ADR breakfast times - WDYT?

tjknitz

DIS Veteran
Hi! I make my ADR's on Saturday - I'm so nervous!

I am trying to decide what I will do for breakfast ressies......what would be wonderful is if I call in on Saturday morning and get Tusker House ADR's and Crystal Palace ADR's for 8am - however I have a feeling this is one of the first time slots to go. If that is the case, and you wanted to make sure that you got into the parks at opening to beat the crowds and get in line - would you accept a time later than 8am (like 8:15 or 8:20)? or would you just try for a later breakfast then (like 10am)? I just don't know what to do and I dont want to be inside a restaurant watching everyone walk past and getting in line to the rides while we are still eating - ya know :laughing:

Here's what I do. It almost worked this last time, but I think some folks are catching on, so I had to get some a little earlier than I wanted.

Book the latest breakfast you can in the park that opens early. If possible, maybe go 1/2 hour before the breakfast is listed as ending. If you have to go a little earlier that's fine.

Here's the deal...

Since the park is open early that day get there so you are at the gates 1/2 hour before opening. This means you will have to leave your hotel by 7 or a little after. hit all the big stuff. Then, when the crowds start to get big, it's time to eat! After you can leave that park and go to one that didn't open early and it will be less crowded.

Here is my personal plan as we are leaving 6/19.

1. We have a 9:25 at Akershaus on 6/21 (a little earlier than I wanted). We will be there when the gates open, fast pass Soarin', get in the soarin line and ride then either use our fast pass for a second ride or hit test track then use the fast pass. By then its time to eat.

2. We have a 10:00 at Play-N-Dine on 6/22. We will again go early, ride all the popular stuff then just hit the shows, etc after we eat.

3. This works best at the MK if you have kids bcause you can go early do EVERYTHING in fantasyland and still have time to kill before Crystal Palace.

Don't worry about eating late because they still bring out fresh food. If you are worried about being too hungry, just bring some snack stuff like a protein bar or breakfast bar to eat when you wake up. It will hold you over, then you can eat your breakfast.

Whether you have kids or not, I would try these because they are very good:

Akershaus in EP
Play_N_Dine in DS
Crystal Palace in MK (We have always done a late breakfast here but are trying an early lunch this time... same advantage as the breakfast)

We are also trying the Tusker breakfast for the 1st time. This is why we moved the Crystal Palace to a lunch... We just thought 4 breakfasts would be too much.

We do have a daughter who is 5 and loves characters so we used every meal on the dining plan as characters except Biergarten, which has a nice show.

Here are ours this time if it helps:

Chef Mickey's Dinner
1900 Park Fare Dinner (New this time)
Akershaus breakfast
Play-N-Dine Breakfast
Biergarten Dinner
Tusker House Breakfast
Crystal Palace Lunch

Whispering Canyon Cafe Lunch/Dinner is also nice, it just takes a while to get there if you aren't staying at the Wilderness Lodge.

I hope this helps!

GO PENS! EAT SOME RED WINGS FOR DINNER TONIGHT!

Steelers fan has some great ideas!

I personally would do the 805am at crystal palace, and then if I couldn't do that, then i would do it later in the morning, like 1045 or so. That way we could be there for open at 9, and do Fantasyland and avoid those horrific lines later in the day.

Great advice Thanks so much! I will definitly consider those options.

Lets Go Red Wings! ;)

I wanted an 8 am at TH but got an 8:15. Apparently they just stagger the times so they can seat easier/take the group photo first. I am planning to get there at 8 and see if we can get seated a few minutes earlier. Also, at AK we want to do the safari right away. I figure if we are running late, one of us can run out and get FPs really quick and then come back, since it's right next to it. Good luck, I hope you get everything you want!

I would take as late as 8:30. If after 8:30 I would ask for the latest time available. 10:30 I believe it is for both CP and TH.

I like the PP's idea about hitting up AM EMH and doing a late breakfast. That could be my plan B for ADR's. We aren't AM EMH people but it's the same as doing an 8 am BF ADR. We only do one a trip but we are going to try two...TH and CP next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter