Age for trick or treat on board?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Amandine, Jul 16, 2017 at 2:17 PM.

1. Amandine

Amandine Earning My Ears

Would older teens be welcome to participate in trick or treat on the Halloween festivities or is it just for the small ones? I have a couple in the grown-up-enough-to-look-big but young-enough-to-adore-trick-or-treat category who would love to go along with their younger siblings, and I'm not sure what's typical. Thanks!

2. MaleficentRN

MaleficentRN Orange Bird is my spirit animal.

My 15 and 17 year old did. There were adults participating as well and no one gave them a second look.

Amandine likes this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

to hide this advert.
  4. Amandine

Amandine Earning My Ears

That's exactly what I needed to know, thanks!!! I just discovered yesterday that my 14 year old is now taller than I am, eep. So it's great to know that no one will mind even if it turns out that he might be mistaken for an adult once in costume :)

5. Krissy22222

Krissy22222 Mouseketeer

On my cruise I would say more adults than children were trick or treating. I was on the Panama Canal cruise, though, so there are less kids to start with. I myself collected a bag of treats for my teen son who was busy in Edge.

Amandine and darnheather like this.
  6. JolllyHoliday

JolllyHoliday Mouseketeer

Do both children and adults dress up to trick or treat ? Also, how long does it last ? Thanks

7. MaleficentRN

MaleficentRN Orange Bird is my spirit animal.

Yes, both do. Many stay dressed up all day. There is a children's and an adult party. The festivities really only last that one day, but there may be one or two activities on any given day that are Halloween related over the length of your cruise.

8. nikkyluvsmickey

nikkyluvsmickey DIS Veteran

Where do they have you go trick or treating in the lounges or the atrium area?

9. moremouse

moremouse DIS Veteran

We are two adults who always do the trick or treating on board. It was very disorganized. Wow.

It was on two levels of the atrium area. There were maybe 4 to 6 stations. They just have tables set up and you walk up and they hand you a bunch at each location.

The adults there with kids did not seem to be very happy with the adults doing it. I don't know why. We were not the only adults doing it and we got some really nasty looks.

Just be prepared to not be in formal lines. Everyone just pushed their kids to the front of the tables. I don't know how the cast members can stand it. o_O

It was fun though. :D

10. Rabb it

Rabb it DIS Veteran

Everyone is welcome! Love getting me some free candy :)

11. Aerin75

Aerin75 DIS Veteran

Isn't that a lovely feeling? Not! :sad:

Amandine likes this.
  12. jiminyC_fan

jiminyC_fan DIS Veteran

They were party poopers. Too bad. I guess not all have the Peter Pan attitude.

13. Krissy22222

Krissy22222 Mouseketeer

On the PC cruise it was very orderly, with people lining up at each station to get the treats. They were also very generous with their handfuls!

Amandine likes this.
  14. elvispursley

elvispursley Mouseketeer

We totally dressed up with our kids (grandparents included) and I had no qualms of helping myself to the treats! The people throwing stink-eye are generally the same ones I encountered giving me stink-eye when I was in a character line to get a picture, sans child, all by myself. I say to them, get over it or get off the ship! :D If DCL doesn't want adults participating, they'll make it well-known!

lizabu, Krissy22222 and Amandine like this.
  15. Aerin75

Aerin75 DIS Veteran

Disney is all about being a kid at heart. Some people just need to embrace that. :)

Amandine likes this.
  16. Carey_B

Carey_B Dinglehopper

Me and my sister will 100% be participating, we enjoyed it at WDW so we're definitely up for doing it on the cruise

Amandine likes this.
  17. shoes99

shoes99 DIS Veteran

Mostly everyone trick or treats, even the old people like us. Its fun.

Amandine likes this.
  18. nikkyluvsmickey

nikkyluvsmickey DIS Veteran

:dogdance:

elvispursley and Amandine like this.
  19. JolllyHoliday

Is a specific time announced or does it go on all day ? Just wondering if there is a less busy time to go or if everyone is there at once ? Also, is it more like and party and are there characters there too ? Thanks all

20. elvispursley

elvispursley Mouseketeer

From what I remember, I think there were 2 separate times on our cruise that had the lighting of the pumpkin tree/story in-between? I just remember that we were busy trying to get pictures taken with the Halloween backdrops and it was slightly chaotic all throughout the Atrium--we only did the trick-or-treat stations that were on Deck 4. Trying to get upstairs was crazy (we were also 2nd seating for dinner and had first showing and were trying to make that). They definitely had it announced in the Navigator (in fact, I bet if you look up past Navigators, you could probably find the times and get a general idea for times there). We had so much fun dressing up in a family theme, I'm sure you will too!

Seagulls.jpg

21. JolllyHoliday

Awesome costumes !!!!