Airmiles Armchair Chatter

So we are 4 sleeps till Tampa/MVMCP and little one throat and crazy fever.. sleep Tylenol popsicles today and if not better walk in clinic tomorrow..
no shopping this weekend , napping and cuddling and praying

happy birthday Jacqueline ! Enjoy your day
Oh booo hisss! That's not a nice weekend, but 100% better than it hitting 5 days from now!

Thanks for the birthday wishes, just plugging thru the laundry -- i KNOW how to live :P

On the chance most of you won't read the thread about AC vs WJ .. I'll post here as well ...
I opened up my email late last night and had mini-freak out when i read the subject line and then quickly opened it up to find this
Read a little more, palms getting sweaty

few deep breathes before reading closer and then exploded into laughter!

i don’t know if this is specific to the west or not, but i have a grocery store question:

by the time i got to my safeway on blue friday, they were out of cheerios. i got a rain check. can i use my rain check at sobeys instead of safeway? it doesn’t say and i’ve never tried, but if it works i can get another STB shop done this week

Advice please =)
The Cdn ticket deal ends in Feb. I will have enough miles for 2 7-day adult tickets. I need one more. The trip is in October 2020 (end). Fast passes need to be made around the end of Aug or so. I have 1000 am (dream ) on another card. Would you...

a) Buy the ticket out of pocket on sale
b) Continue to save am on that card, even though it's going to cost probably an extra 3000 am

Thanks

I am in a similar boat. But we are march break. We are picking up the 2 we can for now. And if i can earn enough points before we need then get them even if its more points. Our points i treat as free extras since we dont buy if we dont need. I passed on blue friday thia week since nothing was outstanding to us.

Advice please =)
The Cdn ticket deal ends in Feb. I will have enough miles for 2 7-day adult tickets. I need one more. The trip is in October 2020 (end). Fast passes need to be made around the end of Aug or so. I have 1000 am (dream ) on another card. Would you...

b) Continue to save am on that card, even though it's going to cost probably an extra 3000 am

Thanks
I would switch to 100% cash miles. I would buy the ticket out of pocket with the Canadian discount. I would use the cash miles I earned for gas and groceries to make up the cash I spent on the ticket .
I hope that makes sense. Basically I’m just saying I wouldn’t pay more for the ticket , I would just change the way I was using rewards to still cover the amount needed.

I would switch to 100% cash miles. I would buy the ticket out of pocket with the Canadian discount. I would use the cash miles I earned for gas and groceries to make up the cash I spent on the ticket .
I hope that makes sense. Basically I’m just saying I wouldn’t pay more for the ticket , I would just change the way I was using rewards to still cover the amount needed.
@flower_petals

This - I'd do exactly what pigletto suggested.

Happy Birthday @Donald - my hero ! Enjoy your day!

Happy birthday Jaqueline!!!

What kind of gift cards did you get? I had issues trying to buy them and gave up. I have to try again this week.
I wanted the physical card, but couldn't get them, so bought the emailed ones on November 16. I've paid although they won't be emailed until December, but neither the airmilesshops nor the Indigo airmiles have been put on to my account. The airmiles for two Amazon (1 gift card reload and 1 order) done through airmilesshops the day before (November 15) are listed. So it can't be an airmilesshops thing....can it?

Advice please =)

Thanks

Same . I will prob have enough for 2/5 before our fast pass day. I’m fully intending on ordering the 2 and linking them and then simply purchasing the other three through Disney direct .
ive never seen anything stating you need to buy app from one supplier ?

Took little man to walk in this am . He has strep and of course he shared with me ..
3 sleeps till vacation.. parting no one else goes down..
I should have no problems traveling with liquid abxs for a 5 year old correct ? Can I pack an ice pack ? I have no clue ..
Thanks guys

Took little man to walk in this am . He has strep and of course he shared with me ..
3 sleeps till vacation.. parting no one else goes down..
I should have no problems traveling with liquid abxs for a 5 year old correct ? Can I pack an ice pack ? I have no clue ..
Thanks guys
aren't little kids nice with the sharing ... at least when it comes to being sick, everything else is questionable 😜

you can take any size of medication, both prescription and over the counter thru security, just let the agent know and keep it separate from everything else so it's easily accessible because you need to show it and they might want to swab it. You can bring an ice pack so long as it's frozen solid, again declare it.
fingers crossed you are all healthy in a few days!

I wanted the physical card, but couldn't get them, so bought the emailed ones on November 16. I've paid although they won't be emailed until December, but neither the airmilesshops nor the Indigo airmiles have been put on to my account. The airmiles for two Amazon (1 gift card reload and 1 order) done through airmilesshops the day before (November 15) are listed. So it can't be an airmilesshops thing....can it?

Wait, what? Why won't the cards be e-mailed until December? I couldn't get the physical cards either but also had problems with the e-mailed ones.

Amazon pros, here’s a question..

I have in my wishlist a set of LUG packing cubes. The price has been dropping the last few weeks. Just checked it tonight and it shot back up by $20! How/why does the price fluctuate??

Amazon pros, here’s a question..

I have in my wishlist a set of LUG packing cubes. The price has been dropping the last few weeks. Just checked it tonight and it shot back up by $20! How/why does the price fluctuate??
Amazon doesn't "price match" persay but they sure as heck pay attention to the prices of items everywhere and it is reflected in their pricing. Drives me bonkers, kinda like playing the stock market (or deciding when to buy US cash!) I don't think there's any way to predict which way the prices of things will go - I have a boxed set of a TV show that hubby LOVES (Psych filmed in White Rock BC) in my wish list and it was $89 when i first stumbled on it last year .. didn't need to make an extra transaction so i let it sit there figuring I'd get it during MM .. yeah then it dropped to $59 and I was thrilled until the day before the promo launched and it soared again, to where it sits now $105 😱

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter