ADR CANCELATION PENALTY A SCAM?

We still book like crazy....you just have to remember to cancel.....Thats what iPhone reminders are for...
We may book 5-8 but only actually use 1. Which is fine..we just cancel.

I am not sure if I agree with this. I have an ADR for 1 at Be Our Guest in a couple of months. However, I tried to add my son for a total of 2, but nothing is available. I am checking often, but there is nothing for the times we need. I know it is hard to plan ahead - especially many months ahead. But hording reservations still occur. The DME will not let me make another dining reservation for someplace else, because I already am holding 1 for a specific time. I really want to go to BOG and he could "walk" in with me - maybe??? but we would not be able to do advance meal ordering.

I have an ADR for 1 at Be Our Guest in a couple of months. However, I tried to add my son for a total of 2, but nothing is available. I am checking often, but there is nothing for the times we need.

Have you called? A table for 1, as far as I know, is also going to be a table for 2, so they should be able to put him onto the reservation.

I am not sure if I agree with this. I have an ADR for 1 at Be Our Guest in a couple of months. However, I tried to add my son for a total of 2, but nothing is available. I am checking often, but there is nothing for the times we need. I know it is hard to plan ahead - especially many months ahead. But hording reservations still occur. The DME will not let me make another dining reservation for someplace else, because I already am holding 1 for a specific time. I really want to go to BOG and he could "walk" in with me - maybe??? but we would not be able to do advance meal ordering.

Agreed- those who hoard a lot of ADR’s make it difficult. I understand booking a few things until your plans firm up a little more but 5-8 reservations and only 1 is used is a bit much.

DME won’t let you book simultaneous reservations BUT if you call the dining line they can book an overlapping reservation for you. If you wanted to book something as a back-up in case you don’t get the BOG reservation sorted, they can do it by phone.

Have you called? A table for 1, as far as I know, is also going to be a table for 2, so they should be able to put him onto the reservation.

You seat yourself at BOG for lunch so the issue with how many spaces are available has more to do with room and kitchen capacity and not the table size.

ETA - any time I have called to add a person I am told that what they see for ADR’s is what we see so if we can’t add a person, neither can they. They were also not able to split my party into 2 groups for mobile ordering.

Take a look at the Dining Reservation Cancellation threads and you'll find a lot of BOG ADRs being offered every month. Find a two or one person ADR at or near the time you want it and then just cancel your original one if needed. You can also set up a restaurant search finder from one of the different companies that offer it.

Have you tried to add a res for 1, so you'll have 2 ressies? One will be under your son's name and you will keep yours. Show up at the same time and you have your res for 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter