ADR No Show fee question

dreynolds1982

Mouseketeer
I have heard that if something comes up and you're unable to make an ADR, but you're already within the 24 hr window, if you modify the ADR for a later date past the 24 hr window, then cancel it, you can avoid the no show fee. Is that still the case?

You can cancel any time the day before, up until midnight, to avoid the fee.

You can cancel any time the day before, up until midnight, to avoid the fee.
Yup, knew that part. Was curious about changing day-of. Have an ADR that I likely won't know, due to some other factors out of my control, if we'll be able to make until the day of.

Yes

IF you can find another day to move it to. Some restaurants (like Space or Storybook) would be extremely hard to find another day to modify it to.
It's at Steakhouse 71 for breakfast so I wouldn't expect it to be difficult to find another day/time, but good to know it's an option at the very least.

I did it on my last trip in january. We had an ADR for dinner at Beaches and cream and that morning my parents started feeling sick and tired (got covid at the parks) so we decided to not go out that day. I was so worried about them and looking for covid testing sites that forgot about that reservation. About an hour before check in time I was able to modify it to a later date and then canceled, no fees. But we also had a breakfast next day that didn't show a modify option so I had to call and they just dropped it. I think some places close their modify option earlier than others. Just check with MS and they will help you out

I have heard that if something comes up and you're unable to make an ADR, but you're already within the 24 hr window, if you modify the ADR for a later date past the 24 hr window, then cancel it, you can avoid the no show fee. Is that still the case?
Yes. I did it yesterday 20 minutes before my ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter