Adults going to MNSSHP; Are you going in costume? Share your pics here

I cheat when it comes to MNSSHP costumes and reuse bits of costumes I wear for the run disney races. Mostly due to the moisture wicking qualities haha. So for the princess half last year/ October Halloween party, I was a pirate princess. This year I'll be Loki for the 10/3 party and the ToT 10 miler.

I was going to do that this year - Sports Skirt in blue w/ this Captain America top http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens-under-armour-alter-ego-compression-shirt/pid1246520-401 But then I got sucked into Dragon wings.... :rotfl:

Ok so I am leaning towards Ariel and even bought a wig yesterday. It is not all red though and has black towards the ends. They did not have an all red one and I did not want to chance buying one online so hopfully it will work out. My question is do many of you guys see adults dressed as the Mermaid Ariel? Feel a little funny showing skin in a family atmosphere. Any one come across a flesh colored fitted top that could possible go underneath the sea shell strapless top or am I worring for nothing:confused3

I bought an extremely inexpensive wig cap from sally's and have some bobby pins to hold the wig in place. I try not to worry about what others do and do what I want as life is too short. There are so many full coverage tops on etsy, just search mermaid bra or top! Personally, for my needs, I needed something with straps as so I wouldn't be worried about it falling down all the time. Your needs may be different! Etsy is a WONDERFUL resource! Got my mermaid skirt there as well!

Ok so I am leaning towards Ariel and even bought a wig yesterday. It is not all red though and has black towards the ends. They did not have an all red one and I did not want to chance buying one online so hopfully it will work out. My question is do many of you guys see adults dressed as the Mermaid Ariel? Feel a little funny showing skin in a family atmosphere. Any one come across a flesh colored fitted top that could possible go underneath the sea shell strapless top or am I worring for nothing:confused3

I bought an extremely inexpensive wig cap from sally's and have some bobby pins to hold the wig in place. I try not to worry about what others do and do what I want as life is too short. There are so many full coverage tops on etsy, just search mermaid bra or top! Personally, for my needs, I needed something with straps as so I wouldn't be worried about it falling down all the time. Your needs may be different! Etsy is a WONDERFUL resource! Got my mermaid skirt there as well!

Hey thanks! Yes I have seen sooooo many cool things on etsy. I just love that site! I actually found a cool skirt on ebay that looks like fish scales! It is a long mermaid shape as well. Once again I have to say you look amazing! Too bad we were not going at the same time. Enjoy yourself as MNSSHP!

I wanted an excuse to wear a gorgeous dress so my sister and I designed a gown inspired by Ursula that she is sewing for me and my boyfriend is going to be Flotsam and Jetsam both!

The dress is going to be amazing, we found great fabrics in black and lavender and eggplant, but I'm worried about shoes. I think I will bring heels for photos and then foldable flats for walking around. It's my first MNNSHP so I can't wait!

We love MNSSHP. We dress up almost every time we go. We have been a few different things. here are a few. the Monorail family and Miss Piggy and Kermit the frog. It was a lot of fun :)

Here is the back:

Last year my Mom, sister, and I went as the Sanderson Sisters. This year the whole family is tagging along and we're going as Snow White, the seven dwarfs, and the Evil Queen.

Husband and I just got our costumes and tried them on and they fit, more or less. I can't believe I got him to agree to dress up! I really have to thank the fellow who dressed as Beetlejuice the last time we went to MNNSHP. This guy was SO convincing, and so much fun, that Husband decided to go along with me this time. So this is what we're wearing:
draft_lens11478031module160776561photo_1343841861--a-.jpg

It's a terrible picture, but it's the only one I could find with the costumes together. I'm considerably larger than the model, and we're closer in age to the actual ghosts than we are to the models...but still, I can't wait! :cool1:

Edited to add: We're going on October 2nd, so if anyone else is there that day, look for us! I'll be on a PINK ECV, so we should be easy to spot, LOL.

We saw an entire family dressed similar to this on Halloween last year. That looked GREAT! Posed by HM. We just wore Halloween t-shirts but enjoyed all the family themes....the Incredibles, Peter Pan (grandma was Tinkerbell and older person in wheelchair was even dressed as a character), rode the monorail with a perfect Jack Skellington in full mask and gloves. It was great fun!

I wanted an excuse to wear a gorgeous dress so my sister and I designed a gown inspired by Ursula that she is sewing for me and my boyfriend is going to be Flotsam and Jetsam both!

The dress is going to be amazing, we found great fabrics in black and lavender and eggplant, but I'm worried about shoes. I think I will bring heels for photos and then foldable flats for walking around. It's my first MNNSHP so I can't wait!

That sounds amazing! I would LOVE to see a picture of you guys!

We love MNSSHP. We dress up almost every time we go. We have been a few different things. here are a few. the Monorail family and Miss Piggy and Kermit the frog. It was a lot of fun :)

Here is the back:

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Miss Piggy and Kermit! Too cute!!!

My question is do many of you guys see adults dressed as the Mermaid Ariel? Feel a little funny showing skin in a family atmosphere. Any one come across a flesh colored fitted top that could possible go underneath the sea shell strapless top or am I worring for nothing:confused3

i worried about this too and ultimately choose another costume over it. At the time my best idea was to do a flesh colored tank top and then have a 'necklace' made like this http://offbeathome.com/2012/06/diy-rainbow-bling-for-pride with the shells on it. (I'd also put a few fish, seaweed, etc. on it)

Here is the back:

The monorail costumes are fantastic! So creative! :thumbsup2

My son and I plan on attending on September 14th (I think). We will both dress up.

My husband and I went in Oct 2013, and he was a pirate and I was a witch. We are getting our ideas and stuff together for 2015...yep 2015! So excited and seems crazy we have to wait that long to wear them. We are going as characters from Monsters Inc. I'm going as Sulley and my husband is going as Mike.

My question is do many of you guys see adults dressed as the Mermaid Ariel? Feel a little funny showing skin in a family atmosphere.

Wear whatever makes you happy and don't worry about what anyone else says. As long as all the "lady parts" are covered you are fine.

Wear whatever makes you happy and don't worry about what anyone else says. As long as all the "lady parts" are covered you are fine.

A bit easer said then done but I am really wanting to go as Ariel as a mermaid especially since I will be staying in the Little Mermaid room this trip. I may play around some ideas and I am sure I will come up with something.

i worried about this too and ultimately choose another costume over it. At the time my best idea was to do a flesh colored tank top and then have a 'necklace' made like this http://offbeathome.com/2012/06/diy-rainbow-bling-for-pride with the shells on it. (I'd also put a few fish, seaweed, etc. on it)

I had considered being a fariry instead but would really like to go as the Mermaid Ariel since I will be staying in the Little Mermaid room. I thought that would make a great picture. I like your idea. I am going to do some research and see what I can come up with. Once I do I will post it here for others in the same boat. Thanks for sharring.

I'm going to a couple MNSSHPs. As of right now....

One night, my HM ballroom dancer dress I wore last year
Another night, Anna with my friend as Elsa
and then another night, Olaf if I can come up with a good look

I'm going solo for my fist time and dressing up.
I'm doing a 50's theme costume with poodle skirt and Minnie ears.

My mom and I will be attending the party for the first time this year. I'm dressing up as Boo from Monsters Inc. and she's being Minnie Mouse!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter