ADR Changers - We still don't know what we want for dinner!

amandaw

DIS Veteran
Hi! My name is Amanda & I have a Disney changing problem. I change vacation dates. I change resorts....a lot. But, my main problem is with ADR's. I constantly change ADR's. I change ADR's before I even make ADR's. :rotfl: And once I do make the ADR's, I still change! I feel like I am in constant pursuit of the perfect ADR, even though I'm not so sure such a creature exists.

My family's next trip will be this coming December. So far, I've made roughly 6 different outlines of possible ADR's. See? I told you I have a problem! :laughing: To make matters worse, I just changed my resort (again), so I probably need to redo my outline....again. Then, I'll have until June 11th to mull over that outline & probably change it about 20 more times. Then, I'll make ADR's & I'll have until December to over think them & change them some more. :lmao:

I wanted to create a safe haven for all who suffer from ADRchangeritis. So, please feel free to come in, kick off your shoes, get cozy & let's discuss ADRs & ADR changes. :grouphug: After all, surely I'm not the only one who suffers from this disease. :rotfl2:

So, I'll get the party started with 1 of my many ADR conundrums. In real life, we are not big breakfast eaters. My DS (he'll be 4 in March) likes breakfast a lot. But he's good with anything from pop tarts to a full on breakfast (eggs, bacon, toast, etc). But, for some reason, in our Disney life, I find myself wanting to book all of those table service breakfast meals. These are all of the ones I'm considering for our December trip:

Kona Cafe (this would be our 1st time)
Chef Mickey's (we've done it before & our son loves it)
Crystal Palace (would be our 1st time; our son likes Pooh bear & friends but doesn't love them)
Kouzzina (another 1st for us)
Cinderella's Royal Table (yet another 1st for us - I know I'm the only girl in my family but darn it I want to eat in the castle! :lmao:)
Tusker House (another 1st - this 1 is probably at the bottom of my list)

While I think they would all be great, I don't want that many big breakfasts during our weeklong vacation. I can't tell you how many times I've changed my minds on which ones we'll do this time around. Any words of wisdom out there about my list?

Oh, am terrible at constantly changing ADRs! Absolutely TERRIBLE!

Upcoming trip end of June.... can't tell you how many times I've already changed things around. Doing 9 nights... split stay with 4 resorts (yes, we are crazy, but always do that!)... and 24 ADRs (deluxe dining most nights).
Fitting in which park which day... and then with our split stays, making sure those days we have a little break to enjoy our new resort... and fitting in all the ADRs so they make sense and flow with the schedule.....

AND fitting in our favorite restaurants more than once.... right now we have 4 different restaurants both scheduled TWICE each - just because we enjoy them so much, lol! Actually, have a fifth we're trying to see WHERE I can squeeze in a second time there. And then trying to fit in trying something new each trip to try.

This is our last trip before my twins become "adults" at disney. So then no more deluxe dining plan for us... this is our last deluxe hoorah at WDW. Just toooo expensive with us all as adults, and no matter how I do my math, still come up with no savings and better for me to just use TIW card and oh, no, start not doing some of the buffets (we do character breakfasts every day).
Am actually thinking of adding an extra day onto this trip.. to fit even more dining in. Yes, crazy.

but all our trips... I am forever tweaking the ADRs... changing times, changing restaurants altogether, changing days. is so time consuming and wish wasn't so OCD about it!

Have already started figuring out schedule/ADRs for our Thanksgiving trip. In trying to see what I can't fit into our June schedule, started playign with our November trip to see okay, anything can do then that can't do in June? Still have 7 places I want to fit in.... and have only 3 time slots in schedule to do them... and cant' decide which to keep, or ditch!

BUt yeah, I have had it where have had all the ADRs booked (always at least 20 of them each trip)... and the reworked schedule completely and cancelled/rebooked them...... only to a week later play around again and change stuff up.

Oh, am terrible at constantly changing ADRs! Absolutely TERRIBLE!

Upcoming trip end of June.... can't tell you how many times I've already changed things around. Doing 9 nights... split stay with 4 resorts (yes, we are crazy, but always do that!)... and 24 ADRs (deluxe dining most nights).
Fitting in which park which day... and then with our split stays, making sure those days we have a little break to enjoy our new resort... and fitting in all the ADRs so they make sense and flow with the schedule.....

AND fitting in our favorite restaurants more than once.... right now we have 4 different restaurants both scheduled TWICE each - just because we enjoy them so much, lol! Actually, have a fifth we're trying to see WHERE I can squeeze in a second time there. And then trying to fit in trying something new each trip to try.

This is our last trip before my twins become "adults" at disney. So then no more deluxe dining plan for us... this is our last deluxe hoorah at WDW. Just toooo expensive with us all as adults, and no matter how I do my math, still come up with no savings and better for me to just use TIW card and oh, no, start not doing some of the buffets (we do character breakfasts every day).
Am actually thinking of adding an extra day onto this trip.. to fit even more dining in. Yes, crazy.

but all our trips... I am forever tweaking the ADRs... changing times, changing restaurants altogether, changing days. is so time consuming and wish wasn't so OCD about it!

Have already started figuring out schedule/ADRs for our Thanksgiving trip. In trying to see what I can't fit into our June schedule, started playign with our November trip to see okay, anything can do then that can't do in June? Still have 7 places I want to fit in.... and have only 3 time slots in schedule to do them... and cant' decide which to keep, or ditch!

BUt yeah, I have had it where have had all the ADRs booked (always at least 20 of them each trip)... and the reworked schedule completely and cancelled/rebooked them...... only to a week later play around again and change stuff up.

:welcome: I'm so glad to have you here!

9 nights with deluxe dining...that is a lot of ADRs...my head is spinning just thinking about it. :laughing:

I would love to try the DXDP one day. Maybe when my son is a little older & can put away that kind of food. But, definitely before he turns 10.

With y'alls character meals every morning....do y'all do them before Rope Drop?

Okay, I'd like to know which restaurants are y'alls favorite - the ones that y'all do twice. It may give me some more possibilities to add to the mix.

Do you have a list of the restaurants you'd still like to try?

The good thing for you is that you have 2 upcoming trips. So, like you said, what you don't do in June, you can always get for the November trip. Although, we both know it's never that simple, is it? :lmao:

I hope you'll feel better knowing that you are not the only one with ADR changeritis, amandaw. :rotfl: I have just as much, or more, of a problem with ADRs as with RCs. ADRs are delectable little morsels of fun that provide so many options. The restaurant itself, the time, the date, the proximity to the Park you'll be in... so many variables to arrange and then rearrange. And once you make a RC, you must start all over again with ADRs. :upsidedow :) :upsidedow

My next ADR 180 is coming on Valentine's day so I'd better get to the spreadsheet. :surfweb: Thanks again for starting this fun thread. :goodvibes

I hope you'll feel better knowing that you are not the only one with ADR changeritis, amandaw. :rotfl: I have just as much, or more, of a problem with ADRs as with RCs. ADRs are delectable little morsels of fun that provide so many options. The restaurant itself, the time, the date, the proximity to the Park you'll be in... so many variables to arrange and then rearrange. And once you make a RC, you must start all over again with ADRs. :upsidedow :) :upsidedow

My next ADR 180 is coming on Valentine's day so I'd better get to the spreadsheet. :surfweb: Thanks again for starting this fun thread. :goodvibes

I am soooo glad to know I'm not alone when it comes to changing ADRs. I'm definitely worse about changing ADRs than anything else. :sad2: Oh, the options. All the endless options. It's all so good....yet so bad. :lmao:

So, I'm assuming if you have a romantic dinner on Valentine's night, the conversation will be about the ADRs you made earlier that day. :laughing:

You are so right about having to redo the ADR spreadsheet anytime a resort change is made. The last time I re-worked my ADR spreadsheet, I showed it to my DH. His response? "Well, that sounds good. But, I know that's not where we're going to be eating come December because you'll change it 100 times before then." Well, I couldn't really argue with him about that. :rolleyes1

You're very welcome for starting up this thread. Thank you for coming over...I'm so glad to see you here! :goodvibes

Preachin to the choir sister! I have page after page of different itineraries.....my more family. We are 36 days out and I changed a couple yesterday as well. Ugh.

As far as your adrs I will tell you that crystal palace was cute, good food, and good way to get autographs. My opinion is if you are not getting autographs I would skip that one.

Tusker for breakfast we loved. The characters were the classics and again great for autographs and pics. My dd was 8 when we went and she loved it. Again food was great and another perk is get a before the park opens ADR and u get to walk thru the park by yourselves. Also sets u up to be towards the back of the park when u are done.

Chef mickeys we haven't done, but are staying at BLT this time so we are trying it.

Have fun and no that you are not alone!

Forgot to mention it, kona is outstanding and kouzzina will be a first for us this time.

Can't say I have the disease , but I do mull over and over which ones to make and when and before the 180 day mark have had 20 plus scenarios !! Have been known to change a few though:rotfl2: I have never eaten breakfast at any of the places you listed BUT KONA is definately on my list !! I have decided that I need a whole month at Disney just to fit in all my wannados :rotfl2:

I am here!

My name is Sheila and DH and I will be in WDW in March on the DxDP

Currently my ADR's are as follows:

3/4 Big River Grill & Brewing Works (new)
Cape May 6:50pm(new for dinner)
House of Blues(DTD) 9:45pm - OOP (new)

3/5 Cap'ts Grill 7:30am(new)
T-Rex(DTD) - app? OOP (new)
Le Cellier 1:35pm(new)
Rose & Crown 7:30pm

3/6 Hollywood & Vine 8:05am
Mama Melrose 1:55pm (Fantasmic! Pkg)
Cap't Grill 8:30pm
Raglan Road 10:00pm (show 10:30) drinks -OOP (new)

3/7 Crystal Palace 8:10am
LTT 11:30pm(new)
Tony's 5:00pm(new)
Wishes Dessert Party

3/8 Cape May 7:30am
Via Napoli 11:30pm(new)
Biergarten 6:15pm

3/9 Kouzzina 7:30am(new)

I haven't changed my ADRs in weeks after I snagged the 'Ohana and shifted a few others and then DH said he did not want to do 'Ohanas so I put everything back the way they were I even was able to get the same times for Cap't Grill.

I did change my ADR for the F! Pkg about a dozen times going from HBD dinner to MM dinner to MM lunch to a lter MM lunch you see what I mean ? :rotfl:

The other day I did add 3 new ADR not sure if I will end up cancelling them or not they are all DTD 2 late night one lunch. Since we will have a car I am thinking we could hit a couple of places for drinks late evening just to check them out House of Blues and Raglan Road and I made a T-Rex lunch on a whim thinking maybe having an app there or nixing Le Cellier lunch(not sure DH would go for that one)

Hi Amanda....I am here. I don't have any ADRs I want to change. But I am here. Deena and I have one together, so I am holding strong. And of course I have CRT I HAVE to keep :goodvibes DH is the culprit who makes me cancel :confused3 So for now I can sit back and watch the ch-ch-changes :flower3:

I'm in!

We normally do 7 or 8 nights of DxDDP.... but in April... we're trying TIW :scared1: I know--I said I'd never go without DxDDP again. (There's still time to change that :laughing:)

So my problem is... I want Captain's Grille because I want their crab legs. If I go to Red Lobster this weekend, that craving will be satisfied and I'll want San Angel Inn instead. Then next week, we'll go to Abuelo's and that will be satisfied then wanting something else. It's an ongoing issue---but Ohana, California Grill, and Via Napoli (with Pas and family!) aren't moving :laughing:

You should see what I've done, undone and redone with the Disneyland trip. We'll see how that ends up in 2 weeks, lol!

I'm in!

We normally do 7 or 8 nights of DxDDP.... but in April... we're trying TIW :scared1: I know--I said I'd never go without DxDDP again. (There's still time to change that :laughing:)

So my problem is... I want Captain's Grille because I want their crab legs. If I go to Red Lobster this weekend, that craving will be satisfied and I'll want San Angel Inn instead. Then next week, we'll go to Abuelo's and that will be satisfied then wanting something else. It's an ongoing issue---but Ohana, California Grill, and Via Napoli (with Pas and family!) aren't moving :laughing:

You should see what I've done, undone and redone with the Disneyland trip. We'll see how that ends up in 2 weeks, lol!

:rotfl2::rotfl2:
I'm laughing because we have discussed this!

To the OP: I am a chronic changer too...the day of, I am searching for other options...for what reason, I do not know! Then, I end up staying with the original plan :rotfl: I drive poor DH CRAZY!! :headache:

Well, we're not really ones to make changes once we figure out where we would like to eat, but man do we like looking at all the menus and deciding where to go!!! The problem is we like too many of the places that we have been to in the past. We do try to add a couple of new ones in there, but it's hard. There are always ones my hubby likes to go to, and my daughter is 13 and she has a list too. We usually go down for 2 weeks, so we go really crazy with the eating. By the time the last day rolls around, I can barely eat anything else!!! This time we are only going to 1 restaurant twice, and that is California Grill (hopefully it will still be open)!! I can understand all the changes in the ADRs. There are just too many options and too many places to choose from. Have fun!!!

Preachin to the choir sister! I have page after page of different itineraries.....my more family. We are 36 days out and I changed a couple yesterday as well. Ugh.

As far as your adrs I will tell you that crystal palace was cute, good food, and good way to get autographs. My opinion is if you are not getting autographs I would skip that one.

Tusker for breakfast we loved. The characters were the classics and again great for autographs and pics. My dd was 8 when we went and she loved it. Again food was great and another perk is get a before the park opens ADR and u get to walk thru the park by yourselves. Also sets u up to be towards the back of the park when u are done.

Chef mickeys we haven't done, but are staying at BLT this time so we are trying it.

Have fun and no that you are not alone!

I have pages & pages of ADR itineraries, too! In fact, I have a Disney notebook full of different itineraries. I just can't seem to choose one. :sad2:

Thank you for the insight on Crystal Palace & Tusker House. Now, I'm leaning towards taking away Crystal Palace & doing Tusker House. But, who knows, that could change....:rolleyes1

We really enjoy doing the 1st ADR in the morning at Chef Mickey's. The food is hot & decent & you can see the characters quickly so that you're out the door to make Rope Drop. We usually do it either on an MK or Epcot day. I say it's definitely worth doing at least once!

So glad to know I'm not alone in my ADR changing & that I have good company! :thumbsup2

Forgot to mention it, kona is outstanding and kouzzina will be a first for us this time.

I think Kona for breakfast is one of the few ADR's I'm pretty set on. We've enjoyed dinner there before and I've heard so many great things about breakfast. I think Kouzzina sounds really good, too. Just not sure if I'll be able to fit it in this trip.

Can't say I have the disease , but I do mull over and over which ones to make and when and before the 180 day mark have had 20 plus scenarios !! Have been known to change a few though:rotfl2: I have never eaten breakfast at any of the places you listed BUT KONA is definately on my list !! I have decided that I need a whole month at Disney just to fit in all my wannados :rotfl2:

:welcome: Even if you don't have full-blown ADRchangeritis like I do, you are still more than welcome to come & discuss different ADR scenarios. :flower3: I do think I'm going to definitely put Kona on our list for this year, too. It does seem to get consistently good reviews, especially for breakfast. I wonder how long one would have to be at Disney if they wanted to to try every restaurant at every different meal time offered. :scratchin

I am here!

My name is Sheila and DH and I will be in WDW in March on the DxDP

Currently my ADR's are as follows:

3/4 Big River Grill & Brewing Works (new)
Cape May 6:50pm(new for dinner)
House of Blues(DTD) 9:45pm - OOP (new)

3/5 Cap'ts Grill 7:30am(new)
T-Rex(DTD) - app? OOP (new)
Le Cellier 1:35pm(new)
Rose & Crown 7:30pm

3/6 Hollywood & Vine 8:05am
Mama Melrose 1:55pm (Fantasmic! Pkg)
Cap't Grill 8:30pm
Raglan Road 10:00pm (show 10:30) drinks -OOP (new)

3/7 Crystal Palace 8:10am
LTT 11:30pm(new)
Tony's 5:00pm(new)
Wishes Dessert Party

3/8 Cape May 7:30am
Via Napoli 11:30pm(new)
Biergarten 6:15pm

3/9 Kouzzina 7:30am(new)

I haven't changed my ADRs in weeks after I snagged the 'Ohana and shifted a few others and then DH said he did not want to do 'Ohanas so I put everything back the way they were I even was able to get the same times for Cap't Grill.

I did change my ADR for the F! Pkg about a dozen times going from HBD dinner to MM dinner to MM lunch to a lter MM lunch you see what I mean ? :rotfl:

The other day I did add 3 new ADR not sure if I will end up cancelling them or not they are all DTD 2 late night one lunch. Since we will have a car I am thinking we could hit a couple of places for drinks late evening just to check them out House of Blues and Raglan Road and I made a T-Rex lunch on a whim thinking maybe having an app there or nixing Le Cellier lunch(not sure DH would go for that one)

:wave2: Hi, Sheila! I'm so glad to see you here!!!

It seems like you have some great ADRs up there. There are a lot that we haven't tried yet. We did do LTT on our last trip & we enjoyed it. But, we did it for dinner so we had the all-you-can-eat Thanksgiving type meal. I've heard lunch is good, too.

I still can't believe your DH didn't want to try OHana. That place gets so many good reviews & seems like such a man-friendly place...with all the meat. :laughing: That's the one place Ed is really wanting to eat at next time. So I will be up bright & early on ADR day to try & snag that for us.

I've also been torn about whether or not to do the F! package & if so, what meal to do it for. I prefer to do TS meals at dinner. But, it seems like that could be rushing it with having to go to F! right after that. And then, which restaurant to choose? :confused3

Hi Amanda....I am here. I don't have any ADRs I want to change. But I am here. Deena and I have one together, so I am holding strong. And of course I have CRT I HAVE to keep :goodvibes DH is the culprit who makes me cancel :confused3 So for now I can sit back and watch the ch-ch-changes :flower3:

Hey, Jeanette! I'm so glad you popped in! :flower3: You definitely need to keep the CRT ADR! I think all of your kids are going to have fun at that one. I'm still undecided on whether or not I should make an ADR there since I only have a boy. :confused3 My preference would be to eat at Be Our Guest....if it's open. But, if not, I was considering CRT. Even if you aren't making ADR changes, you know you're welcome here! And you can probably help give insight to us mulling over changes.

I'm in!

:yay: I'm so glad you came over! I would love to try the DXDDP one day. Maybe when Reid is a little older & can really put away a lot of food! :laughing:

I know exactly what you mean about wanting to try a restaurant but then you think of something like it at home. I feel that way about the restaurants in Mexico & Teppan Edo. I can get good Mexican food anywhere around me & we have tons of hibachi grills in town. And our hibachi grills have fried rice! Last time we went to Teppan Edo they only had steamed rice. :sad2:

To the OP: I am a chronic changer too...the day of, I am searching for other options...for what reason, I do not know! Then, I end up staying with the original plan :rotfl: I drive poor DH CRAZY!! :headache:

Glad to have another changer aboard! :flower3: I don't know why I keep looking & reworking my ADRs either. I think I'm happy with what I have...then I think there may be something better...I'm always worried about just trying to make everything as good as possible for my family.

Well, we're not really ones to make changes once we figure out where we would like to eat, but man do we like looking at all the menus and deciding where to go!!! The problem is we like too many of the places that we have been to in the past. We do try to add a couple of new ones in there, but it's hard. There are always ones my hubby likes to go to, and my daughter is 13 and she has a list too. We usually go down for 2 weeks, so we go really crazy with the eating. By the time the last day rolls around, I can barely eat anything else!!! This time we are only going to 1 restaurant twice, and that is California Grill (hopefully it will still be open)!! I can understand all the changes in the ADRs. There are just too many options and too many places to choose from. Have fun!!!

I agree that it's hard to decide where to go! There are so many good choices. And I think all of us who go frequent Disney end up having our favorites. I hope you can get to California Grill! I have it on our list of possibilities for December. But, it seems like it's not going to be open. :sad:

My husband will be devastated if it closes before we get there this year!!! I think that is the only place he couldn't live without, lol!

If you need some other suggestions for breakfast, there are some that I think we couldn't miss. We really like The Wave, Boma, Grand Floridian Cafe and of course Kona!!! There's already one that I forgot to add to the list. I guess I will be changing something around already!!

Have any of you tried Bluezoo? That is a new one for us this year. Thanks!!

Yay! I'm glad you popped in here!! :hug: Forgot to PM you... my stepmom canceled on me for May :sad2: DH and I are going at the end of April. He can't go in May because he's going to Vegas the 2nd week of May with his friends. (was supposed to be his bachelor party before we moved the wedding up a year, lol). I would have loved to see you!!

:yay: I'm so glad you came over! I would love to try the DXDDP one day. Maybe when Reid is a little older & can really put away a lot of food! :laughing:

I know exactly what you mean about wanting to try a restaurant but then you think of something like it at home. I feel that way about the restaurants in Mexico & Teppan Edo. I can get good Mexican food anywhere around me & we have tons of hibachi grills in town. And our hibachi grills have fried rice! Last time we went to Teppan Edo they only had steamed rice. :sad2:

Yay... Resort and ADR changing... you just want me to tell the world that I can't make up my mind for anything :rotfl: Our hibatchi's are wayyyyy better at home--you get more for less! I've just always been a craving girl! I do keep in mind that last May was so HOT that I was miserable that I wasn't as hungry as in November when it's milder. So I think a few counter services in the mix will be good instead of locking down ADRs.

My husband will be devastated if it closes before we get there this year!!! I think that is the only place he couldn't live without, lol!

If you need some other suggestions for breakfast, there are some that I think we couldn't miss. We really like The Wave, Boma, Grand Floridian Cafe and of course Kona!!! There's already one that I forgot to add to the list. I guess I will be changing something around already!!

Have any of you tried Bluezoo? That is a new one for us this year. Thanks!!

Oh no....I hope y'all can get into Cali Grill so that you don't have a grumpy husband....that is never fun! :laughing:

I think I'm definitely going to try Kona for breakfast! We haven't tried Bluezoo...isn't that at Swan or Dolphin? Or am I completely off base in thinking that?

Yay! I'm glad you popped in here!! :hug: Forgot to PM you... my stepmom canceled on me for May :sad2: DH and I are going at the end of April. He can't go in May because he's going to Vegas the 2nd week of May with his friends. (was supposed to be his bachelor party before we moved the wedding up a year, lol). I would have loved to see you!!

Yay... Resort and ADR changing... you just want me to tell the world that I can't make up my mind for anything :rotfl: Our hibatchi's are wayyyyy better at home--you get more for less! I've just always been a craving girl! I do keep in mind that last May was so HOT that I was miserable that I wasn't as hungry as in November when it's milder. So I think a few counter services in the mix will be good instead of locking down ADRs.

I'm so glad your DH was at least able to go with you in April so that you didn't have to lose out on a trip.

At least you know you're not alone in you're decisiveness. I'd say you keep pretty good company! :lmao:

Our hibachi's are much better too! And we love a good hibachi meal. I think that's a good idea about doing more CS meals for your spring trip. I noticed when we went last May we didn't eat as much. Now, when we're there in December, we can put away some food! :rotfl: So, I'm sure I'll be trying to find the best possible TS meals for us this December!

Yeah, it's in the Dolphin. I think the only reason he wants to go there is because of the lobster. Not quite sure what I would get there. Just curious to see what others opinions are. He ususally picks out the restaurants he likes according to what kind of seafood they have there. Now, I like to pick a restaurant according to what kind of desert they have :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter