Advanced Reservations? how far?

GRUMPY PIRATE

First rule, always!!
This may have been answered at other sites, but how far in advance can you make reservations thru Disney?
I just finished my resse for 9/2008 and found that almost all of the rooms (that I wanted) were unavailable. Is this a marketing ploy on the part of Disney? Thanks in advanve to all that reply.

Pirate Translation:

Arrhhh Arrrghh. When can 'Ol Grumpy make a pact with the inkeep 'or 'ta price 'O cabin and tucker and grog? Do yer need a cutless or be'layin pin fer to parley a time 'ore horizen? 'Ol grumpy know thar be scallywags keepin the gate keys 'O the inn's in the many lands of merry and glee. What sez ye shipmates? Arrrrhhh arrghhh!

Hmmm... not sure why over a year in advance all the room choices you want would be full.

I think the maximum you can book is just under 2 years or so. They don't release the new years room rates that far ahead of time though.

you can book 500 days out.

WOW. Is that thru Disney reservations online, or calling in? Or Both?

Pirate Translation:
Arrrrhhh Arrghh. GAR, that be many a Sail'in moon A'for a port O'call fer the inkeep to arrange cabin and tucker and grog!!

Be that a'hail distance parlay a'speakin to a voice, or a'using the magic box that the devil pox'ed us wit paintin and music and other deeds to behold.

Arrhhh arrgggghhh!

I tried to book also for Sept 2008.
Wilderness lodge Not available/ CSR not available/POFQ not avalable/AKl not available. What gives? I know they have offered free dining for this period for UK visitors if they book a moderate or Deluxe. Does this mean there will be no rooms available at this time for US residents...or do we get whats not booked?
We are going to be @WW in 13 days and I am going to enquire in person.
Also it costs americans more to stay @WDW than the residents of the Uk and European countries. I did the math and calculated the exchange rate.
Check it out for yourself at disney.co.uk
It makes me so mad:hourglass

I have wondered this as well. I have been looking at booking for November 2008 and everything I want says it is full. (Have been looking through the disneyworld.com site.)
So is there any possibility for us to get reservations. Do we need to book even further in advance?:sad2:

you can book 500 days out.

What Safetymom says here is probably correct.

I was on the phone yesterday to get my 15th annaversary reservations at the POLY (where we were married) for 9/2008. I always book the club level with lagoon view, as that looks out on the point, where the wedding took place. (end of mushy stuff!) The CM was very helpful but simply could not find an open room at the POLY that I wanted. After talking with DW, we decided to go with the GF instead, and got a room.

If you are a member of AAA or AARP, they might have rooms "blocked off" for their use in booking vacations for their clients. (?) if that is the way they do it.

Pirate Translation:
Arrrhhhh arrghhh! The keeper O' the keys to the inn at the islands be tryi'n to help O'l Grumpy so 'ta wench O' me life warnt use a belay'in pin upside me pointy noggin so's ter get me attention. GAR, I be a 'sayin to the keeper to help me keep thar gail force ire that even the mighty Cracken would be afeared O' when the wench who be me bride gets on her rant.

Other inkeep O' other crews might have keys to cabin and tucker and grog.

O'l Posiden done gave me a ray o'light when he provide 'da space and the Gran inn of florida, with cabin and tucker and grog 'a plenty! I be be'holdin ter 'da wench of the inkeep at Floridia Gran Inn!! O'l Grumpy survive to make sail again!! Arrrhhhh arrghhh!

I would love an answer to this also. I called at about 500 days for a Dec 2008 vacation. For our family of 5, the pickings were very slim, unless I wanted $$$$$ rooms. I wanted standard view CR. I couldn't even get 9 nights @ POR. I currently have a split stay ressie to be able to stay the length of time we want. I have asked this question several times, haven't gotten any solid answers. I have been calling Disney every couple of days and haven't had any success.
I had a thread titled "But why are the rooms gone.....?"pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter