Age for trick or treat on board?

From what I remember, I think there were 2 separate times on our cruise that had the lighting of the pumpkin tree/story in-between? I just remember that we were busy trying to get pictures taken with the Halloween backdrops and it was slightly chaotic all throughout the Atrium--we only did the trick-or-treat stations that were on Deck 4. Trying to get upstairs was crazy (we were also 2nd seating for dinner and had first showing and were trying to make that). They definitely had it announced in the Navigator (in fact, I bet if you look up past Navigators, you could probably find the times and get a general idea for times there). We had so much fun dressing up in a family theme, I'm sure you will too!

View attachment 253858

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc That is an AWESOME costume idea!!!
They are one of my Fav characters ever

sorry for the necro, but what night is it on ? from the few places I have found online it looks like its the third night on a 7 night cruise ? going at the end of September and trying to plan things out

We totally dressed up with our kids (grandparents included) and I had no qualms of helping myself to the treats! The people throwing stink-eye are generally the same ones I encountered giving me stink-eye when I was in a character line to get a picture, sans child, all by myself. I say to them, get over it or get off the ship! :D If DCL doesn't want adults participating, they'll make it well-known!
If they are already in the line then they have nothing to be bitter about. However, we are taking our first cruise in January and I know I will be mildly annoyed if my princess obsessed three year old can’t get a ticket to meet the princesses because they are all taken by adults. Though I am Canadian so it’s not like I’d actually complain about it or even bother giving dirty looks. 🤷

If they are already in the line then they have nothing to be bitter about. However, we are taking our first cruise in January and I know I will be mildly annoyed if my princess obsessed three year old can’t get a ticket to meet the princesses because they are all taken by adults. Though I am Canadian so it’s not like I’d actually complain about it or even bother giving dirty looks. 🤷
Haha oops. I didn’t even notice that I responded to something really old. Ah well

The adults there with kids did not seem to be very happy with the adults doing it. I don't know why. We were not the only adults doing it and we got some really nasty looks.

I had that when visiting a Kansas zoo last month! We do not have children and we had passes to feed several of the animals. Wow, did some adults with children give nasty looks and expressed that 'adults only' groups should let kids go ahead of them. We just assumed that these people were jealous that we get to have fun and do what we want without the hassle of/being responsible for children :teeth:

I'm sorry, but I have to ask this (not to be mean but to share a different point of view, that of an adult without children): Why does your princess obsessed three year old have more rights to a ticket to meet princesses than an princess obsessed adult? The chance of a three year old actually remembering the event throughout her/his life is slim, unlike the adult who can appreciate and enjoy the memory for many years to come.

Again, nothing personal, I love watching the little ones meet the princesses, and I myself have never gotten tickets to meet the princesses. But it's food for thought.

I'm sorry, but I have to ask this (not to be mean but to share a different point of view, that of an adult without children): Why does your princess obsessed three year old have more rights to a ticket to meet princesses than an princess obsessed adult? The chance of a three year old actually remembering the event throughout her/his life is slim, unlike the adult who can appreciate and enjoy the memory for many years to come.

Again, nothing personal, I love watching the little ones meet the princesses, and I myself have never gotten tickets to meet the princesses. But it's food for thought.
I didn’t say that adults have less rights to a ticket than a child. I said that I’d find it mildly annoying. Also I don’t think it would matter if the kid wouldn't remember it as clearly as an adult. It’s about the amount of joy a little girl would get from meeting what she believes is actually Ariel or Belle or whoever, verses a grown woman who knows this is ultimately an actress in a gown. For myself, if it came down to me or a child getting to experience something like this I would give up my ticket to the child. I feel like it’s something more magical for a child. As an adult I’m better able to understand the disappointment. Not that I’m saying children shouldn’t learn how to deal with disappointment, but they’ll have plenty of opportunities to be disappointed for many years to come.

I don’t take offence to your opinion and, like I said, this isn’t about comparing the rights of a child to those of an adult. Adults certainly have rights to those tickets or else they wouldn’t sell them to adults. I personally would rather step aside in favour of a child in this instance. I would never make a fuss over it, or even show my irritation. That irritation would be fairly small and to be honest I’d be over it likely by the time we walked off to find something else to do. That’s just my opinion and I know many, such as yourself, do not share it.

I didn’t say that adults have less rights to a ticket than a child. I said that I’d find it mildly annoying. Also I don’t think it would matter if the kid wouldn't remember it as clearly as an adult. It’s about the amount of joy a little girl would get from meeting what she believes is actually Ariel or Belle or whoever, verses a grown woman who knows this is ultimately an actress in a gown. For myself, if it came down to me or a child getting to experience something like this I would give up my ticket to the child. I feel like it’s something more magical for a child. As an adult I’m better able to understand the disappointment. Not that I’m saying children shouldn’t learn how to deal with disappointment, but they’ll have plenty of opportunities to be disappointed for many years to come.

I don’t take offence to your opinion and, like I said, this isn’t about comparing the rights of a child to those of an adult. Adults certainly have rights to those tickets or else they wouldn’t sell them to adults. I personally would rather step aside in favour of a child in this instance. I would never make a fuss over it, or even show my irritation. That irritation would be fairly small and to be honest I’d be over it likely by the time we walked off to find something else to do. That’s just my opinion and I know many, such as yourself, do not share it.

On the plus side, the gathering event is ticketed, so if you are unable to get tickets (no additional charge, so no selling of them), you could just avoid the atrium when it is happening.

Also most of the princesses will have individual meets where you just line up like the other characters. (Frozen not included in this.) So that is a possibility for meeting them.

(Or there IS the pricey Princess Tea option - I think all the princesses in the greeting are at that.)

I trick or treats in the parks and have every intention to do it on the ship. Throw side eye at me if you'd like but I'll just smile at you with bits of snickers bars in my teeth! :D

I trick or treat, DH just walks around in costume. It’s fun for all ages. We

Attachments

• A077224D-9BBD-4C1F-8EEA-5E3B3215FC10.jpeg
    A077224D-9BBD-4C1F-8EEA-5E3B3215FC10.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 7

Im glad you wouldnt make a fuss or even have your mood spoiled by adults participating in the meet and greets. :) Just a little food for thought to mitigate your small annoyance (and for those that think like you but didnt comment), you really have no idea of knowing what that character may mean to the adult in line. It could be that the character was in that adults favorite movie when she was a kid and going through a rough time. I read an account of someone irked that she had to wait extra for her kid while "some adult blubbered on Cinderella's shoulder" and it struck me as a very unkind way to view it. Obviously for an adult to be crying over a character in public like that there is some sort of deep meaning for the person. Also, Id guess that a person doing that probably doesnt have the opportunity to get to the Magic Kingdom often. The author of the TR that contained that comment was a frequent park visitor and, frankly, her kid had had a bunch of opportunities to meet these characters. It seemed so petty and small and not the Disney way.

In any case I will be cruising in a couple of months and am ticketed for the Frozen and Princess meet and greets along with the 3 other adults and 2 kids in my party. We want group photos and werent quite certain of the ettiquette if we didnt all sign up. I cant imagine any of the adults will be interacting too much beyond the photos so that should keep the line moving and make people happy.

Would older teens be welcome to participate in trick or treat on the Halloween festivities or is it just for the small ones? I have a couple in the grown-up-enough-to-look-big but young-enough-to-adore-trick-or-treat category who would love to go along with their younger siblings, and I'm not sure what's typical. Thanks!

Everyone is welcome to participate. Disney is for the kid at heart, it does not matter what one's age is regarding trick-r-treating, taking photos with the characters, going to character breakfasts, etc.

"You" should trick-r-treat with your kids, teens and younger siblings, it will create wonderful memories for them.

I didn't do Trick or Treat, but I wore a costume as an adult on costume night, starting in the late afternoon, including to dinner and everything else. It wasn't at all unusual for adults to be on board in costume, and not all were with kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!