ADR Time vs. Showing up Time

meecemouse

3amigosgo09
I just made an ADR for 50's Prime Time for next Tuesday evening. There are two Fantasmic's that night so I thought we could eat around 8:00 and still have time to get in line for the 10:30 show. However...the only time I could get was 9:00. First of all...that makes it really late to eat and secondly, might put us too late for a good seat in the show.

What would happen if we showed up at 50's prime time at 8:00? If they have tables available then, will they make us wait until our reservation time?

Just curious:confused3

Well I would assume that if all you could get was 9 then you certainly won't get a table by showing up at 8.

But you could always call and try to change - canx happen all the time.

I just made an ADR for 50's Prime Time for next Tuesday evening. There are two Fantasmic's that night so I thought we could eat around 8:00 and still have time to get in line for the 10:30 show. However...the only time I could get was 9:00. First of all...that makes it really late to eat and secondly, might put us too late for a good seat in the show.

What would happen if we showed up at 50's prime time at 8:00? If they have tables available then, will they make us wait until our reservation time?

Just curious:confused3

They will not let you check in for your reservation earlier than 15 minutes before your ADR time. You can certainly go to the restaurant at 8 and see if they are seating any standby tables but I would not count on it. Also, we are late eaters and have experienced that the restaurants often run behind the later the evening is so even with a 9pm ADR, you may not be seated right at 9.

That place is packed, even when I go which is one of the lowest attendance times all year. I have sat in the bar the last two times I ate there, and that was at lunch time. You couldn't even get near the place for dinner.

Its highly doubtful you'll get in there prior to your seating time. We've been there several times over the years at different times of the year. With each, we had no luck getting in any earlier. As far as Fantasmic goes, seen it many times over the past 10 years and never had a problem getting in. In fact I might suggest you be one of the later ones getting in. You get a better view and have easy access to the exit. Many folks will wait an hour to get a seat middle toward the front and then have to wait near as long to exit once its over. IF you've got kids, hold onto them tight as they're easy to lose in the masses stampeding toward the exit.

Thanks TGains. I have only been to fantasmic once and you are right...it took us forever to get out of there....up top is close to snacks too! Not that we will want any after a 9:00 meal!!!

We went in April(the week after Easter) and we showed up early to almost all of our ADR's. Only for 2 of them did we not get seated right away. It was usually more than 15 minutes early too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter