Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely think we will not be able to see SW:GE from TSL once it's opened. Might see it from the coaster.

Bay Lake was last all DVC big build (not as big as Riviera though) and it only had one pool. They can use the Contemporary pool I think. Wonder if Riv has one big multi use pool and the guests can also hop to Caribbeans regular pool?

Pretty sure like BLT and CR that Riviera can use CBR pool-it's pretty nice really.

That said, I have a feeling most will be content at Riviera. At least I hope so.

Seems like plenty of area, very curious how it progresses.

Star Wars seems like it is dwarfing Andy's backyard. When all is said & done - will you still be able to see Galaxy's edge from the backyard?

I'm honestly kind of baffled they didn't do the fence all the way over to that side. You can see SW:GE, and more importantly, a lot of backstage stuff right now. That's really bad show. Like Six Flags bad show.

I'm honestly kind of baffled they didn't do the fence all the way over to that side. You can see SW:GE, and more importantly, a lot of backstage stuff right now. That's really bad show. Like Six Flags bad show.
I think they didn’t fence that side because you would be able to see the fence from inside SWGE and then that would ruin the immersion of that land.

I expect them to build a giant "Star Wars Black Spire Playset" box that will partially obscure views of GE, and explain away the remaining lines of sight, with one fell swoop!

I think they didn’t fence that side because you would be able to see the fence from inside SWGE and then that would ruin the immersion of that land.

So we make one land immersive, and not the other??? Bad show, indeed.

Like I said there will be more foliage to cover aspects up from the ground. You likely will still see it from slinky though.

Which I get, but where else in any of the parks do you see so much backstage stuff? It seems very half arsed.

Andy's back yard had more than a fence view.

Pretty sure Andy's Mom didn't buy a house with a yard that over looked SW:GE.

Which I get, but where else in any of the parks do you see so much backstage stuff? It seems very half arsed.

Pretty sure Andy's Mom didn't buy a house with a yard that over looked SW:GE.
What do you mean by backstage? Once Star Wars opens everything you see will be on stage.

What do you mean by backstage? Once Star Wars opens everything you see will be on stage.

The back stage buildings everyone can see from Slinky.

I'm really baffled at the traffic patterns they've also set up for DHS.

The back stage buildings everyone can see from Slinky.

I'm really baffled at the traffic patterns they've also set up for DHS.
Unless they redid the entire park the traffic patterns aren’t going to get better. The park was set up a certain way and unless they did a serious overhaul it is what it is.

Unless they redid the entire park the traffic patterns aren’t going to get better. The park was set up a certain way and unless they did a serious overhaul it is what it is.

I'll disagree. Making old paths, backstage paths now, and having Muppets dump into a dead end.....really short sighted. Not that DHS was ever planned that well for traffic anyway....

I'll disagree. Making old paths, backstage paths now, and having Muppets dump into a dead end.....really short sighted. Not that DHS was ever planned that well for traffic anyway....
That’s might point. DHS was never planned well to begin with. It was designed as a studio/theme park so many areas that were backstage then are not becoming on stage.

That’s might point. DHS was never planned well to begin with. It was designed as a studio/theme park so many areas that were backstage then are not becoming on stage.
Exactly. The original concept of DHS (Disney MGM back then) was to be a working production studio where you would be in the middle of all the "action". DHS is now transforming to a more interactive/themed park and the original design concepts really don't work in that environment.

But honestly guys, they took the time to put up "fences" to block back stage stuff for most of the land....but not for the area behind the top of a hill on a roller coaster that gives views right into the back stage stuff???? C'mon. I'm a Disney apologist, but they f'ed this up. Even as insignificant as it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter