View attachment 340596 View attachment 340597

New Osceola interchange into DHS

View attachment 340598

Caribbean Beach Skyliner station

View attachment 340599

Plot behind Epcot

View attachment 340600

View attachment 340601

It’s so cool being able to see the spaceship sitting on top of the building, Galaxy Edge is really coming along!!! It’s also a lot of fun following these construction updates and to see this land come to life!!!

I still can't get over how far away the bus loops are from the front gate at Hollywood Studios. I get it's not going to take me an hour to walk from one to the other, but still, dang.

Galaxy's Edge is looking unreal. Arguably going to be Disney's crowning achievement in their theme park business.

I still can't get over how far away the bus loops are from the front gate at Hollywood Studios. I get it's not going to take me an hour to walk from one to the other, but still, dang.

Galaxy's Edge is looking unreal. Arguably going to be Disney's crowning achievement in their theme park business.

I was looking at this as well, but I also think the previous configuration was a mess and didn't work well...when there is even more demand after SWGE opens it would have been even worse. I think this will work out better for flow of traffic. It also doesn't look to me like it is any farther away then the ones at EP and AK are...especially if the loop on the right side (the one that isn't finished yet) ends up being the resort loop long-term.

Actually, when it gets moved over to the new one on the right of the picture, I think it will be just as close as AK's setup or Epcot's. And really, I am sure there is something to say for keeping the buses a good safe distance away from the front gate anyways. Especially with the added security stations.

That's a fair point about it being comparable to the bus loops at Animal Kingdom and Epcot; I hadn't considered that.

Thing I like about both the Epcot and AK are the big covered waiting areas. Studios had those little covers that helped the first 20 people stay in the shade. AK's is pretty much perfect once you get there, but you do have to walk the first quarter mile with the sun beating down on you on the hard concrete jungle. You can already see the big covers going up on the new Studios bus stop and it will make it 100% better.

New Parking garage will be bigger than the Lime garage it seems like by that second pic.

Third pic shows the pedestrian bridge almost all put together.

Last pic shows that it looks like the pool might be a split? Perhaps the slide being in the middle. Or maybe just haven't completed the dig......JMO, but would love to see them put a lazy river in wrapping around the whole back of that resort.

New Parking garage will be bigger than the Lime garage it seems like by that second pic.

Third pic shows the pedestrian bridge almost all put together.

Last pic shows that it looks like the pool might be a split? Perhaps the slide being in the middle. Or maybe just haven't completed the dig......JMO, but would love to see them put a lazy river in wrapping around the whole back of that resort.
I don’t think they’ll do a lazy river but definitely looks like two pools possible.

What's the yellow arrow pointing at in the first aerial?

Hoping that a resort of that size will have two pools. Pretty standard for a resort to have a main pool and at least one quiet pool.

Hoping that a resort of that size will have two pools. Pretty standard for a resort to have a main pool and at least one quiet pool.

Bay Lake was last all DVC big build (not as big as Riviera though) and it only had one pool. They can use the Contemporary pool I think. Wonder if Riv has one big multi use pool and the guests can also hop to Caribbeans regular pool?

What's the yellow arrow pointing at in the first aerial?

That is pointing to a bridge added on the roof tops of the star wars buildings.

Just saw your post and had the same thoughts. I swear that no matter what hotel we stayed at we were always in the last stop on the far right....in the sweltering sun.

Yes! Aside from one time when we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge and the stop was literally right outside the exit of HS we always seemed to be that one all the way down on the right....which is basically where these new ones will be - I agree the covering will help a lot as well!

It’s so exciting to see the progress at Galaxy’s Edge! I can’t wait to see it (which who knows when that will be - I still can’t even begin to fathom how crazy it’s going to be for who knows how long after it opens.)

On a completely different note, how does the bus loop construction affect access to the walkway to the Boardwalk? I’m curious as to how this will affect something like the Run Disney marathon route that goes that way (not a major thing - just something I thought about).

It’s so exciting to see the progress at Galaxy’s Edge! I can’t wait to see it (which who knows when that will be - I still can’t even begin to fathom how crazy it’s going to be for who knows how long after it opens.)

On a completely different note, how does the bus loop construction affect access to the walkway to the Boardwalk? I’m curious as to how this will affect something like the Run Disney marathon route that goes that way (not a major thing - just something I thought about).
The walkway is currently going through the new bus loop. This is only temporary why construction is on going.

Star Wars seems like it is dwarfing Andy's backyard. When all is said & done - will you still be able to see Galaxy's edge from the backyard?

You can definitely see it from Slinky, but hopefully Disney will do their due diligence in protecting sightlines from the guest areas on the ground level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter