Adding to Escape Package?

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by BLJ28, May 10, 2017.

1. BLJ28

BLJ28 Earning My Ears

I'm in the very very early stages of planning and exploring having our wedding at Disney World. I'm actually not very interested in planning all the little details that day and so the Escape package seemed perfect for us. I love that it's smaller without being too small, I wouldn't have to worry and obsess over everything and the price is great! The only drawback for me is how short it is. We have four kids so the trip to Disney alone is going to be quite expensive so a Wishes wedding really isn't in the cards for us. BUT, I can't imagine having our families come down and me buy a beautiful gown and only wearing it and celebrating with our families for a few short hours. Any help or suggestions? I've had a really hard time finding anything outside of the Disney official website on this and that doesn't really say much. I don't really care about a DJ or dancing or a full reception per se, I just want to stay in wedding celebration mode with everyone for a few more hours.

And as an aside, any help at all in beginning to navigate this process would be extremely helpful. I'm overwhelmed to say the least. Thanks!

2. ALegrande

ALegrande Mouseketeer

Hi There! I'm an Escape bride too. A LOT of brides add a catered lunch or brunch after their ceremony so that its like a reception but without the dancing and traditional wedding fanfare. You could have characters come by or just have like lunch and then a cake cutting moment to get some cute pictures with your new hubby! SO many of the escape brides do these catered lunches/brunches (I am having a full reception at Swan and Dolphin so unfortunately I am not one of them lol) but if you subscribe to the Disney Wedding Podcast @lurkyloo has several episodes where brides went this route so that could help give you some ideas! You could also add an Illuminations Fireworks dessert party at Epcot and as long as you planned it through Disney Fairytale Weddings you would get to wear your dress :) Good luck with your planning!

lurkyloo likes this.
  3. BLJ28

BLJ28 Earning My Ears

Thanks!

Any chance you have a rough idea on how much that would be? We're budgeting to buy a new home as well so we have to plan things out accordingly. I've searched the website and can't find an estimate. I really appreciate the help!

4. ALegrande

ALegrande Mouseketeer

It varies greatly depending on how many people you have, what menu you choose, and what the rental fee is for the site you choose to have it, but this website http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/private-party/ has a lot of helpful information about costs and menu prices for both catered events and dessert parties. The absolute MINIMUM you can expect to pay is $1,000, and the average I've seen people spend is around $2200-3,000, but again that can vary greatly depending on your choices. I also recommend joining the DisBrides facebook page, on there you can ask others roughly what they paid for their events :)

lurkyloo likes this.
  5. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

Welcome! This episode of the podcast gives a complete overview of the Escape planning process, including how to add a dessert party. The link @ALegrande posted to my site gives you pricing on dessert parties.

The only thing that's changed about Escape since I recorded this show is that you can now book 10 months out instead of 8 months out: http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/2017/01/11/escape-collection-overview/