Advice needed on DLP

maleficent_man

DIS Veteran
Hello folks

First of all apologies for posting this when it relates to DLP. I was hoping that given I can often find so much helpful advice on WDW on here, if you knew of any tips or websites/message boards for DLP? Any advice would be much welcome. I am particularly interested in knowing if anyone has done the tours they offer - is it an introduction to the parks or a behind the scenes thing? I was thinking of doing it on my last day there but didn't want to do it to find out that it was just an overview style tour. Anyway, tops marks to y'all - it is nice to read all the plans people have for their trips to Florida.

Myself and my girlfriend did WDW in 2000 and Anaheim in 2001 so we thought it was about time we went to the one closest to home!!

Thanks in advance

Nick

Hi Nick :) A warm welcome to the DIS UK boards :) Please don't apologise for posting about DLP - please post away and as many of us have visited the park(s), we'll do our best to help you.
Rob will be able to help you out with other sites and probably the behind-the-scenes tours which I haven't done so cannot help you with.

The tours are a fairly recent innovation at DLP. As far as I'm aware (I've not done them) there are two: a Main Street tour, and a horticulture tour. I don't know how much the cost, or what languages they are in. I think the Main Street guide runs three or four times a week, but the horticulture tour is much less frequent (and might even be aimed only at Annual Passholders or Shareholders as 'special events').

You could inquire at City Hall when you visit DLP, or post a question on the forum at http://www.dlp-guidebook.de/index_e.htm As an alternative strategy to taking a tour, you could consider buying the recently published book about the Imagineering of DLP - it's currently on sale only at the park itself - and taking yourself on a tour around the park. In my opinion, DLP is Disney's best Magic Kingdom, and if you've been to the american versions you should have great fun seeing how DLP differs, and how it is similar.

Quite a few of us are DLP regulars here, so please feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Regards

Rob

Thanks for your replies folks

Since you asked two more quick questions if I can.

1. Are the Mike and Sulley characters out and about in the parks?

2. When we were in Anaheim we got to be part of the Magic in the Stars parade. Is it possible to be in the Mulan one? I am always keen to do those extra special things if possible.

Thanks again - I'll have a look at the site you recommend Rob and see what info I can find.

Nick

Yes Mike and Sully can be found in the new Walt Disney Studios. The Sully character is amazing - huge, very furry, with a big dopey grin.

I'm afraid I'm not much of a parades person (with the honourable exception of the Main Street Electrical Parade!) so I can't help on guest participation.

Regards

Rob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter