Adding people to a current reservation

NatsFan78

Mouseketeer
I am trying to find a breakfast reservation for Chef Mickey’s on September 10. There are three people in my party but I linked my plans with my daughter and her family of five. We are adding each other to all our dining reservations. My daughter currently has reservations that morning at ‘Ohana for all eight of us, that is our backup plan. Can I remove my party of three or at least myself from her reservation so I will not have a conflict if something comes up at Chef Mickey’s, then have her add us back if we are unable to get a reservation at Chef Mickey’s? Can I change the reservation size after booking? I hope that made sense. My grandsons are obsessed with the sensational six and this will be their first Disney trip. We really wanted to start the trip with Chef Mickey’s breakfast. I signed up for alerts from Touring Plans and Mouse Dining. I just want to be sure if something opens I will be able to reserve it. I don’t want to lose my backup plan in case it doesn’t happen. Thank you for your help.

Don't mess with trying to remove anyone from your daughter's ADR for 8. Just leave it as is until you get Chef Mickey's.

It doesn't matter if fewer show up. The no-show fee per person isn't charged unless no one arrives for the reservation. If even 1 person appears, that avoids the fee.

Adding people back onto a reservation that exceeds 6 would really be difficult since a table for 6 is the largest ordinarily available.

if I find an opening at Chef Mickey’s will it let me reserve that first, then cancel ‘Ohana? Thank you for your help.

if I find an opening at Chef Mickey’s will it let me reserve that first, then cancel ‘Ohana? Thank you for your help.

Pre-Pandemic, absolutely you could not hold two reservations at the same time. I’m planning for a party of 14 and did ADRs last week. The majority of the time I had no problem making multiple ADRs at the same time in my name. There were a couple of times it popped up saying I had a conflict and needed to select which reservation I wanted to keep. One time I backed out and tried again and the pop up did not happen.

I would suggest trying it out, make a reservation at the same time, for a different restaurant that has availability, and see what it does. Then cancel the reservation.

From what I understand you’re asking on removing yourself from your daughter’s reservation is that she would deselect you as a guest and not reduce the head count for the reservation? If that’s the case, from my experience, when you go to update the guest she’d have to select or list someone else in your place. While you don’t have to list any or all guest when making a reservation when I went to update guest it would not let me do it for just one person.

Pre-Pandemic, absolutely you could not hold two reservations at the same time. I’m planning for a party of 14 and did ADRs last week. The majority of the time I had no problem making multiple ADRs at the same time in my name. There were a couple of times it popped up saying I had a conflict and needed to select which reservation I wanted to keep. One time I backed out and tried again and the pop up did not happen.

I would suggest trying it out, make a reservation at the same time, for a different restaurant that has availability, and see what it does. Then cancel the reservation.

From what I understand you’re asking on removing yourself from your daughter’s reservation is that she would deselect you as a guest and not reduce the head count for the reservation? If that’s the case, from my experience, when you go to update the guest she’d have to select or list someone else in your place. While you don’t have to list any or all guest when making a reservation when I went to update guest it would not let me do it for just one person.

Thank you so much!! I will just leave everything as it is for now and see what happens.

Yes, you can "remove your name" from the reservation. That should open space on your own account - but don't mess with the reservation itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter