked really well for them but OMG it was so expensive and had a really bad smell. In QC, when prescribed, we could have our insurance to pay 80% but we had to ask our Dr to fill a special form. Good luck!

My daughter drank Nutramigen. She had a bad first month with breast milk, even after I cut out all dairy products. We tried lactose free and soy milk. She could tolerate soy but hated it. She was diagnosed with a milk protein allergy. After a month she was prescribed Nutramigen and we finally had a happy baby. Talk about a game changer! She drank that until age 2. Then we switched to goat's milk. At first my husband's work insurance said we would have to purchase it and submit our receipts for reimbursement. We were ordering cases of 6 from Shoppers about every 2 weeks I believe. I racked up quite the number of Shoppers points back then! About 6 months later his insurance made changes and it was paid right at the counter through his insurance. No more points. By the way, she's turning 21 now so this was quite a while ago. And she's still on goat's milk!

Shell Wednesday
Gas Up time!
Time to fill those tanks and buy a few extra bottles of water.
Then head to Rexall Bonus Boom!
Hugs
Mel

My husband filled his tank last night!! Grrr... he forgot I said Wednesday morning. There went 30 air miles. My tank is at least half full still.... Tonight when my husband gets home, we'll check out our cars and see if we can add anything to them.

Hey, is there a minimum required for the gas as there usually is?? Or will I bet able to put less than 25L and still get 1 mile per L?

Well, I've accumulated a nice list on Amazon for Mega Miles (x 2). My bday is Monday (the big 4-3!) and have asked for Amazon gift cards. I've found some really great travel-related items that will make packing so much more organized. Let me know if you are interested and I can send you links to the items.

Going for my 3rd v-power fill up this weekend for February, and have a good weekend of miles for Sobeys!

Just back. Did 2 orders. I was going to go back tomorrow and do the Beauty day when the cashier prompted me to do another shop today. $25 less in cash outlay same result. I don't know why I didn't think of that myself.

Good day $102bt spend got 404AM plus 2 $10 off coupons to use starting Friday. I'll go in an pick up just over $10 x 2 which make that stuff "free".

If this is their first rollout and Worldwide I don't think it's a very good one. (return value very poor).
*Shoppers couldn't make their reward program work without joining the PC brand,,,I could be wrong but time will tell.
For me earning the Airmiles was the only way to justify their high prices.

I knew that once Loblaw acquired Shopper's that they would amalgamate the two point systems that they had. I was surprised that they didn't do it sooner. But it was nice once you could collect points at No fills, because I remember when you couldn't, even though they are owned under the same umbrella - even if independently owned.
I like the combined program...for as much fuss people made about combining the two programs, it has certainly paid off for me :flower: I hope you can come to love the dark side of points collecting lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter