ADR Changers - We still don't know what we want for dinner!

So I just added Yak & Yeti to our AK day. :-)

Nice! I've heard so many wonderful things about that restaurant. Since we can't work in the table service into our plans, we're going to try the counter service option this year.

It's on our MNSSHP night and an EARLY reservation so we have plenty of time to get in line for the dwarves. :-) thought it was safer than pasta and marinara sauce with my DD.

That sounds like it's going to be perfect for y'all! :thumbsup2

Does anybody know if you can order off the sushi menu at Kona for a dinner appetizer? On DxDP. ate there last time but can't remember.

I'll be honest......I don't really know. But, I do know there was a table next to us that ordered sushi from there. I just don't know if they were on the DXDP or not. Hopefully, someone else will know for sure.

well , we went over the menu's , parks and our plans extensively once again , and I decided that I just didn't see anything on the FF or AP menu's that was really calling to me , Fulton's was getting some bad reviews on DIS , so I checked out trip advisor only to see more negative reviews , I figured awww, I can boil crab at home instead of take the chance .
Saw a few Narcosee's reviews and I was hooked , the menu is more our style , while I enjoy good food , I guess I am not such a foodie because I can't seem to get excited about some of the fancier menu items like we see on the FF or AP menu , so here is the new draft , leaving us some points for counter service's that DB wants to try , plus I like to make it over to WPE at least once per trip .

day 1
f&W
CG

day 2
Captain Grill breakfast
Kona Cafe supper before MNSSHP

day 3
Boma breakfast
Paradisio supper

day 4
Kona breakfast
Narcosee's

day 5
Via Napoli
La Hacienda ( had to put this back , looks too good and hoping for FW view)

day 6
T-Rex

this leaves us with a bit less signature , but a bit more flexibility , I am also intrigued by PFTS .......

I like your changes! I really wanted to try Narcossee's but they didn't have anything available for the night I needed. Sounds like a good ADR schedule! :thumbsup2

We love Narcoossee's! But we went to Fulton's a few years back and loved it as well. Hmmm...wonder what happened...

It seems that the service has gone downhill , and that are little flies and cobwebs all over the place , management said it is because they are on the water ......
People have said that what you get is not worth the price , maybe since the DDP they have let go on staff , quality and quantity .

So I have done alot of flipping and switching. Yesterday, after reading all the horrible reviews in here and not being all that excited about it anyways, I called our Fantasmic! Mama Melrose's package and reworked our ressies. We will just eat CS in HS; probably at Starring Rolls and get in line early for Fantasmic. Since we dropped Mama Melrose's, I added Kouzzina to our ADR list. Kinda excited about it. Planning on hitting up JellyRoll's afterward.

Here is our list now:
1st day: Teppen Edo
2nd day: Raglan Road
3rd day: Kouzzina
4th day: 1900 park fare for breakfast
5th day: Biergarten
6th day: Boma
7th day (final night *cries*): O'hana @ 9PM to watch holiday wishes from dining room @ 9:30PM

So I have done alot of flipping and switching. Yesterday, after reading all the horrible reviews in here and not being all that excited about it anyways, I called our Fantasmic! Mama Melrose's package and reworked our ressies. We will just eat CS in HS; probably at Starring Rolls and get in line early for Fantasmic. Since we dropped Mama Melrose's, I added Kouzzina to our ADR list. Kinda excited about it. Planning on hitting up JellyRoll's afterward.

Here is our list now:
7th day (final night *cries*): O'hana @ 9PM to watch holiday wishes from dining room @ 9:30PM

I think that's a good idea to drop MM F! package & replace it with Kouzzina. I've heard so many good things about Kouzzina. I really want to try it one day - both for breakfast & dinner.

Your ADRs look great! The last night is always so painful, right? :sad2: A good ADR is always a nice way to try & ease the pain! :thumbsup2

Normally we do more character meals, but since it is an adult only trip I think one is good enough :) We are trying all new places except for O'hana. Hubby HAS to have it :) I am really excited about Raglan Road. Hope to see the dancers!

Normally we do more character meals, but since it is an adult only trip I think one is good enough :) We are trying all new places except for O'hana. Hubby HAS to have it :) I am really excited about Raglan Road. Hope to see the dancers!

Those are very good ADRs for an adults trip. Seems like I hear lots of good things about the food about Raglan Road. So many good Disney restaurants...so little time. And money. :lmao::lmao:

Here is our list now:

your ADR's look great !

Those are very good ADRs for an adults trip. Seems like I hear lots of good things about the food about Raglan Road. So many good Disney restaurants...so little time. And money. :lmao::lmao:

Omgosh I soooo hear yas!!!

UH OH , saw some great Yaghtsman photo's , I'm getting the twitch to change up my Kona for YS :crazy2:

Do I hear change coming? :confused3

:rotfl:

Omgosh I soooo hear yas!!!

And DH & I need to sit down & figure out what we want to try from the F&W kiosks. I want to figure out how much of a budget we may need for that. I have no idea since it is our 1st time going to F&W.

we also need to do that , since we are DDxP , we have a lot of snack allotments , there is so much I want to try , yet only 1 real afternoon of snacking around the world :scratchin , I printed out the kiosk lists and highlighted the items I want to try , I am getting so excited :cool1:

I have the same problem. I change my ADR's so much, I think Disney probably knows me on a first name basis. The problem is that I start looking through the food pics here on the Dis and go over menus and reviews, and I am constantly changing my mind.

My first trip in 2006 was the worst...good news is that I am changing ADR's less now that I have tried at least 20 restaurants in Disney since that trip so there aren't as many options as I had for my first trip because I want to try new places. Don't worry OP! You are not alone and remember, you can always go back to disney again and try more.

SO, i sat down today, and made a trip meals matrix. Since ive been changing up ADRs, every change, i have to juggle meals around. I wrote down park hours, decided which EMHs we are going to attend, which night shows. Then i wrote in (in PEN!) the ADRs that HAVE to go at certain times/days. So now im limited on which ones i can switch up without having to redo the entire trip.

3 days with 5 different meal slots to play with now. :thumbsup2

we also need to do that , since we are DDxP , we have a lot of snack allotments , there is so much I want to try , yet only 1 real afternoon of snacking around the world :scratchin , I printed out the kiosk lists and highlighted the items I want to try , I am getting so excited :cool1:

That'll be great that y'all will have all those snack credits from the DXDP to use up! :thumbsup2 I told DH that I may buy a Disney gift card for us to utilize at the kiosks. I don't think we'll use snack credits, since we're on the DDP. But we do need to make our "want to try" lists so we can see exactly how much food we're looking at.

I have the same problem. I change my ADR's so much, I think Disney probably knows me on a first name basis. The problem is that I start looking through the food pics here on the Dis and go over menus and reviews, and I am constantly changing my mind.

My first trip in 2006 was the worst...good news is that I am changing ADR's less now that I have tried at least 20 restaurants in Disney since that trip so there aren't as many options as I had for my first trip because I want to try new places. Don't worry OP! You are not alone and remember, you can always go back to disney again and try more.

Welcome! It's so nice to see that I have so many ADR-changing kindred spirits here on the DIS! :thumbsup2

The reviews here (good & bad) are often times the stimulus for my changes. I like the way you think - we just have to keep going back until we've tried all the restaurants!

SO, i sat down today, and made a trip meals matrix. Since ive been changing up ADRs, every change, i have to juggle meals around. I wrote down park hours, decided which EMHs we are going to attend, which night shows. Then i wrote in (in PEN!) the ADRs that HAVE to go at certain times/days. So now im limited on which ones i can switch up without having to redo the entire trip.

3 days with 5 different meal slots to play with now. :thumbsup2

Brave soul you are writing those ADRs in pen! I'm definitely not that brave. My meal matrix is on the computer - always ready to be changed! :rotfl2:

But, you still have some meals to play around with so maybe that will keep you from changing the others. :goodvibes

So I changed our MNSSHP dinner from Plaza to Crystal Palace so we have 1 character meal each day...and that frees us up for lunches most days...some will just be snack credits and some will be qs/cs...I love Columbia Harbor House in MK. What are some other great cs places in MK?

So this is what I have now...subject to change. :-)

Sat 9/8 - dinner Garden Grill
Sun - CRT breakfast, Via Napoli dinner
Mon - Hollywood & Vine breakfast, Coral Reef dinner
Tue - Chef Mickey's breakfast, Rose and Crown dinner
Wed - Tusker House breakfast, Yak and Yeti lunch (may do CS instead?), Fulton's dinner
Thurs - Ohana breakfast, Narcoossee's dinner
Fri - Captain's Grill breakfast, Crystal Palace dinner
Sat 9/15 - Akershus breakfast

That leaves us 3 credits for counter service lunches...Sat the 8th, Sun, and Tues? (1 at BC and 2 at MK most likely unless I make ADRs instead)

Thoughts?

So I changed our MNSSHP dinner from Plaza to Crystal Palace so we have 1 character meal each day...and that frees us up for lunches most days...some will just be snack credits and some will be qs/cs...I love Columbia Harbor House in MK. What are some other great cs places in MK?

So this is what I have now...subject to change. :-)

Sat 9/8 - dinner Garden Grill
Sun - CRT breakfast, Via Napoli dinner
Mon - Hollywood & Vine breakfast, Coral Reef dinner
Tue - Chef Mickey's breakfast, Rose and Crown dinner
Wed - Tusker House breakfast, Yak and Yeti lunch (may do CS instead?), Fulton's dinner
Thurs - Ohana breakfast, Narcoossee's dinner
Fri - Captain's Grill breakfast, Crystal Palace dinner
Sat 9/15 - Akershus breakfast

That leaves us 3 credits for counter service lunches...Sat the 8th, Sun, and Tues? (1 at BC and 2 at MK most likely unless I make ADRs instead)

Thoughts?

That will be fun to start off your MNSSHP night with a character meal!

I think your ADR's look great! Looks like a nice mixture! :thumbsup2

I really want to try CHH for a CS meal in MK this year. It always gets such good reviews. My favorite CS place in MK is Cosmic Ray's. Just has a nice variety: sandwiches, burgers, roasted chicken (Yum!).

I am struggling with my decisions , I could use some helpful input

the night of mnsshp we were going to Kona , I wanted to change this to Yaghtsman simply because Kona is the only one I am willing to trade up.

This is the dilema , Yaghtsman is far from MK . We have a nacosee's ADR a few nights later , would you do a signature dinner on MNSSHP ?

are Yaghtsman and Narcosee's too similar , which would you choose ?

We love lobster , we also love quality steak :confused3

then of course there ia always Jiko at our resort ......

I am struggling with my decisions , I could use some helpful input

the night of mnsshp we were going to Kona , I wanted to change this to Yaghtsman simply because Kona is the only one I am willing to trade up.

This is the dilema , Yaghtsman is far from MK . We have a nacosee's ADR a few nights later , would you do a signature dinner on MNSSHP ?

are Yaghtsman and Narcosee's too similar , which would you choose ?

We love lobster , we also love quality steak :confused3

then of course there ia always Jiko at our resort ......

Okay, I may not be too much help here but I'm gonna give it a try.

First, I'll be honest with you.....I've never eaten at Yachtsman, Narcoosee's or Jiko. But, I have heard wonderful things about all 3 of them.

As far as where you're eating before MNSSHP, I have 2 questions that could perhaps help in the decision making.

1. Are you dressing up for the party?

and

2. What time ADRs are you looking at? What time are you wanting to be at the party?

If you're going to the party in costume, I probably wouldn't do a signature. But, that's just me.

Also, I don't know that I would want to do a signature on the night of the party. But, that's just because I would want to be there as early as possible to enjoy as much as I can. For example, we plan to arrive @ MK about 430 on the night of the party we're going to. We'll just go immediately to Cosmic Ray's & grab a quick bite.

But, you may not care about being there that early & that's ok. Only thing is that if your ADR isn't early enough, a signature meal could end up taking a little longer than a regular meal. So, I think a lot of it depends on what time you want to arrive at MNSSHP & what all you want to accomplish in the party.

we are looking for a 5pm ADR that night , I am looking forward to MNSSHP because we have never been to any MK parties , we are looking forward to less people , the parade , the fireworks , we are not in for linning up to meet characters , what time does the party run until ?

maybe we should shift things around and just do a CS that night .....

that would mean moving my paradisio to a lunch , or choosing between Narcosee's and Yachtsman

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter