Adjoining rooms @ ASMo question

RussellDisney

Contemporary tastes on an All Star budget!
Just had to "downgrade" the vacation :mad: due to now being able to go to Outer Banks in July. Had to change from the WL to ASMo, but hey, we're still staying on property and getting two vacations in this year - all in all, not too bad.

My question is we reserved two rooms at ASMo in the preferred section in order to get more room, but how can we increase our chances of actually getting rooms with the connecting doors? We have two kids, DD age 6 and DS age 4. Our plan is for them to have one room "to themselves", but obviously with their ages the connecting doors will remain open at all times. Since Disney can't guarantee connecting rooms, what can we do? One value room for 7 nights is just too small with two kids, family suites at ASMu were not availalbe. If connecting rooms are not available, will Disney let us cancel one without charge (doubt it, but thought I'd ask!!)

They will charge a cancellation penalty, but I THINK (although am in no way an expert on this) that you can apply the cost as a credit to your next trip. Also, keep checking to see if any of the fam. suites become avail, as I think you can switch fairly easily.

Thanks, I plan to keep checking on the suites on ASMu. When is the renovation to be complete at Music? For that matter, is there any work planned at ASMo for second week in Oct?

Make sure you request "connecting rooms", if you want the internal doors between the rooms. In Disney reservation-speak, "adjoining" means the rooms are near each other. That may end up being next to each other, across the hall, a few doors down, etc.

What time of day is best to call and/or check website to find availability? I'd really like to change to the suites at ASMu. Do changes and/or cancellations show up instantly or only at certain times?

Hi - Read Your Post. Occupancies Change, Minute To Minute, Second To Second Depending On The Many Guest Requests. If You Are Planning To Check For Resevations On The Day You Wish To Arrive, You Can Play The After Check-out Time Game - Good Time To Call Around 12 Pm Eastern Time. Had This Experience, I am Local Mickey, And Decided At The Last Minute To Go Down For The Week-end. Called At 12 Pm, Nothing Available At My Desired Resorts. Called Back Around 2 Pm, Desired Resorts Still Unavailable, Able To Book An Alternate. Prepared for the trip. On our Way (a Total Of 25 Minutes - around 4 pm), Called Central Reservations Again And secured The Reservation I requested At 12 Pm. With A Little Determination, The "magic" Your Way Can Be Achieved!!

If You Are Looking To Book In Advance, Take Into Consideration The Time Of Year You Want To Visit, A Busy Time (holidays) Or A More Relaxed Time Of Year. It Is Always Best To Book In Advance To Assure You Get The Room And View You Desire. If When Making Your Booking You Can't Get Exactly What You Want, You Could Secure A Reservation (better Safe Than Sorry) And Try To Make Any Changes Before Arrival. If You Are Unable To Get What You Want Before Arrival, Upon Arriving Ask For What You Want. You May get Lucky And be Upgraded For The Same Price As Your Original Reservation(Key - ASK, ASK??). By The Way, Try To Book Through Central Reservations Instead Of The Web Site, you Can Ask the cast member For Any Applicable Discounts For The Time You Want To Visit. You Can Also Play The Central Reservations - On-line Game. Check With Each Before You Book To See Who Has The Lesser Cost. Visiting Disney Is Fun, Trying To Get What You Want Is A Little More Taxing, As There Are Oh So Many Choices.

Hope I Have Helped A Little - Have A Good Vacation

When I booked 2 rooms at All Star Movies, the reservation agent guaranteed me connecting rooms because I have kids.

I think if you have 2 adults and kids and want connecting rooms you will be guaranteed those rooms. If you have 3 adults -- so that one can stay in the second room -- I think you won't get that guarantee.

Actually, if you have two adults they can stay in separate rooms if necessary. Not desirable, sure - but even if the confirmation indicates it's guaranteed, well, if there are no connecting rooms available on a given check-in day, they can't be made to magically appear. Even Disney isn't that good :)

There've even been reports of solo adults traveling with more minors than a single room can hold, who've been unable to get connecting rooms.

I'm not sure, but for myself, DH, DS6 and DS4 one room at ASSp is perfectly fine. We're not in it all that much, so I wonder why OP would waste money on an extra room for a 6 and 4 year old? :confused3

Make sure you request "connecting rooms", if you want the internal doors between the rooms. In Disney reservation-speak, "adjoining" means the rooms are near each other. That may end up being next to each other, across the hall, a few doors down, etc.

This is a very important distinction, be sure you specify "connecting". This is true in any hotel (not just at Disney), adjoining just means near each other while connecting means they have the interior door that connects the two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter