Age married?

How old were you when you first got married?

• teen under 18

• teen 18 or up

• 20-22

• 23-25

• 27-29

• 30-34

• 35-39

• 40-44

• 45-50

• over 50

• never married

Results are only viewable after voting.
I was 21 and DH was 24. At the time, I didn't think I was too young. Now, if my ds came to me at 21 wanting to get married, I'd tell him to wait! Which is silly because we've been happily married for almost 14 years!!

I was 18 and my dh was 24. We had kids when I was 19, 21, 23 and 24. We have been married for 39 yrs. now and have 5 grandkids. One of whom is 19.
tigercat

Oh, I definitely think region plays into it to. At home in NJ most of my HS classmates were just starting to get engaged/married in their late 20s, and I too got engaged at 28. When we moved to FL and got married two years later (at 30), many of my coworkers, because of my advanced age, asked if it was my first marriage! :scared1: Everyone down here seems to be married by 20 and on their third child by 25. Now that I'm 32, I figure it's a matter of months before I start getting asked if I have grandchildren. :lmao:

:laughing: Oh, wow! I didn't expect that of Florida...my gosh, it's funny how it's all so relative as to what's considered the "right" age to marry, or a "young" age. Interesting!

I was 22 and DH turned 23 the day after we got married. Celebrated our 25th this past September!

I was 24 and Mrs. Tex was 25. We were both ready, but if we'd met a couple of years earlier, I don't know if would have worked out or not because we still had some growing up to do. It's lasted since over 37 years so far.

I was 19 and Dh was 20. We have been married for 12 years, together for 14. Everyone thought we were crazy to marry that young. We didn't think it was that big of a deal. We both knew by our second or third date we would end up married eventually so we didn't see the need to wait.

I will say that Dh joined the Marine corps at 19 and that played a big part. Our original plan was he would do four years in the marines and I would do 4 years in college, but after a year we didn't to be apart anymore so we got married sooner than we thought. We have just grown closer over the years and the time he spent in the Marines really made us appreciate each other more . If Dh had not joined the Mariners we probably would have waited until 23/24 to get married.

If I had it to do all over again I wouldn't do it any different but I can't imagine being very happy if our daughter wanted to get married at that age . I see 18/19 year olds now and they look like babies.

I was 19 and in my first semester of college (1985). It was a rediculously bad decision for both of us and it completely changed the path my life might have taken. My parents only agreed because they realized I was so far beyond reason that resistance was futile and I still deeply regret the pain that those few disasterous years caused us all (even more so now that I have my own teenaged child for context).

Remarried at 29 (18th anniversary celebrated in Hawaii last fall :cool1:) and had our DS 13 months later.

I was 22 and husband was 23. It was 5 months after I finished college. We were high school sweethearts so we had dated a long time with one 7 month break in college.

I wanted to get married earlier but it probably worked out for the best to wait until after school. My mom and sister were both married at 19 so it just seemed like the norm in my family.

I was 29, and my DH was 34 when we got married. I had been engaged previously, at 24, but the guy cheated on me so I called off the wedding. Best thing that ever happened to me. ;)

My Dh and I have been married for 11 years.

I was 23, DW was 20. We had been together for 5 years.
I guess you could say we married fairly young, but we had been together long enough to know it was right.

20 years and 5 kids later, I'd say it worked out.

I was 19 my DH was 21. We had dated for 2½ years and we will.be married for 10 years in July.

I wasn't interested in darling husband when I first met him a few years before we dated. :teeth: Ran into each other again when I was 25, married when I was 29.

I met my husband when I was 19 years old and we got married when i was 23. We have been together now for 18 years !!!!

Dated my DW when we were both 18 off and on for 6 months.When we hit 19 we moved in together and married the following year.Now we are going on 26 yrs. total Married 24.Would not change it for anything in the world...

Who said marriage is a failure waiting to happen? :confused3

I married at 18. Four children later, I was divorced at 33. It was not really a happy marriage from the beginning. He has been married twice since then. I haven't really had a relationship since getting divorced.

TP

I was 24 and DH was 29 when we married. We dated for 7 months, and then got engaged…..our engagement lasted 2 years, then we married.

We just celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary last month! During our years together we have gained 2 doggies. Small, happy family. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter