Adding on contract

Divaofdisney

DIS Veteran
I first bought resale for OKW which I am still waiting to have membership info and points loaded. In the interim I bought 150 point direct at Riviera. That contract is already loaded and in system. My question is this... which I think I may have asked before but can't find the thread- will I just get a new contract # or will I just see it show up on my DVC account? It is the same UY. Sorry if I have asked this twice now. I appreciate it. Hoping it will be this week as deed recorded on 4/23/21. Thanks everyone

If it’s the same UY, it’ll be right next to your RIV points once it is loaded.

I first bought resale for OKW which I am still waiting to have membership info and points loaded. In the interim I bought 150 point direct at Riviera. That contract is already loaded and in system. My question is this... which I think I may have asked before but can't find the thread- will I just get a new contract # or will I just see it show up on my DVC account? It is the same UY. Sorry if I have asked this twice now. I appreciate it. Hoping it will be this week as deed recorded on 4/23/21. Thanks everyone

If its the same use year, then the OKW will be added. If its a different use year then its a new membership.

Think of it as separate bank accounts.

Your okw with be a different contract # like 1234567.00X with x most likely being #1 with your RIV direct being contract # 1234567.000. You will have the same membership number. This is all assuming both contracts have the same UY. All contracts no matter how many of them under the same UY all have the same membership number, which is what’s on your blue or white card.

Not just the same UY but also titled with the exact same people and their names spelled exactly the same way - for instance, if one contract says Mary Jones and the other is Mary E. Jones - that could trigger 2 Membership #s

Not just the same UY but also titled with the exact same people and their names spelled exactly the same way - for instance, if one contract says Mary Jones and the other is Mary E. Jones - that could trigger 2 Membership #s

Not necessarily. We have contracts that we bought with middle initials and ones without and they all went under the same membership.

One contract DH is first and the other I am. MA still was able to put them together as we were indeed the same people.

Not necessarily. We have contracts that we bought with middle initials and ones without and they all went under the same membership.

One contract DH is first and the other I am. MA still was able to put them together as we were indeed the same people.
Good to know

The question remains. Are both deeds the same with regards to people? I thought you said at one time that the Riv had 2 people on it (you and someone else) and OKW was just you. If that is the case, they will not be under the same membership #. Forgive me if my memory is incorrect.

So the OKW contract is just myself. The Riviera contract is myself and SIL. We shall see how this plays out but I was told that it should simply be added on to my DVC account and I will not have a separate one since the UY remains the same on both.

So the OKW contract is just myself. The Riviera contract is myself and SIL. We shall see how this plays out but I was told that it should simply be added on to my DVC account and I will not have a separate one since the UY remains the same on both.
Both will show up on your DVC Account but it will be 2 different member numbers -

Both will show up on your DVC Account but it will be 2 different member numbers -

Exactly this! 1 Account- 2 membership #’s each with 1 contract under them. Meaning, in order to combine at 7 months you will have to do a transfer (which really isn’t a big deal). Just something to keep in mind.

Well I guess that will be okay. I just wanted everything to be in one place and so I am hoping it will be.

Same "place" on the website, yes.

But combining points from both contracts for one stay will be more complicated.

It will be easier to plan to use them separately.

I was told that if they are listed as separate memberships then you have to call member services if you want to move points from one membership to another and that is limited to once a year

I was told that if they are listed as separate memberships then you have to call member services if you want to move points from one membership to another and that is limited to once a year

Yes, I was made aware of this also. I would not think I would need to do this more than once in a year so I am okay with that.

Dumb follow up question as somebody considering an add on, if I have two contracts (same resort, same UY), and I transfer points from contract 1 to contract 2, are those points eligible for the same banking/borrowing permissions as though they were never transferred, or are they "trapped" at all.

Dumb follow up question as somebody considering an add on, if I have two contracts (same resort, same UY), and I transfer points from contract 1 to contract 2, are those points eligible for the same banking/borrowing permissions as though they were never transferred, or are they "trapped" at all.
If you have the same resort and UY and all the owners match up there is no need to transfer points between the two they all function together when booking like they are one big contract.

Transfers happen between memberships, not contracts. Contracts are fixed as that is how things are deeded.

As mentioned, if everything is under the same membership #, there is no need to do anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter