ADR help

canadaman

Mouseketeer
I am planning a trip for july 2011. I have been to WDW once before but not with the dining plan. I am having a lot of trouble when looking at menus trying to find where i should make ADR's.

My finance and I will be going with 3 kids aged 10, 8, 6 at the time of the trip. The 10 year old will have to order off of the adult menu and he is quite picky in what he eats.

Can you guys give me some help on where I should be looking to book reservations at the various parks and or resorts. We are probably most interested in american, and italian food.

Should I be looking at buffets which would offer more choices for the three kids??

thanks everyone

I would definitely look into some buffets. Not only do they offer a wide variety of foods (plenty for everyone to like something) look at the character ones. The kids should love them.
Crystal Palace in MK is a good one, Chef Mickey's at CR is another. Then there is Tusker House breakfast at AK.

Not sure what trouble you are having with the menus? Could you be a bit more specific?

You should definitely consider a couple of buffets; not just for the food but for the character opportunities. Maybe the new Italian restraurant in Epcot, Via Napoli would be a good choice for a table service meal. The Liberty Tree Tavern in MK or the Garden Grill in Epcot has basically American food. In our experience, Disney hasn't typically made our older children order from the adult menu even though they were 10 or older -- I am pretty sure there has even been a couple of times they haven't charged us the adult price for a buffet even though our child was 10.

For starters, maybe get a guidebook on Disneyworld, so you can go over some dining options with your fiance. Plus, focus on places that will be at or near parks that you'll probably want to visit that day.

Then, for a great source for menus, check out www.allears.net. She's got very up to date menus!!

My son has food allergies, so we're familiar with how they will bend over backwards for kids, or picky eaters. He frequently has ordered a plain steak or breast of chicken, and I can usually order off a kids' menu for my daughter (she's a bit picky). Don't be afraid to ask for a children's menu for a 10 year old - or they can order something to be made plain. Disney chefs are almost all so great!

Remember that if you're at DHS or Epcot, you have the Boardwalk, the Yacht Club and Beach Club, plus the Swan and Dolphin (not Disney owned, but still have dining choices like Kimono's, a sushi bar) within a short walk or boat ride. We love strolling around that area, and there are lots of dining choices right there.

We've had a few great buffets: the breakfast with characters at Cape May Cafe (in the Beach Club) we stumbled upon on our last day two years ago. We're not big breakfast eaters, but due to a horrible experience at Chefs de France the night before, we had 4 TS credits left to use. The food was very fresh, as they kept replenishing it. My son loved that they even had smoked salmon! And the chracters were too cute! Also, Tusker House in the Animal Kingdom theme park was great! They did have plain things for picky eaters, but also very tasty items. It's a buffet without characters. Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge is very similar - super great for dinner (I think the same head chef is in charge). But, sometimes you don't feel like trekking off to another resort, so Tusker House was really good!

Hope you have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter