Adventures by Disney London/Paris trip

Somehow i missed this thread as yet. :guilty:

Very interesting trip. thanks for sharing! :) We have been several times to Paris, but didn't manage to visit Versaille, but it's on my what-to-do-next-time-in-Paris - list. The Louvre is very impressing, but i was a little bit disappointed of the Mona Lisa, too.

In London we stayed at the Chancery Court near Covent Gardens and in Paris at the Westin across from Tuileries Gardens.

For the 2007 tour they are staying at the Chancery again, however, I believe they are booking at the Hilton Arc de Triomphe in Paris next year.

I am not familiar with the Hilton or its location, but I can't imagine anyone becoming disenchanted with the Chancery Court! It was a beautiful and spacious hotel. I did notice that the Westin was undergoing some change while we were there. Either way, I am sure the hotels will be superb! If they weren't, believe me, they wouldn't have people signing up for another tour!

My son and his friends (11 and 12 year olds) like to make fun of Paris Hilton and other "girly girls." We've been teasing him as we've told him that we'll be staying at the Paris Hilton this summer. He just rolls his eyes and says, "Oh, No!" :rotfl2:

Julie

PPiew ... If you don't mind me asking (you don't have to answer if you don't want to or you can pm me the answer if you prefer) I'm in the process of working on my budget and was wondering what I should put aside for tips for the Adventure Guides. There will be two in my party (dd16 and myself). A rough amount would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

You know, I honestly don't remember what we gave them! I will think about it though, I seem to remember there were 'suggested' tipping guidelines in the brochure that they mailed us. I don't know if people gave that amount or more or less, I remember giving them theirs in British Pounds as that is where they stayed/lived. Probably wouldn't make any difference, I know another family gave theirs in USD. I really don't know, I will ask my daughter this week if she remembers. Not trying to be evasive at all. I know it is always good to nail down whatever fixed cost you may have b4 traveling.

disneyjunkie said:
Anyone know when the 2008 trip dates/rates will be released?

My guess would be September 2007. They didn't release the 2007 trip dates/rates until last month, so I assume they will do the same for next year. I did call in August and was told the date I wanted was available, but I could not be quoted a price until the brochure came out.

Hope this helps!

Based on 2007, this was released in late August or early Sept so I would guess that 2008 will probably be next year abt the same time

MJGirl said:
My guess would be September 2007. They didn't release the 2007 trip dates/rates until last month, so I assume they will do the same for next year. I did call in August and was told the date I wanted was available, but I could not be quoted a price until the brochure came out.

Hope this helps!

I ordered the 2007 brochure this afternoon. That should give me an idea of what to expect for 2008.

I have my fingers crossed for Hawaii. :wizard:

Good news folks! Rumour has it they are setting up a ABD forum ... and should be up sometime soon!!!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

So glad I found this board, actually someone directed me to it from cruise boards - Thanks
We are really interested in this London trip. We have a DD who is 6, any ideas on what she would think??

You will find that six is a bit young. There is an incredible amount of walking on these tours. A couple on our London/Paris Adventure had a 5 or 6 year old and she had difficulty keeping up. Not too much to interest her either. Remember Notre Dame bell tower is about 400 steps!

OKAY...let me start by saying I have no idea what this forum is... :confused3

BUT I do know one thing I will be in London and Paris in December/Jan...

Any chance of getting more data on these tours OR is it too late...

My London is booked but I have done nothing about Paris.

ANY info would be appreciated.

Adventures By Disney is the new product introducing Disney into the guided tour market focusing specifically on the family travel.

These tours are luxury guided tours featuring "hand crafted" Disney experiences not offered to the average tourist..

You can read more about Adventures By Disney at Dreams Unlimited Travel's ABD website. You can find that here:

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/abd/

If you have any further questions or need assistance with planning your Adventure, you can reach me at ABD@wdwdinfo.com

Kevin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter