Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I had the earn 1 air mile and get 50 air miles on our secondary card. I also had a spend $25 get 50 air miles on the Sobey's My Offers for the same card. So I went to Sobey's at lunch, spent $38 and got 101 air miles. Our 'main' card has the earn 200 get 100 offer. Kind of sucks because the offer came after my Rexall shop yesterday, so I didn't opt in beforehand. I *may* be able to squeak out at 200 am shop at Safeway this weekend, but it may be tight.

I don't think it will matter that you didn't opt in until later yesterday. The offer doesn't say that you must opt in before using (Sobeys often say this). It's more like a BMO offer where you opt in before the end of the offer in order for them to look at your account and see if you met the requirements. (That's my interpretation anyway and I'm hoping it works because I'm away for the weekend and can't do anymore shopping)

I didn't get the offer but I checked my husband's e-mail and he has been offered Earn 200 miles get 100 miles. I opted him in but I don't know if we will earn 200 miles in 4 days...

I wanted to mention I have often found *Drugstore,Pharmacy* over the counter medication much cheaper at
Metro and Sobeys when on sale. Like any product the expiry date does need to be checked.
I have found a lot of near expiry or expired medication at Walmart,,I must admit I rarely shop there anymore.

Right now Metro has Benylin chest and cold and tylenol cold on for $6.99 Reactine is also on sale for $19.99.
If anything about Airmiles ticks me off right now it would have to be the buy 4 or buy 5 or buy 2,,,very few offers anymore with a buy 1 product get X number of Airmiles.
JMHO (Just My Honest Opinion).

Hugs
Mel

I just checked Universal's website and they have 3 parks, 5 days for sale. I wonder if Air Miles might bring those tickets in as well? You have to buy those by Dec 2 and use them by May 2020. I might do a personal shopper request to see if it's worth getting those instead of the 3 day tickets.

I would get the personal quote for sure, you have 2 weeks to decide or could resubmit your request later if airmiles doesn't come up with anything better.

So I got a Sobeys offer

Get​
Bonus Miles
when you spend $300 cumulatively, between September 26 and October 13, 2019.​

BUT
The terms and Conditions say
Valid at participating Sobeys locations in Ontario. Offer must be activated before time of purchase to the AIR MILES Card swiped in the transaction. Required cumulative spend must be achieved by October 13, 2019 and excludes taxes, delivery charges, bill payments, service fees, bus tickets/passes, rental fees, event tickets, gift cards, prepaid cards, postal products and services, prescriptions, pharmacy services, tobacco products, deposits, environmental charges, alcoholic beverages, fuel, fluid dairy products, lottery tickets, and any other goods and services that are non-discountable or excluded by law. Please allow up to 120 days after the offer end date for Bonus Miles to be posted to your Collector Account. Limit one offer per Collector Number.

So NO buying gift cards to meet this offer,,I think I am going to pass on this.
Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter