Addonitis Poll: How Long Did You Wait After Your 1st...

How long after your first accepted offer until you made a 2nd?

• Within 1 month

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • 1-2 months

Votes: 16 9.7%
  • 3-6 months

Votes: 18 10.9%
  • 6 months to 1 year

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • More than 1 year

Votes: 66 40.0%
  • I have Addonitis Antibodies - One contract is enough

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters
If I want a bigger place it would be best to add on to original resort rather than having two different ones?
If your goal is to get a 1 BR at your current resort and that's where you prefer to stay, yes. However, if you love one or more resorts and want to alternate between them on trips, then get a second home resort. That way you can either do split stays, or bank (or borrow) points to get a bigger room in the first resort for one trip, and then bank/borrow to get a bigger room for the second resort on the next trip.

We bought our favorite resorts so we could do just this if we wanted, alternating between them with the option at 7 months to pool points to stay at a non-home resort if we wanted.

We first bought 150 point SSR resale contract in 2017 and immediately bought a direct 25 point SSR contract for benefits. We made it almost 2 more years before we bought a 75 point SSR and a 100 point OKW direct contracts. Bought the OKW one to get 3 bedroom grand villas every few years for larger group trips.

Apparently 3 months for us. @JavaDuck and I just put in an offer for 200 points at Grand Californian. These two West Coasters (Seattle area), really wanted some home court advantage at that resort. Our first resale contract - here's hoping it goes well with ROFR. We still may get some DLTower points but that's probably 3-5 years away and well... VGC location just can't be beat - optimistically excited!

Last edited:
Direct 75 CCV October 2018 - used "welcome home" to stay 2 nights BWV
150 BWV Resale March 2019 - wife fell in love
160 SSR resale May 2020 - bought at right time at $95/pt loaded contract for SAP

I'm looking now for 50-75 point BCV contract for wife and I!!! We are in mid 30s, had kids young, 4 years away from empty nest and I'm military. Retirement goal is a house in Windemere but we still want DVC for stays!!!! I'd like to hit the 1000 point club, but she may divorce me before then!!! hahaha

Direct 75 CCV October 2018 - used "welcome home" to stay 2 nights BWV
150 BWV Resale March 2019 - wife fell in love
160 SSR resale May 2020 - bought at right time at $95/pt loaded contract for SAP

I'm looking now for 50-75 point BCV contract for wife and I!!! We are in mid 30s, had kids young, 4 years away from empty nest and I'm military. Retirement goal is a house in Windemere but we still want DVC for stays!!!! I'd like to hit the 1000 point club, but she may divorce me before then!!! hahaha
Thank you for serving! 1,000 point club does sound enticing :-). Though just the two of us, what we have may prove just fine.

200 direct at BCVillas; 100 more a few months later. 200 direct at Boulder a few months later. 200 direct at AKVillas a few years later. Done now although we love HHI.

26 days into ROFR, and I'm trying to at least wait until I hear back on my first resale to see if I should make an offer on this second contract I've been eyeing with the same use year. It's just so dang hard to be patient the closer we get to a potential answer!

Bought AKL 50 points direct, when that still got you a Blue card, came home and bought 50 more resale as soon as one became availabl.

We bought in August and received our member number in September. I just couldn't figure out the program so I 'shelved' it. DH finally said figure it out because that was a lot of $ to just forget about. Calling MS didn't help. So I finally hit the internet. I found a really small site and they explained a ton. Our first DVC trip was February. Our son went in May and we returned in October. In November we added on. We added again when the economy recovered to the point we were unable to trade into any of the Epcot resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter