Address for Disney compassion program

janette

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have the address for the Disney compassion program?

I'm just starting to plan a trip for June 2004 for my extended family. One of my nephews is 7yo but severely handicapped, he has the capabilities of about a 3mth old. Although he'd rather stay at the hotel or better yet at home there might be times where the entire family wants to do an activity so we'd want to include him so that someone else doesn't have to stay behind to care for him. If at all possible I'd like to be able to get a special pass for him to enter the parks. I know Disney doesn't usually discount for disablities I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

He has 3 sisters ages 11,8 & 4 and I'm really looking forward to helping them on a trip to Disney. They haven't been to Disney before so hopefully we can make this a very magical trip :)

As far as I know WDW does not have any special program.

Disneyland (Anaheim) however has a program they call Happy Hearts Days. It is not advertised and you have to call or write to them to be added to their mailing list to get notification of the dates they will offer. Twice a year, in the spring and fall, they designate three weeks (Sunday - Thursdays, only) when they pre-sell discount one-day admissions (for Disneyland only, not DCA) for $18. Each family may purchase a maximum of six (6) tickets. You must mail in payment with the original form they send you by a certain deadline. You will receive your tickets by mail a few weeks later. They are very strict on procedures. You can call the "Happy Hearts Info Line" @ (714) 781-1566. The current recording says that information will be available after Feb. 1st.
To get on the mailing list write to Disneyland , Guest Services, PO Box 61015, Anaheim, CA 92803-1015.

Hope this helps someone.

There is a program, but I can't find the information right now for it. I believe it is more for adults since there are few other programs that cover them coming to WDW.
Another thing to consider is MAKE A WISH since he is a child. If he has never had a wish granted thru them, he would be eligible. There are other wish granting groups, but MAW is the most well known. MAW and other wish granting group most often use Give Kids the World. That organization does a first class job of wish granting. Everything is taken care of (even things people didn't know they needed.

Thanks, I'm pretty sure they don't have a regular program but they also sometimes do things on a special basis that's why I thought I'd ask. They may also get respite care for him during the vacation so then it won't matter. I just wanted to find options, the times I think we'd want to take him to the parks are maybe when everyone is planning to meet for a parade or maybe some of the night shows. For regular touring since will be a pretty good size group and we can split up so someone could care for him in the hotel. We are using my DVC for this trip so we'll have plenty of room there.

I was posting at the same time Sue :) edited to add.

I don't think this qualifies for help from Make A Wish, he really doesn't have the ability to care about WDW. He was born with his disabilities so has really never been like a regular child. I'd love to help his sisters have a great trip and he'll be included as part of the family but not because he would want to be there.

I found this on another website, I quess I can start there.

Walt Disney World Compassion Program

Walt Disney World Community Relations
PO Box 10000
Lake Beuna Vista, FL 32830-1000
Phone: 407-828-3453
Fax: 407-828-8121

Services Offered:
Provides free passes for terminally ill children ages 3 to 18 who have not had a wish granted by Disney world or any other wish-granting organization. It is preferred that requests be made through your local or national wishing organization.

That sounds like the program I knew about. I believe that when you contact them for a child, they refer you to MAW or GKTW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter