Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious as to what Disney plans to do with "Pixar Place" once Toy Story land opens next year. Assuming TSMM gets it's entrance changed to the opposite side, that's just going to leave one long corridor with a potential meet and greet space.

This assuming that they don't include that in the land itself.

I'm curious as to what Disney plans to do with "Pixar Place" once Toy Story land opens next year. Assuming TSMM gets it's entrance changed to the opposite side, that's just going to leave one long corridor with a potential meet and greet space.

This assuming that they don't include that in the land itself.

It will probably become back stage space.

img_6467-jpg.233052

Is that larger building towards the back just for housing the slinky dog coaster/maintenance of it/etc?

to comment on a Marvel theme for a reskinned Star Tours, I would think the obvious choice would be Guardians of the Galaxy. Who wouldn't want a ride where Star-Lord and Rocket are constantly bickering over who is flying?

If they are looking at GotG for EPCOT I don't believe it will also pop up in DHS. Especially since the ride type is a simulator and pretty much any flying/fast driving movie could be slotted in. Oddly enough, that is actually difficult given Disney's catalogue. You aren't going to put a Pixar property there, so that rules out a lot. I suppose they could double down on John Carter, but since only 4 people saw the movie and it was a massive flop they probably don't want to be reminded of it. Same with Tron, though I think you could do an awesome CGI heavy simulator in that property. It just isn't popular enough as a movie. I would love to see them go old school with Rocketeer, but that could be because I loved that movie growing up. Sadly, the simulator concept doesn't lend itself to Rocketeer unless you got creative...he's more of a solo flying act.

I'm going to assume it needs to be a Disney IP though. I just don't see them going outside anymore even though that was originally more in line with the MGM Studios concept. Now that it is DHS, or whatever they should rename it to with SWL and TSL opening, I think it has to be a Disney property.

Correct, that building is storage and maintenance for the coaster. If there were pictures from the other side it would show three "door ways" for the three maintenance/coaster bays.

Even though this land gets blasted for the cutbacks (as they appear in the different concept art releases), I am still excited for it. I am not necessarily a huge thrill fan when it comes to coasters (not anymore at least), but having said that I really can't wait for this slinky dog one to open. I still think that I will enjoy this addition regardless of whether there could have been another attraction or not.

Even though this land gets blasted for the cutbacks (as they appear in the different concept art releases), I am still excited for it. I am not necessarily a huge thrill fan when it comes to coasters (not anymore at least), but having said that I really can't wait for this slinky dog one to open. I still think that I will enjoy this addition regardless of whether there could have been another attraction or not.

I too am very excited for the land and the coaster specifically. Only thing that has me a little bummed is some early plans showed it much more highly themed than the latest - but I also know that the original was just some concepts and nothing firm

If they are looking at GotG for EPCOT I don't believe it will also pop up in DHS. Especially since the ride type is a simulator and pretty much any flying/fast driving movie could be slotted in. Oddly enough, that is actually difficult given Disney's catalogue. You aren't going to put a Pixar property there, so that rules out a lot. I suppose they could double down on John Carter, but since only 4 people saw the movie and it was a massive flop they probably don't want to be reminded of it. Same with Tron, though I think you could do an awesome CGI heavy simulator in that property. It just isn't popular enough as a movie. I would love to see them go old school with Rocketeer, but that could be because I loved that movie growing up. Sadly, the simulator concept doesn't lend itself to Rocketeer unless you got creative...he's more of a solo flying act.

I'm going to assume it needs to be a Disney IP though. I just don't see them going outside anymore even though that was originally more in line with the MGM Studios concept. Now that it is DHS, or whatever they should rename it to with SWL and TSL opening, I think it has to be a Disney property.

Wreck it ralph?? if it doesnt go to Tomorrowland.
and if we are getting really wacky we could have Goofy driving us on a family trip to go fishing!
OR HERCULES FLIGHT ON PEGASUS :joker:
And if we really reach we might find Atlantis or Treasure planet

I forgot about UP!

Last edited:
Wreck it ralph?? if it doesnt go to Tomorrowland.
and if we are getting really wacky we could have Goofy driving us on a family trip to go fishing!
OR HERCULES FLIGHT ON PEGASUS :joker:
And if we really reach we might find Atlantis or Treasure planet

I forgot about UP!

Still can't believe they had characters from Atlantis in the Paris 25th parade - and they had speaking parts!

Even just a simulator that goes through different animated movies (like the history of Disney animation) would be cool

Like a combination of philharmagic and that old JImmy Nutron ride at Universal

Still can't believe they had characters from Atlantis in the Paris 25th parade - and they had speaking parts!

Even just a simulator that goes through different animated movies (like the history of Disney animation) would be cool

Like a combination of philharmagic and that old JImmy Nutron ride at Universal

I'm guessing probably Indy will go in Star Tours somehow. Disney owns the IP now, and the Indy stunt show is right next door.

I'm guessing probably Indy will go in Star Tours somehow. Disney owns the IP now, and the Indy stunt show is right next door.

Not a bad idea - make that a whole Indy courtyard type area. Probably even relatively easy to retheme the queue from an Ewok village to something Indy related

Not a bad idea - make that a whole Indy courtyard type area. Probably even relatively easy to retheme the queue from an Ewok village to something Indy related

They did an awesome job with the Indy in DL, and although that ride probably won't show up at WDW because of Dinosaur, I believe they could do something pretty cool with the Star Tours simulators.

There also is Dr. Strange, the whole bending of reality and such they do in that move, would be really, really interesting in a simulation....imo.

There also is Dr. Strange, the whole bending of reality and such they do in that move, would be really, really interesting in a simulation....imo.

Didn't think about that, but it would be cool. I still maintain that Marvel properties are not going to be scattered across multiple parks. Either Disney somehow wrestles (or pays through the nose) for the rights from Universal and makes a Marvel Land, which I think Universal is not stupid enough to allow without giant buckets of money being dumped on them, or we won't see much Marvel in the parks. Just my gut feeling and response based on having read enough of the contract to realize how hamstrung Disney really is.

Didn't think about that, but it would be cool. I still maintain that Marvel properties are not going to be scattered across multiple parks. Either Disney somehow wrestles (or pays through the nose) for the rights from Universal and makes a Marvel Land, which I think Universal is not stupid enough to allow without giant buckets of money being dumped on them, or we won't see much Marvel in the parks. Just my gut feeling and response based on having read enough of the contract to realize how hamstrung Disney really is.
I don't know. I agree they are severely hand cuffed, which is why I DO think you may see Marvel references in more than one park, with what little they can do. GotG into Energy looks to be happening, and I also would not be shocked to see some reference to Big hero 6 in Innoventions.....but Marvel is rumored also to be somewhat active in DHS as well. So that simulator would be a perfect avenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter