Adding one to PS's? Need help ASAP if possible.

Mama Twinkles

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
May I trouble you for quick help with something? I have long had all my preferred PS's for two people for a moderately busy week in March, but now it looks as though my DSO may be joining us. Would Dining allow me to add one to all our PS's, or would they have to cancel me out of everything and start anew (w/very low chance of being able to re-book this late in the game)? What about just showing up with a 3rd person at PS time (strikes me as potentially unfair to others, so probably wouldn't do, but what would happen?). Thank you very much in advance.

:sad1: I can't answer your post I would advise calling Disney ASAP to see what can be done or maybe my post will get the ball rolling and a expert will give you some solid information.Godd Luck :goodvibes

Thank you very much. I did just call Disney. They would have to cancel everything and start anew, though interestingly there are still good PS times available, which leads me to think a couple of weeks before Easter may not be as crazy as some have been predicting. He did also say that they would probably not turn the extra person away if we all just showed up together. It would truly be a non-problem if the tables as originally booked were 4-tops, but as it happens they were all 2-tops, so no luck w/the idea of simply modifying existing PS's rather than canceling and then rebooking. I hope this info helps someone else down the line.

What you need to do is call them as if you were just starting new. After you have made the new reservations you can cancel the old ones. Don't cancel first or you may be completely out of luck.

Also, there is a possibility that you might be able to get a three even though the reservation is for a two; a lot depends on they physical setup of each restaurant.

Sorry you aren't able to just add the 3rd person, hope you can still get good PS's!!! I think that last week of March will be the busiest.

Just curious.... would you have to do the same if you had reserved for 3 and were adding a 4th?? Since most tables are for 2 or 4 (or more) would adding a 4th person mean losing all your PS's. I don't think any character meals/sit downs I've been to have actual tables for 3 people so assuming you'd get a table meant for 4 you should be able to make the change, right?

NJDisneymom said:
Just curious.... would you have to do the same if you had reserved for 3 and were adding a 4th?? Since most tables are for 2 or 4 (or more) would adding a 4th person mean losing all your PS's. I don't think any character meals/sit downs I've been to have actual tables for 3 people so assuming you'd get a table meant for 4 you should be able to make the change, right?

Yes, I believe that changing from 3 to 4 people would not require any cancellations, just modifications.

Thanks, everyone, for your input. Happily, I was able to change everything but Chef Mickey's, which gives me hope that mid-March will not be too crowded, though I understand that there are still P.S.'s available even for Easter week, so maybe P.S. availability is not the best indicator of crowds.

I just called (at 9:30 am eastern) on the 90th day out for lunch at Le Cellier. I wanted 1:30, for a party of 5. All they had was 12:50 or 2:10...they said otherwise we'd have to be at 2 tables. So I'm guessing that most of tables are set up for 4 and if you need more than that you need to call early.

You'll get a faster, and likely more useful/correct answer if you call WDW-DINE and ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter