Airmiles Armchair Chatter

My current problem with Amazon is that I put together a huge shop (over 200$). No books, so I think that most or all of my purchases will count for miles. But my order is split into 3 or 4 shipments, none of which is over 100$. I have no idea if my shop will qualify now!

Wait, what? Why won't the cards be e-mailed until December? I couldn't get the physical cards either but also had problems with the e-mailed ones.
I actually chose a December date. They are part of my girls' Christmas gifts. If it doesn't work, I'm going to be some upset! What sorts of problems did you have?

do you have prime? I'm pretty sure psych is available through prime tv

I meant to respond to you, @Donald - my hero , but I made a mistake and I don't know how to fix it!
My current problem with Amazon is that I put together a huge shop (over 200$). No books, so I think that most or all of my purchases will count for miles. But my order is split into 3 or 4 shipments, none of which is over 100$. I have no idea if my shop will qualify now!
Nope, not a prime family (hate paying for the luxury of shopping!) I'll just keep watching for the price to drop again, we don't buy gifts for each other anymore -- since our anniversary & birthdays are so close together and come just before Christmas we tend to decide on one "big item" that does it all- tv one year, lazyboy love seat with cup holders another and more often than not, a get away, even if only a weekend (kinda going big this time!) I was hoping to get the DVDs and stick them in my carryon and just surprise him on the plane!

I've had the stupid "split order" happen with Amazon and most times it's been fine and posted perfectly. During Mega Miles it split my order and the miles were affected but all Airmiles wanted when i did a chat was the total of the order on my email confirmation and they fixed it up for me quickly. So long as you have that total shown in your email, Airmiles won't know, nor will they care, if your order comes in 1 package or 10, they only want the bottom line. You'll be fine!

Nope, not a prime family (hate paying for the luxury of shopping!) I'll just keep watching for the price to drop again, we don't buy gifts for each other anymore -- since our anniversary & birthdays are so close together and come just before Christmas we tend to decide on one "big item" that does it all- tv one year, lazyboy love seat with cup holders another and more often than not, a get away, even if only a weekend (kinda going big this time!) I was hoping to get the DVDs and stick them in my carryon and just surprise him on the plane!

I've had the stupid "split order" happen with Amazon and most times it's been fine and posted perfectly. During Mega Miles it split my order and the miles were affected but all Airmiles wanted when i did a chat was the total of the order on my email confirmation and they fixed it up for me quickly. So long as you have that total shown in your email, Airmiles won't know, nor will they care, if your order comes in 1 package or 10, they only want the bottom line. You'll be fine!

That's sweet and I really hope the price drops! I love Dulé Hill.

Your advice really helps, but it actually means I'm not holding my breath. My email says "your purchase has been divided into 5 orders," which sounds like a bad sign. It's somehow not just about shipment, but auto divided into completely separate orders. Boo hiss to airmilesshops!

Thanks! I am planning to do a shop and worried about this split shipment thingy. At least now I am prepared if miles are not posted properly.

Your advice really helps, but it actually means I'm not holding my breath. My email says "your purchase has been divided into 5 orders," which sounds like a bad sign. It's somehow not just about shipment, but auto divided into completely separate orders. Boo hiss to airmilesshops!
Ignore this post .. i went to the laptop and made 👇👇👇that post!

Last edited:

Alrighty! I dug thru my Amazon orders, emailed receipts, invoices and copies of chats with Airmiles and FINALLY found the order i was referring to -- YES it was split into 2 separate orders like you've mentioned and they did all ship separately and my invoice was weirdly split to show the discount i had spread over both. It didn't post properly BUT i mentioned that it was all charged to my credit card at once -- both *orders* were on the same email confirmation, how on earth would i place 2 orders and have only 1 email confirm both, and the AM chat agent had no problem adjusting my account. I think when i start providing more information than they think is possible to actually have access to they just say "uncle"

NOW -- this could affect your final StB posting but I wouldn't worry too much about it (that's because i went thru this and worried plenty enough for both of us already 😉) because you will be able to get it adjusted after the fact. SUCKS big time that you might need to chase it down, but I'll be here to help when that happens!!

Alrighty! I dug thru my Amazon orders, emailed receipts, invoices and copies of chats with Airmiles and FINALLY found the order i was referring to -- YES it was split into 2 separate orders like you've mentioned and they did all ship separately and my invoice was weirdly split to show the discount i had spread over both. It didn't post properly BUT i mentioned that it was all charged to my credit card at once -- both *orders* were on the same email confirmation, how on earth would i place 2 orders and have only 1 email confirm both, and the AM chat agent had no problem adjusting my account. I think when i start providing more information than they think is possible to actually have access to they just say "uncle"

NOW -- this could affect your final StB posting but I wouldn't worry too much about it (that's because i went thru this and worried plenty enough for both of us already 😉) because you will be able to get it adjusted after the fact. SUCKS big time that you might need to chase it down, but I'll be here to help when that happens!!

Thank you so much for tracking down all your past info, Jacqueline! You're always a wealth of information, but sharing this really makes me feel grateful. I anticipate you're right, and I'll be fighting for StB rewards in a few months, but I'm a toughie. And thanks to you, I'll be armed for battle.

Yes, it should be fine. I placed an order with Amazon last week. My original confirmation e-mailed to me showed all the items and the grand total which was just over $100. Then I received e-mails saying my order had been split up and shipped separately. :rolleyes: This has happened to me in the past and the times it does not post correctly, Air Miles fixes it.

Amazon pros, here’s a question..

I have in my wishlist a set of LUG packing cubes. The price has been dropping the last few weeks. Just checked it tonight and it shot back up by $20! How/why does the price fluctuate??
Is there a reason you are looking at LUG? Amazon has some well priced packing cubes and they are all pretty similar. Sometimes you just pay for a name and that's the only difference.
Having said that, all ours are HEYS. We have three different colors. One color for DH's clothes, one color for my clothes and a black set for dirty laundry to come home. We can always tell at a glance who's clothes are where.

I have a 5-piece LUG set already and they are awesome. What are the dimensions of the Heys ones? The LUG ones are pretty big compared to some of the cheaper sets I've seen.

Last edited:
Try not to get sucked into this offer if you can wait -- we did get warning late last week that Black Friday *should* be 20X .. I'll be updating the post regarding online shopping over in the StB thread at some point today with the multipliers that are now active (ton of the stores have finally joined the game) Also-- with so many of us still waiting on the stupid Christmas in July miles decide if it's worth the aggravation!
Fine Print (notice the 90 day time limit this time as well -- different than the usual 75 or stupid 120 days for Christmas in July)
10x LIMITED TIME OFFER: Get 10x the AIR MILES® Reward Miles on qualifying purchases from 00:00:01 a.m. ET on November 25 to 23:59:59 p.m. ET on November 28, 2019. Offer applies to the total Base Miles collected on qualifying purchase amount excluding shipping, duty and taxes. Base Offer may vary per store; click on store logo at airmilesshops.ca for details. Collectors must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to collect Reward Miles. Offer can be combined with other Bonus Mile offers. Offer is valid on the purchase of gift cards only at online stores who regularly offer Miles on gift card purchases. See airmilesshops.ca for details. For travel online stores (including travel bookings, car rentals and hotels), travel must be booked by November 28, 2019 and completed by February 29, 2020. This offer does not apply to purchases or signups made at the following online stores: eHarmony, Wealthsimple and Weightwatchers. Bonus Miles will be posted to your Collector Account within 90 days after the promotional period.

OK time to head into the chats/Facebook messenger to track down those missing Christmas in July miles gang. I just did a chat, connected with Deborah and in less than 8 minutes had all my miles posted to my account. Super easy!
I just let her know EVERYTHING -- date & time of transaction, store, pre-tax/shipping and if the miles had posted or not and POOF got my extra 306 miles!

Good morning Rexall....I'm not loving this weeks coupon.

http://images.rexall.ca/newsletter/...1252019-PP35-AirMilesV1-Rexall&utm_content=TB
OT....anyone have any good remedies for the possible beginning of a cold? I've got that odd little tingle in the back of my throat when you get a cold. I'm going to head over to Shoppers and buy everything I can find to cut this off.
Yeah, that offer isn't enough to make me want to head outside!!! I'm waiting for a one-day-only double up coupon! I always have a running list and it's growing quickly!!!!

I have a 5-piece LUG set already and they are awesome. What are the dimensions of the Heys ones? The LUG ones are pretty big compared to some of the cheaper sets I've seen.
Not sure of the measurments however this is the set (in different colors) that I have. https://www.tsc.ca/Heys-8Piece-EcoT...productdetails?nav=R:560463&edp=12372935#tab0
Not trying to sell these, no commission for me lol, but just so anyone knows the TSC is in the Airmiles shops.

Not sure of the measurments however this is the set (in different colors) that I have. https://www.tsc.ca/Heys-8Piece-EcoT...productdetails?nav=R:560463&edp=12372935#tab0
Not trying to sell these, no commission for me lol, but just so anyone knows the TSC is in the Airmiles shops.

I just checked out the link and they are on sale for $55 for the 8 pieces, or $99 for the regular price, and all are sold out except one colour. Not sure if they restock them ever. The colours are great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter